• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mhguda

• hari317

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice old man there is very helping( forgot his name) and really enjoying his work.

Mr. Krishna Murthy.

Today, I am using my Ratnamson SS in rippled brown with Noodler's Apache Sunset, but I do not only use it today, but every day. On many days, I also use my other two Ratnamson pens, the no. 12 with Noodler's Burgundy and the no. 15 with Rohrer & Klingner Blu Mare. Oh, and I am using my Serwex 77 TR with a flex nib and Pelikan Brillant Black every day.

I love my Indian pens very much; they are such a pleasure to write with! Very smooth and very wet; the only setback is that the nibs are too fine for the giant letters I produce when doing serious work. So it's mostly for corrections, annotations, and the flex nib for scribbling. It's more of a toy for me than a real pen, but it's my favourite toy.

P.S.: I forgot my Airmail 67T! It's inked with Rohrer & Klingner Blau permanent and it's the wettest of them all. So, there are five Indian pens I am always eager to use; but daily use is only true for the tiny Ratnamson and the Serwex

Edited by Strombomboli

Iris

My avatar is a painting by Ilya Mashkov (1881-1944): Self-Portrait; 1911, which I photographed in the New Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow.

Given what I paid for the Ratnamson pen with the gold nib, I dont really think it was worth it, to be honest. Their steel nibs offer better value, IMO.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

Writing with my new blue Dilli with a fine flex nib that I picked up at our pen club meeting after a presentation from Fountain Pen Revolution!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Green Dilli with flex nib yesterday. Lays down a nice fine line when not flexing and does a good job when flexing. I experienced a ton of railroading with Noodler's Konrad no matter how much I cleaned, scrubbed, tinkered with it and slowed down to let the feed keep up. I experienced just the slightest railroading with the Dilli - that I merely rinsed once. Could be the ink, though. So far Herbin's Bouquet D'Antan has not worked for me in any pen. But aide from the ink issue the Dilli was great to use. Bouquet D'Antan has great shading in flex nibs - and that's about the only way I can see that ink being used.

Clear demonstrator "Romus" today. (yes, the mysterious "Romus" that some identified as perhaps "Fellowship".) Holy wet noodle!

The clear demonstrator "Romus" was the 'get 2 for the price of 1" deal on ebay. Had only the chance to try one of the two - loaded with Herbin's Perle Noir. Wet line for sure and glides very effortlessly on Clairefontaine paper and Rhodia pad papers. The nib could be finer (even Clairefontaine paper wasn't much finer), but I am blown away by the pen itself. Very, very nice purchase! Very happy with it. Section could be a bit thicker for longtime writing, yet I had no issues writing several pages at once, held off on that purchase but am now very happy. It's a nice demonstrator that's skinny enough to put next to a daily planner knowing that one can write with it for a good long time and not lose a fortune should the pen meet unfortunate circumstances. Great every day writer!

I'm fairly new to the Indian fountain pens - but completely convinced that they make great daily writers for those in academic settings without having to worry about losing a pen. Also great for fast notetaking, the pen always kept up.

So far I've tried one Serwex school pen, a Camlin Cute, the Dilli and the two clear demonstrators that are marked as "Romus" on ebay - all amazing daily writers that would also make great gifts knowing a nice wet line can be expected.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb282/Borderlineescape/JournalandPelikanforFountainPenNetworkSiggie-1-1.jpg

"I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith."

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Today i have Mayur ink pen.

Material: Hard rubber (Capped length appx 4")

Nib: Irridium tiped Steel nib

Ink : Pelikan-Royal Blue

I got this one from an Old shop. Had to replace its nib.

It gives smooth , fine lines. Holds quite a good amount of Ink.

About Mayur pens:

It shows Mayur pens (Platinum Pens co.) Baroda(Gujarat)

Over all experience is good one.

Does anyone know anything about this pen maker? (I think the mark is actually Pratima Pen Co., not Platinum)

I picked up one of their ripple ebonite pens in a batch of old pens at our local flea market here in California, but I can't tell if the pen is old or new.

http://www.peytonstreet.com/pens/misc%20brands/mayur_india_flea_1.jpg

http://www.peytonstreet.com/pens/misc%20brands/mayur_india_flea_2.jpg

http://www.peytonstreet.com/pens/misc%20brands/mayur_india_flea_3.jpg

http://www.peytonstreet.com/pens/misc%20brands/mayur_india_flea_4.jpg

http://www.peytonstreet.com/pens/misc%20brands/mayur_india_flea_5.jpg

http://www.peytonstreet.com/pens/misc%20brands/mayur_india_flea_6.jpg

The pen is a really attractive eyedropper, in a very nice shape and size. I'd like to get more of these!

TERI

Mayur, Pratima, Pratap, all bygone pen names from a place called Vadodara today(old name Baroda). Baroda was a large ebonite rod manufacturing hub too. all that is gone too and so are the pen makers.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Mayur, Pratima, Pratap, all bygone pen names from a place called Vadodara today(old name Baroda). Baroda was a large ebonite rod manufacturing hub too. all that is gone too and so are the pen makers.

What a loss. That is a beautiful pen.

ron

Serwex 162, but not with the original nib. I wasn't very impressed with the Serwex nib, so I took it out and inserted a US made Smoothline nib that I had sculling wround in my bits box. Apart from the nob, the pen is satisfactory. I like the filling system: a piston, operated by turning the very top section of the body. (No need to unscrew the body of the pen.) I would have opted for the Serwex MB (metal body) but everyone seems to be sold out.

-----------------------------------------------------

"If Britain must ever choose between Europe and the open sea, she must always choose the open sea."

~ (Winston Churchill) ~

Experimenting with a Dilli---Great little pen! More fun than the other budget flex pens I have. I am a fan.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Very sad to hear ..... Any idea when they were making pens? I'd love to find some of those old rods ... And get them into the hands of my friends at Ranga.

Teri

:) your friends at Ranga know much more than I do.

Best

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

Thank You, any reference to stores that sell these pens?

I had provided you with mobile number some weeks back - if you look at your FPN inbox.

I buy from ebay, because these FPs are not available at my place. Those living in metros may refer to shops selling these. I understand that while Fellowship FPs may be easily available at local shops, the Ritter may not.

For example, at my place the only brand available is Camlin - however at times one may find Fellowships also.

If you see at my website at: http://indiapoint.net/archives/2013/05/26/review-schneider-base-fountain-pen/

in the images, where FPs are compared, the transparent one is Fellowship that I bought in my city.

Edited by a_m

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)