Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Popsjill/pens/DSCN1239_zpsf4f5a09b.jpg

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to tempt you some more :roflmho:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Popsjill/pens/DSCN1233_zpsdc6feab3.jpg

fpn_1362282073__stompies_ink.jpg

It would help me a lot if you could quote that actual post please as I have many different blue colours and am not sure which one you are referring to.

Or else, if I said which pen I was using, that could also help.

Rev, great to see you here again; same to you Eeyvind. I really like your idea of dumping ink into a cheapie pen - that makes more sense than putting it into a jar that you will never draw ink from, no matter what you tell yourself (I'm talking here about me).

Here's the pen I'm using today:

fpn_1361983276__conid_fountainbel_fpr_bulkfiller_1024x769.jpg

fpn_1361983050__conid_fountainbel_fpr_bulkfiller_1_763x1024.jpg

why must it be soo expensive...

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."

-John Quincy Adams

"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it will get you the right ones."

-John Lennon

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s664/ZachWasniak/IMAG0338_zpsb7c93681.jpg

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."

-John Quincy Adams

"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it will get you the right ones."

-John Lennon

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s664/ZachWasniak/IMAG0339_zpsd3833909.jpg

-John Quincy Adams

-John Lennon

1361984464[/url]' post='2612616']

Rev, great to see you here again; same to you Eeyvind. I really like your idea of dumping ink into a cheapie pen - that makes more sense than putting it into a jar that you will never draw ink from, no matter what you tell yourself (I'm talking here about me).

Here's the pen I'm using today:

fpn_1361983276__conid_fountainbel_fpr_bulkfiller_1024x769.jpg

fpn_1361983050__conid_fountainbel_fpr_bulkfiller_1_763x1024.jpg

Greetings Dave,

How did you discover such a beautiful FP?

I have been trying to source this great looking pen since I first saw it.

Lots of Ggogle, some emails to Belgium and watching some FPGeeks videos and it appears to be out of production, but they are engineering a more curved replacement.

Does it feel as good to write with as it looks?

Best regards,

Steve.

P.S. love the ink you chose for it.

Edited by SJH

fpn_1362282073__stompies_ink.jpg

So sorry for my foolishness Steve! When you referred to an earlier post I though you meant earlier than the one you quoted here! Too early in the morning for me :-)

That blue is Iroshizuku Kon Peki ink.

That blue is Iroshizuku Kon Peki ink.

Many thanks for your swift reply.

I have to send my order off!

Best regards,

Steve,

Edited by SJH

Hi Steve, I was following development of Francis' design from the very early posts here in FPN, when he was working to obtain his patent. Then, when he announced a production run, I immediately jumped in - was lucky enough to be in funds at the moment - waited several months, and got No. 9 of 60 in his limited first edition. The pen is big but lightweight, writes like a dream, travels well, and is worth every penny. I don't have many demonstrators but am glad to have this one. Please shoot me a PM if you'd like some more info, as I don't want to derail this great thread by straying too far off topic.

Zach, one great pen is more valuable to its owner than any number of average pens, at least that's been my experience.

Sorry to type, no way to upload to FPN from an iPhone. :gaah:

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

dcpritch

Interesting background, thank you.

Best regards,

Steve.

Edited by SJH

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s664/ZachWasniak/IMAG0347_zpscacc5740.jpg

-John Quincy Adams

-John Lennon

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s664/ZachWasniak/IMAG0348_zps815aaee3.jpg

-John Quincy Adams

-John Lennon

20130303_153020.jpg

20130303_153044.jpg

20130303_153118.jpg

Yes folks that's a TWSBI 540. The Jumbo is shorter but much fatter. It is comfortable to hold but it does have to be gripped differently than a standard FP. This has the ink shut off rod attached to the blind cap, at first this leaked I seem to have solved the problem with lots of silicon grease. The Jumbo Pen hold 12 (twelve) ml of ink. Yes XXII, zwolf, 1100, etc. I'll be writing with this for a while, I hope the cap seals well. I have a traveling chopsticks set that's smaller. As you can see the nib is a broad now, there is tipping left but it is worn down to a flat broad surface. The sweet spot (tectonic plate) is at a really good angle for me and is pleasant to write with, the edges are slightly sharp but I can fix that. The cross strokes are slightly thinner than the down strokes but the stubbishness is limited. The flow is slightly dryer than my TWSBI vac 700 but still in the normal range.

This pen is putting a goofy smile on my face. :P