What Indian Pens Are You Using Today?

VillersCotterets

so the pic posted was not the actual pic of your pen?

It will be interesting to see how the very good copy fares when kept side by side with the original.

Perhaps, but I am not willing to send it to you for you to try.

And I am not now or in the foreseeable future planning on acquiring an original.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mhguda

• hari317

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This might be a bit off topic, but here goes. I have an Eversharp CA Ballpoint pen. I converted it to use a Stick Pen (Jot brand) ink tube. The stick pen is made in India (better quality I think). So am I using an Indian Pen?

This might be a bit off topic, but here goes. I have an Eversharp CA Ballpoint pen. I converted it to use a Stick Pen (Jot brand) ink tube. The stick pen is made in India (better quality I think). So am I using an Indian Pen?

Staying off topic, how did you do the conversion, and can you post a photo or two? I'd love to get my CA working attain, but I don't want to hack it about too much!

It was very easy. I unscrewed the old tube & point from the inside using a bit of rubberized shelf liner and pliers.Make sure you unscrew it clockwise from the inside.

The tube and ball unit are inserted from the front. Take apart a BIC Crystal, cut it the same length as the original tube (otherwise it will be too long), wrap a little clear tape behind the ball point, and insert it so the whole thing fits nice and snug.

Done!

I hope that helps!

Doug

Edited by Zookie

Perhaps, but I am not willing to send it to you for you to try.

And I am not now or in the foreseeable future planning on acquiring an original.

I am not willing to try your pen either. :)

enjoy!

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

It was very easy. I unscrewed the old tube & point from the inside using a bit of rubberized shelf liner and pliers.Make sure you unscrew it clockwise from the inside.

The tube and ball unit are inserted from the front. Take apart a BIC Crystal, cut it the same length as the original tube (otherwise it will be too long), wrap a little clear tape behind the ball point, and insert it so the whole thing fits nice and snug.

Done!

attachicon.gifEversharp.jpeg

I hope that helps!

Doug

Doug, similar looking pens were made in India, perhaps under license, look here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/81695-clipper-air-flow/

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Done!

I hope that helps!

Doug

Wonderful - unlike the Binder mod (http://www.richardspens.com/?page=ref/repair/ca_mod.htm) it doesn't damage original parts so it's completely reversible.

Time to go out and buy a Bic refill!

This is a Wality Acrylic Eyedropper. F-nib, with some line variation. Fairly wet nib. Came with two nibs. Do not put this pen in rotation often. Discovered I'm not partial to eyedroppers. Purchased this pen about 5 yrs. ago.

looks really fab. Many pen makers in India use Wality nibs as they are easily available. I have not seen a Wality pen like your pen before, is it possible to post more pictures?

This is a Wality Acrylic Eyedropper. F-nib, with some line variation. Fairly wet nib. Came with two nibs. Do not put this pen in rotation often. Discovered I'm not partial to eyedroppers. Purchased this pen about 5 yrs. ago.

This is definitely not Wality. The hallmark of Wality / Airmail is that they always use their name on barrel and / or cap with the use of words Regd

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

looks really fab. Many pen makers in India use Wality nibs as they are easily available. I have not seen a Wality pen like your pen before, is it possible to post more pictures?

It appears that I have gotten the maker name incorrect. This is not a Wality. I purchased it direct from India from the website that sells the Wality pens. Learning new things daily, and appreciate the knowledge. I hope these pictures will give you a better idea of the pen. My next purchase needs to be a decent digital camera.

Snapshot_20141022.JPG

Snapshot_20141022_3.JPG

It appears that I have gotten the maker name incorrect. This is not a Wality. I purchased it direct from India from the website that sells the Wality pens. Learning new things daily, and appreciate the knowledge. I hope these pictures will give you a better idea of the pen. My next purchase needs to be a decent digital camera.

Your pictures are good. My guess is that the pen is a Ranga. enjoy!

Your pictures are good. My guess is that the pen is a Ranga. enjoy!

I also purchase my salwar kameez & sarees direct from India. Also, thanks for the clarification on the pen "Ranga".

Hi !

I just purchased a lot of BP pens for very little money as a project (Winter is coming), and need some help with them. One is a Camlin 123 brushed steel model, clicker .

I'm guessing maybe a Jotter refill?

A very elegant looking pen, but unfortunately, the previous owner removed the refill so I can't tell what type it uses. They've been removed from all the pens, so this will be an ongoing thing :(

Edited by Zookie

• 3 months later...

My FT Chandan pen today

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af39/hari3171/ManojDChandan/IMG_0283.jpg

this is an amazing pen...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Black bamboo extra fine nib by Ranga..and using

Akkerman #5 shocking blue ink..............................................

Fred

Fellowship Pillar, another Click pen really. And my Asapen Genius and I Can. That's the rotation this week. The Fellowship was a little bonus; I tuned the nib to a fine stub and am really enjoying it.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi