Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mhguda

• hari317

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

My Companion for the week is an ASA I-Will with Schmidt Fine nib. I have posted the review here.

post-125832-0-19407800-1457199155_thumb.jpg

post-125832-0-26394000-1457199443_thumb.jpg

Click here to check out my reviews

Fosfor Rajendran | ASA Santulan | Ranga Sugarcane | ASA Sniper | Fosfor Heather | ASA I-Will | Hero Glorious | ASA Azaadi | Fosfor Islander | ASA Halwa | ASA Macaw | ASA Namenlos | ASA Bheeshma

I have fitted Ambitious #6 chrome finish nib successfully to Airmail 69EB. I had to set it deep so that cap can be screwed in and out without touching the nib.

Good to know! I haven't had a chance to try a nib by Ambitious.

I did play around with setting the #6 Jinhao nib taller, which caused the cap to not close properly.

post-125832-0-88569000-1457978342_thumb.jpg

With me today -

1. ASA Santulan made using Conway Stewart red whirl blank (top)
  2. Guider Egg Shaped pen using brown swirl acrylic (bottom)

Regards,

Prithwijit

Fosfor Rajendran | ASA Santulan | Ranga Sugarcane | ASA Sniper | Fosfor Heather | ASA I-Will | Hero Glorious | ASA Azaadi | Fosfor Islander | ASA Halwa | ASA Macaw | ASA Namenlos | ASA Bheeshma

Prithwijit, those pens are achingly beautiful. Is the ASA Santulan a new version of the Halwa? The ends look slightly more pointy and missile-like. The red swirl material suits the design perfectly.

Vaibhav, I read your full review and enjoyed the photography and handwriting as always, and appreciate your honesty regarding the nib. The shading in Krishna Ghat Green is lovely.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Vaibhav, I read your full review and enjoyed the photography and handwriting as always, and appreciate your honesty regarding the nib. The shading in Krishna Ghat Green is lovely.

I welcome your appreciation...

and would love to see your collection of Indian pens too...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

H

Prithwijit, those pens are achingly beautiful. Is the ASA Santulan a new version of the Halwa? The ends look slightly more pointy and missile-like. The red swirl material suits the design perfectly.

Hi Bob,

The Santulan is indeed the progeny of the Halwa. I am berating Mr. Subramaniam to make the Santulan with the imported blanks he has but so far my plea has fallen to semi-deaf ears :(

Regards,

Prithwijit

Vaibhav, you and Prithwijit convinced me to order several pens from ASA, and I look forward to posting news about them when they arrive in the USA!

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Just inked up my black Ranga 4 with Noodler's Heart of Darkness and my Ahab demo with Noodler's Prince Philip Requiem. It's going to be a great week... I can feel it!

post-124844-0-49018400-1458423908_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The pen in rotation today is Oliver F27 with Schmidt Medium Nib inked with mix of Chelpark Emerald Green and Chelpark Black.

And inspiration for today comes from one of the great scientist and 11th President of India, APJ Abdul Kalam

123.jpg?w=1000

img_20160329_110213.jpg?w=1000

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

using ASA Daily for my daily writing. I think its been a month now since I first wrote with it and now its my daily carry pen.

I used my Asa galactic with diamine steel blue to make some note taking more interesting today. Seems a popular pen in this thread. Please ignore my handwriting!post-128838-0-14901100-1459291313_thumb.jpg