Italian Leather 5 Pen Case

Chi Town

oh, I like how the pens can fit into the slots without having to clip them over the outside.

Yes, I liked that too!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chi Town

• reprieve

• stevlight

• Sagar_C

I just received my 5-pen case, and I'm very happy with it. At first, the slots seemed a little tight with the larger pens, but I think they will stretch out; I put a few big pens in the case, and the slots already seem a little looser after just a few hours. My Omas 360 will not fit, though. But I do really love the look of the leather and the fabric lining. It's heavy and beautiful. This case will last a lifetime.

I noticed that the OP doesn't clip his pens to the case when he slides them in. Is it hard to get the pens out when they are crammed down the sleeves? Do you squeeze them out like a toothpaste tube? I ask because I wonder how well a case like this would work for clipless pens. Specifically, short clipless pens like a Nakaya Piccolo, a Stipula Passaporto, or an Edison Pearl?

I just received my 5-pen case, and I'm very happy with it. At first, the slots seemed a little tight with the larger pens, but I think they will stretch out; I put a few big pens in the case, and the slots already seem a little looser after just a few hours. My Omas 360 will not fit, though. But I do really love the look of the leather and the fabric lining. It's heavy and beautiful. This case will last a lifetime.

What is your opinion on how does MB149 fit in case you have tried one? Thanks in advance.

What is your opinion on how does MB149 fit in case you have tried one? Thanks in advance.

The slots in my case were a little smaller than I expected when it arrived. I think the leather will stretch with use. For now, I am trying to loosen the slots with a TWSBI Micarta and Vac and a few Lamy Safaris. My 149 fits too tightly for my comfort at the moment.

As these cases are all handmade, I imagine there will be small variances in size. Like I said earlier, the case is beautiful and will last a lifetime. I do hope the slots stretch (as I would like to use this case with my big pens, too), but I am happy with it regardless.

Hi Everyone. I picked up this 5 pen case a few weeks ago and like it so much that I thought I would share it with you all. It is a Rustic Italian Leather http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/ChiTown51/5PenCase001.jpg Lined with a patterned, Chenille fabric. http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/ChiTown51/5PenCase002.jpg. It holds 5 pens, the size of a Visconti Ink Pot or a Mont Blanc 149 with plenty of room. It even has room for a little note book. http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/ChiTown51/5PenCase003.jpg It is approximately, closed, 6 3/4" tall, fully opened 14" Long and 4 1/2" wide aproximately. It is such a nice soft leather that it's not even funny! I am so excited to have this and I have others but none have turned me on like this one does. I picked it up from Renaissance-Art.com (no Affilation) just a VERY satisfied customer! I ordered it on a Sunday and rec'd it Tuesday. I have to admit I laugh everytime I think about their warranty: Arthur says that even if your dog eats it he will replace it free, well I have two dogs, but I hope they don't eat it as my pens will be inside.

Is it made og vegetable tanned leater? That seems kinder to pens,mas faras I know. Ruud

Hi Everyone. I picked up this 5 pen case a few weeks ago and like it so much that I thought I would share it with you all. It is a Rustic Italian Leather http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/ChiTown51/5PenCase001.jpg Lined with a patterned, Chenille fabric. http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/ChiTown51/5PenCase002.jpg. It holds 5 pens, the size of a Visconti Ink Pot or a Mont Blanc 149 with plenty of room. It even has room for a little note book. http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/ChiTown51/5PenCase003.jpg It is approximately, closed, 6 3/4" tall, fully opened 14" Long and 4 1/2" wide aproximately. It is such a nice soft leather that it's not even funny! I am so excited to have this and I have others but none have turned me on like this one does. I picked it up from Renaissance-Art.com (no Affilation) just a VERY satisfied customer! I ordered it on a Sunday and rec'd it Tuesday. I have to admit I laugh everytime I think about their warranty: Arthur says that even if your dog eats it he will replace it free, well I have two dogs, but I hope they don't eat it as my pens will be inside.

Is it made og vegetable tanned leater? That seems kinder to pens,mas faras I know. Ruud

I do not know the answer to that question, that sounds like a question for Rennasance-Art.

• 6 months later...

Nice pen case and lovely lining. It looks to be a pen case for life.

With love,

goldenkrishna

Ik tik

• 2 weeks later...

cool!

———calligraphy———fountain pens———paper———books———typography———colours———conservation———

instagram//femoz//skype//fuzzyarse

• 4 months later...

I really like the look of this pen pouch. The Renaissance Art web site says that it can fit a pocket Moleskine notebook (3.5x5.5) even when filled with pens. I can't tell very well from the photo, but it looks like there may be some extra room there. Does anyone who has this pouch think that a small Quo Vadis (4x6) would fit? :hmm1:

Thanks!