What Indian Pens Are You Using Today?

VillersCotterets

Not sure of the name of this Deccan but I enjoy this little one.

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n549/pelmanyaar/6C78AA16-ADEB-4B7A-BD90-DD5BCC7D33CA-1988-000002642618EEDE.jpg

http://www.ishafoundation.org/images/stories/inner/ie-logo.gif

Inner Engineering Link

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mhguda

• hari317

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fellowship Pillar with Lamy Green

Camlin Trinity with Camlin black(ish)

Camlin Elegant with Pharmacist turkish night

To my surprise, the Elegant is less smooth than the Trinity, in spite of being a fair bit more expensive.

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

Did you try smoothing the nib, and it is still not so smooth, or was this just out of the box, so to speak? I'm interested, because I've got one coming my way...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Did you try smoothing the nib, and it is still not so smooth, or was this just out of the box, so to speak? I'm interested, because I've got one coming my way...

I haven't tried smoothing either (having never gotten around to trying to find micromesh which I've been told is what all the cool kids use), however, I've gone through a number of tank fulls with the Trinity so it might have gotten smoother from paper abrasion without me realising it.

I most certainly have pens that are scratchier than the Elegant, I was just surprised that the cheaper of the two Camlins was smoother.

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

It may just be coincidence - misaligned tines? In which case it should not be too difficult to remedy. You could check the topic Five things that go wrong with new pens, pinned to the Writing Instruments forum. Very helpful. And if you must smooth the nib, the famous brown bag magic will likely be enough. Good luck!

Nope, already checked the tines. Again, it isn't bad, just not as good as its cheaper counterpart (although it does look better!). Anyway, there is typically some variety between different pens of the same model.

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

Got my Dilli and my Camlin Elegante today. Very impressed. Both equipped with the new stub nibs from Fountainpen revolution. A very nice writing experience.

Flushed them both, then filled with my - also new - Akkerman bekakt haags, a brown that looks suspiciously like Chesterfield mahogany... but, it comes in the famous Akkerman bottle, which is the main driver for wanting this ink, at least in my case and I suspect in many others', as well. A friend who went to Holland on vacation brought it back for me. :cloud9:.

i was using my Airmail 444 today. man, it was hard to start after 5 min or so of having it in my pocket nib up -sometimes even when sitting flat on the desk for a few min... and it was my fav indian pen! :hmm1: i have to admit i never took it for a walk in my pocket like that, so i had never had that issue before.

i still have my big size Wality that's working perfectly -just a lil too big for my liking.

I have three of the FPR Dillis that I really like, and have also been quite impressed with the Serwex pens that Kevin included with the order. After reading this thread I couldn't resist ordering a Ranga Duofold.

Camlin Trinity

Initial few days gave lots of skips - but running smooth after that

Very smooth writer. Does not seem to blot even on hot weather on low ink levels.

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

Camlin Elegante and FPR DIlli. And maybe my Noodler's Nib Creaper.

I've been using this lovely little Guider eyedropper today. No idea what model it is. :embarrassed_smile: Inked with Caran d'Ache Caribbean Sea. A great combination.

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

If the ink does justice to its name, that would be a beautifully appropriate combination!

That pen really reminds me of the blue Caribbean...

+1 on the FPR Dilli. I flushed and inked my new one over the weekend, and gave it a bit of nib alignment. It's a delightful writer, with a smooth-running piston and no apparent vices.

ron

Here it is an array of Serwex 962:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8104/8659438307_14f7379902.jpg

• a green one with R&K verdigris
  • a blue one with R&K königsblau
  • a red one with R&K alt-bordeaux
  • a black one with R&K leipziger schwarz

Very good everyday writers

Sergio

Edited by ser.rep

Fatti non foste a viver come bruti ma per seguire virtude e canoscenza

--
(Dante Alighieri - Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI)

• 2 weeks later...