What Indian Pens Are You Using Today?

VillersCotterets

Stic Mickey Mouse Pen . The pen comes with an attached syringe filler (not removable). The steel nib writes with fine-medium line widthness.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/sajiskumar/P1000754.jpg

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/sajiskumar/P1000755.jpg

Cruiser - Metal pen with C/C filling system and two tone steel nib. Writes fine line width with some feedback.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/sajiskumar/P1000752.jpghttp://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/sajiskumar/P1000753.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mhguda

• hari317

• Helen350

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello, is there anyone who has used the romus demonstrator piston filler? I have found a link in ebay

ebay link

Please do not buy these pens yet. I have ordered them just a couple of days ago. I'll let you know what they are like.

I can't believe he is asking for USD 500!!!!!! On the Indian site, they are available for a fraction of the price.

Inglourious Basterds...

This is the vendor from whom I bought my Romus pens late last year.

See my brief evaluation of them in a earlier post.

I've actually just put in another order so that I can give a couple away as gifts.

You will love the SD too. Camlin have made an excellent pen with the Elegante.

Indeed they have. Inked the second Camlin yesterday, as I need a second bright green (Waterman Green in this one). Equally smooth writer with just the right ink flow.

Camlin have a winner with this pen - and thank you for posting the link to the StationeryNew website, which let me get these pens.

Edited by de_pen_dent

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

I HAD. To open this thread, didn't I. Well, at least my first order was small: one pen, one ink.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I just reinked my Serwex 362. Although cheap and cheap looking, it writes remarkably well. One issue is that I need to prime it when I haven't used it for a few hours, which I can't recall having to do in the past. Probably because I used another ink last time.

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

A little off-topic because I haven't actually inked it yet, but I just received a Partima Baroda pen via eBay. It's a beautiful swirled green/black ebonite body with a steel cap and a gold-washed (I assume) nib. The workmanship looks excellent.

Is this another famous Indian manufacturer that I've never heard of? Does anyone have information on them?

Thanks. I'll report in on the pen as soon as I can squeeze it into the rotation.

ron

A little off-topic because I haven't actually inked it yet, but I just received a Partima Baroda pen via eBay. It's a beautiful swirled green/black ebonite body with a steel cap and a gold-washed (I assume) nib. The workmanship looks excellent.

Is this another famous Indian manufacturer that I've never heard of? Does anyone have information on them?

Thanks. I'll report in on the pen as soon as I can squeeze it into the rotation.

ron

Is it Pratima Baroda? Baroda aka Vadodara was also an ebonite pen making hub. Pratap pens was famous from there.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Hello, is there anyone who has used the romus demonstrator piston filler? I have found a link in ebay

ebay link

Please do not buy these pens yet. I have ordered them just a couple of days ago. I'll let you know what they are like.

I got my pens yesterday. Extra-fine consistent line. As smooth as you can expect an extra-fine nib to be. Starts up consistently.

I got 2 for about US$ 5 on Ebay India. I think the price on Ebay USA/UK is a bit higher. However, I recommend the seller "sundaystreets" who has listed the item. I've bought a few pens from him before. No affiliation, etc. etc.

Inglourious Basterds...

A Pierre Cardin Masterpiece fountain pen. Its a Montblanc-esque clone.

Pretty well made, and cost around INR 300 (USD 6) shipped.

It would be a good idea also to provide some (unaffiliated) sources in this topic where members can procure the pens.

I bought mine from Hindglobal.in, but they have now priced it at INR 400. Also available on Flipkart for INR 500. I'm sure Flipkart does not ship outside India, but not sure about Hindglobal.

http://imageshack.us/a/img145/8404/20130308112037.th.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img248/2142/20130308112014.th.jpg

Inglourious Basterds...

I am curious about this pen. can you post closeups of the nib and feed pls?

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Check your email in a bit.

Inglourious Basterds...

Check your email in a bit.

recd, thanks! :)

I'm sure Flipkart does not ship outside India, but not sure about Hindglobal.

I had a look at their website and according to their faq:

We are registered with Director General of Foreign trade, India and are authorised to deal in goods outside the geographical territory of India. We currently deliver to any location outside India. However, that would be only for Watches, Jewellery and Astro items due to export restrictions. If you have liked a product and want it delivered to you outside India, Pls email us at customercare@hindglobal.in to update you with the shipping charges.

Which sounds like a slightly qualified no.

Incidentally, while I understand the cultural and historical reasons for it, I was still a bit shocked when browsing what they had for sale and came upon a swastika...

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

Incidentally, while I understand the cultural and historical reasons for it, I was still a bit shocked when browsing what they had for sale and came upon a swastika...

Don't worry abot the Swastika. It is a centuries old religious/cultural symbol in India.

I did some Wikipedia diving on this a while ago.

From Wikipedia's Article on Swastika

The swastika (卐) (Sanskrit: स्वस्तिक) is an equilateral cross with four arms bent at 90 degrees. The earliest archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates back to the Indus Valley Civilization, Ancient India as well as Classical Antiquity. Swastikas have also been used in various other ancient civilizations around the world. It remains widely used in Indian religions, specifically in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, primarily as a tantric symbol to evoke shakti or the sacred symbol of auspiciousness. The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" meaning "good" or "auspicious," "asti" meaning "to be," and "ka" as a suffix. The swastika literally means "to be good". Or another translation can be made: "swa" is "higher self", "asti" meaning "being", and "ka" as a suffix, so the translation can be interpreted as "being with higher self".

In East Asia, the swastika is a Chinese character, defined by Kangxi Dictionary, published in 1716, as "synonym of myriad, used mostly in Buddhist classic texts",[1] by extension, the word later evolved to represent eternity and Buddhism.

The symbol has a long history in Europe reaching back to antiquity. In modern times, following a brief surge of popularity as a good luck symbol in Western culture, a swastika was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920, who used the swastika as a symbol of the Aryan race. After Adolf Hitler came to power in 1933, a right-facing and rotated swastika was incorporated into the Nazi party flag, which was made the state flag of Germany during Nazism. Hence, the swastika has become strongly associated with Nazism and related ideologies such as fascism and white supremacism in the Western world, and is now largely stigmatized there due to the changed connotations of the symbol. Notably, it has been outlawed in Germany and other countries if used as a symbol of Nazism. Many modern political extremists and Neo-Nazi groups such as the Russian National Unity use stylized swastikas or similar symbols.

Inglourious Basterds...

Don't worry abot the Swastika. It is a centuries old religious/cultural symbol in India.

Oh, I was aware of that. Doesn't stop me from reacting that way though.

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

Oh, I was aware of that. Doesn't stop me from reacting that way though.

I understand. Believe it or not, Herr Hitler is the first thing I think of whenever I see that symbol. And I have lived in India my entire life.

Inglourious Basterds...

• 3 weeks later...

I've got my eye on one of the Guider Maralas -- does any of you have one? Also, I'd love a vintage Ranga, large but not huge.

Tim

Guider Marala is a well-designed ebonite pen. But you may have to tweak the nib and re-adjust the feeder a bit sometimes. The Guider acrylics aren't bad either. Do pick up a Ratnamson 302 (a personal favourite). Quite a big-sized and fine writer, especially with a Medium nib.

I have two Guiders - the Cortege, a bit more slender, but a fairly long pen, and the Marala - a big pen for me. The Cortege was wonderful right off the bat - I took the flex option, via Fountainpenrevolution, and it gets better every day. The Marala was a bit of a disappointment to begin with - it, too, I had equipped with the FPR flex nib, and the feed just couldn't keep up. I worked with Kevin on that, but in the end must have ruined the feed, because it then became a real gusher. In the end Kevin sent me a new feed, and I tried it with an italic nib I had lying around (reground, by another FPN member, for another pen - a Jinhao) and that worked out fantastic. It's a very handsome pen, and while it is big (so I don't post it) it is relatively lightweight, a pleasure to write with.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi