What Indian Pens Are You Using Today?

VillersCotterets

Gama Supreme flat top, green swirl. Goulet Broad nib and Waterman Harmonious Green ink.

fpn_1452741871__gamasupreme.jpg

I wish they had the Gama in a Jr. size for smaller hands. I have a Treveni Jr. Ebonite and love that pen.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mhguda

• hari317

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish they had the Gama in a Jr. size for smaller hands. I have a Treveni Jr. Ebonite and love that pen.

there is Gama Airborne and Gama Popular... amazing pens... regular size

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

I am using , GUIDER ACRYLIC ED with home grind broad italic nib and inked with Krishna Ghat Green Ink....

fpn_1454500309__img_20160203_164138-01.j

fpn_1454499868__img_20160203_164058-01.j

fpn_1454500456__img_20160203_164106-01.j

vaibhav mehandiratta

I am using , GUIDER ACRYLIC ED with home grind broad italic nib and inked with Krishna Ghat Green Ink....

fpn_1454500309__img_20160203_164138-01.j

fpn_1454499868__img_20160203_164058-01.j

fpn_1454500456__img_20160203_164106-01.j

That sure catches my eyes! Lovely green acrylic. I can see that pen in my right hand, inked with Chesterfield Emerald (wow)

there is Gama Airborne and Gama Popular... amazing pens... regular size

I see the Gama Popular. Unfortunately it is currently out of stock. I don't see the Gama Airborne listed. A few days ago I ordered the Treveni Jr acrylic - Giraffe. Am waiting for that to arrive.

I see the Gama Popular. Unfortunately it is currently out of stock. I don't see the Gama Airborne listed. A few days ago I ordered the Treveni Jr acrylic - Giraffe. Am waiting for that to arrive.

Where have you ordered this from...

vaibhav mehandiratta

Where have you ordered this from...

I order the Treveni Jr. Acrylic from Fountain Pen Revolution. Ordered with a 1.0 stub.

A big "event" for me today.

This fella arrived on Saturday, earlier than expected. :thumbup:

fpn_1454948360__rainbow_5.jpg

fpn_1454948398__rainbow_3.jpg

fpn_1454948433__rainbow_1.jpg

It is brilliant.

Many thanks to both Vaibhav (for showing the pen in the first place) and to Mr S.( for making such a wonderful pen)

This is my first Indian pen, but I don't think it will be the last. :D

Ian

My Indian pen and ink combination today is the Fosfor Heather made with Conway Stewart Heather material, silver trims and Bock 250 Titanium nib. The pen has been designed by your truly. Ink is Dayatone Blue Black.

Regards,

Prithwijit

post-125832-0-70322700-1454993118_thumb.jpg

post-125832-0-84163100-1454993288_thumb.jpg

Click here to check out my reviews

Fosfor Rajendran | ASA Santulan | Ranga Sugarcane | ASA Sniper | Fosfor Heather | ASA I-Will | Hero Glorious | ASA Azaadi | Fosfor Islander | ASA Halwa | ASA Macaw | ASA Namenlos | ASA Bheeshma

My Indian pen and ink combination today is the Fosfor Heather made with Conway Stewart Heather material, silver trims and Bock 250 Titanium nib. The pen has been designed by your truly. Ink is Dayatone Blue Black.

Regards,

Prithwijit

attachicon.gifIMG_20160202_104058.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160202_104120.jpg

I love this FP even more so than the pen you reviewed in December. Because of how I hold my pens, I do not like sharp steps on a pen barrel/section. Really like the clip and fittings. I also love the cap top design. You've got another winner. I would love to have this design made for my next Indian pen. So far I have 2, and I am seriously contemplating my 3rd one very, very soon. I'm currently looking at the ASA Rainbow 3-in-1 Acrylic or a Ranga Eye Dropper Acrylic. I prefer 1.1 stubs, so on the ASA I can exchange the #6 nib with a Goulet stub. For sure this pen has my interest!!!

Edited by Helen350

I love this FP even more so than the pen you reviewed in December. Because of how I hold my pens, I do not like sharp steps on a pen barrel/section. Really like the clip and fittings. I also love the cap top design. You've got another winner. I would love to have this design made for my next Indian pen.

I agree! A great design. I also like the section. The trim looks really pretty. I wonder if they made the clip and cap rings, too?

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

Oh Wow :puddle: That's just beautiful. A lot of effort must have gone into it. How does it write . A writing sample please

I agree! A great design. I also like the section. The trim looks really pretty. I wonder if they made the clip and cap rings, too?

Thank you Rohit and Akustyk for your encouragement. I just received the pen this Monday and have just started using it. Please give me a month or so to provide an honest unbiased review. I fully intend to review it properly just like I have done a few others.

The clip, rings and the trim are all made of solid sterling silver and should oxidize equally well to match with the Titanium nib colour.

So far the nib has been a delight to write with.

Regards,

Chaki

Fosfor Rajendran | ASA Santulan | Ranga Sugarcane | ASA Sniper | Fosfor Heather | ASA I-Will | Hero Glorious | ASA Azaadi | Fosfor Islander | ASA Halwa | ASA Macaw | ASA Namenlos | ASA Bheeshma

I love this FP even more so than the pen you reviewed in December. Because of how I hold my pens, I do not like sharp steps on a pen barrel/section. Really like the clip and fittings. I also love the cap top design. You've got another winner. I would love to have this design made for my next Indian pen. So far I have 2, and I am seriously contemplating my 3rd one very, very soon. I'm currently looking at the ASA Rainbow 3-in-1 Acrylic or a Ranga Eye Dropper Acrylic. I prefer 1.1 stubs, so on the ASA I can exchange the #6 nib with a Goulet stub. For sure this pen has my interest!!!

Hi Helen,

I had reviewed Azaadi and Islander in December so I am not sure which one you are referring to. All three pens (Islander, Azaadi and Heather) have pretty long sections or 20mm-25mm each and I would be very very surprised if the step were to pose any challenge whatsoever.

For 1.1 stub, you don't need to do an aftermarket job and instead directly order a 1.1 Jowo nib from ASA. Its the same OEM which Goulet uses for their nibs. Instead of a Rainbow which is a small pen, may I humbly suggest that you try out an Azaadi with a 1.1 stub nib.

Regards,

Prithwijit

Hi Helen,

I had reviewed Azaadi and Islander in December so I am not sure which one you are referring to. All three pens (Islander, Azaadi and Heather) have pretty long sections or 20mm-25mm each and I would be very very surprised if the step were to pose any challenge whatsoever.

For 1.1 stub, you don't need to do an aftermarket job and instead directly order a 1.1 Jowo nib from ASA. Its the same OEM which Goulet uses for their nibs. Instead of a Rainbow which is a small pen, may I humbly suggest that you try out an Azaadi with a 1.1 stub nib.

Regards,

Prithwijit

It was the Islander review I read very early this morning. I also checked out the ASA Genius ebonite, and that stopped me from purchasing the Rainbow. I sent an email to Mr. Subramaniam regarding a JOWO section with converter, and a 1.1 stub for the ASA Genius. I am waiting to hear what that additional cost will be. I found I love the look of the shiny black ebonite pen, though I already have two ebonites (Noodler's & Treveni, Jr). My hands are small (being only 5 ft. tall), so pens too long are a bit much. The girth of the Jinhao X750 & X450 section have proven to be very comfortable for me, allowing me to write for a protracted period of time. I will go back and look at the Azaadi.

Edited by Helen350