Space Man Pens

stan

In the thread regarding Hoover Pens I mentioned my small collection of SPACE MAN pens from the 1960s and promised a photo of my collection - all two.

The brass colored one is made of, what else...brass. Nice pen with a decent nib. The one in the foreground is the Pilot clone. Pretty cheap pen.

If any one has any others please let me know or if you see any anywhere please let me know.

I enjoy collecting odd brands.

post-388-0-06395100-1333680162.jpg

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.

Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stan

• SmoutKa

• betsypreston

• AltecGreen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

In the thread regarding Hoover Pens I mentioned my small collection of SPACE MAN pens from the 1960s and promised a photo of my collection - all two.

The brass colored one is made of, what else...brass. Nice pen with a decent nib. The one in the foreground is the Pilot clone. Pretty cheap pen.

If any one has any others please let me know or if you see any anywhere please let me know.

I enjoy collecting odd brands.

This is exactly the genre I like the most. :drool: The size of a regular pen, but just that extra little something to remind you it isn't disposable ballpoint.

Understated and good. Odd enough to be noticed by anyone who appreciates a good writer. Brass, e.g., has very little speaking against it. One can see it is not so shiny as gold. But it looks nice, and is durable. Most goldplate pens are brass-based anyway.

Combine this with a nib with 'a little extra something' like either flex, being hooded, or an outstanding design, and it could be my only pen.

Now try to source one...

They are not anything to write home about. I had the brass pen and found another with the same name. It is something of a game to find a third model.

Now I need to post photos of my Star pens.

Space Man - Stars. Get it?

I wonder if there is something Freudian going on.

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.

Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello Stan

I don't know if you or anyone else will see this after this thread has been dead for so long, but I'm after more information about Spaceman pens.

I have owned one for about 25 to 30 years but it's very different from the model you describe. This is a slightly reduced scale copy of a Parker Duofold, done in a rather nice browny/redish material. I assume plastic rather than celluloid, but it is a very good looking pen.

I've never used it in anger as I've never found a cartridge to fit it here in the UK, but dipped in a bottle tells me the nib is medium fine with no skipping, as you'd perhaps expect from a japanese pen. The gold coloured band around the cap has Spaceman Japan on it.

please, do you or anyone else reading this have any idea what I'm looking at?

Thanks in advance

• 7 years later...

A kind FPN member pointed me to a fairly extensive page on "Space man" pens and its owner/manufacturer Kato Seisakusho, in Japanese: http://itoda.server-shared.com/katou.html

There's a link there to a pdf catalog - I found it very difficult to download due to frequent network errors that didn't seem to originate from my side so I've uploaded it to a different location: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LIsnQnMxZuam5m20AdVxWeXv-5SO7mgO/view?usp=sharing

@juangris Not all the celluloid pens in the photos on the linked site are Space Man pens but you might see your pen there. There's a key, of sorts, above the first photo with pens.

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens