How many italian fountain pens do you own?

AndreaDuni

How many italian fountain pens do you own and how many do you really use?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. How many italian fountain pens do you own and how many do you really use?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 21-25
    • 26-30
    • 31-35
    • 36-40
    • 41-45
    • 46-50
    • 51-55
    • 56-60
    • 61-65
    • 66-70
    • 71-75
    • 76-80
    • 81-85
    • 86-99
    • Over 100
    • zero

I only have two :blush: :

1. Marlen Vienna with 18K F nib - super-smooth wet writer, nice to hold ONLY with the sterling silver cap posted. Without the cap posted it's difficult to use as this button-filler has a very short barrel.

2. Stipula Giardino di Boboli LE with 14K F nib - managed to get # 01/39 :)9 . But this pen's ink flow is temperamental and the nib toothy :angry: . In fact sending it back next week to Stipula for repairs.

Just added another one yesterday.

The Delta Papillon. Blue colored resin, c/c with a 14K F nib :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marklavar

• Phthalo

• kissing

• georges zaslavsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Nine...

Omas Celluloid Paragon (grey pearl and gold)

Omas MOMA

Omas 360 (red hi tech)

Omas Bologna Burkina

Omas 361T (vintage, RG cap)

Tabo Transparente (vintage)

Aurora 88 (vintage, RG cap)

Aurora 88P (vintage, RG cap)

Stipula Novocento (red mottled hard rubber pif)

I own and use 7 Italian Pens:

Krone Moderne, Krone Daddy-O, Marlen XXI, Omas Ogiva, Signum Orione, Visconti Pericles and Visconti Van Gogh.

As far as writing problems the only 2 that gave me a problem were the Krone Moderne and the Visconti Van Gogh. The Krone I was able to fix myself and the Van Gogh is currently being "Binderized" by Richard.

All the others write buttery smooth with no problems at all. But I ask you: is 2 out of 7 pens that work correctly a good percentage? I say no!

I can never seem to get over the mystifying fact that I buy a frightfully (brand new) expensive pen that doesn't write right!!! It really angers me that some expensive manufacturers seem to think that if the pen is beautiful - we will like it even if it skips or doesn't write at all. Why is that? Where is their quality control? Don't they ever try these nibs before they leave the factory??? Such beautiful nibs and they don't write. I have bought 20.00 Sheaffers (and have had 5.00 "School" fountain pens) that write far better than some of the expensive pens I have bought. And, I see from some of the posts on FPN that I am not the only one who has had this experience. Shame on these manufacturers !!!!! How difficult would it be to try the nib before it is shipped.

Sorry for the complaining but does anyone share my frustration?