Two-Month Delay For The Twsbi Vac 700

Carlos

TWSBI's facebook account announced that there will be a two month delay in the release of the much-awaited pen.

Here is what it says:

"During mass production we found small amount of grip has developed cracking after the enclosure cap plug into the back end of the grip. To prevent any possible cracking of all grip in the future we decide to modify grip design to combine these two parts into one (grip and enclosure cap into one piece). We have to remake half of the grip tooling, then mold new parts... We feel sorry about this is happening, but still we better fix it before making any delivery."

Too bad, but it is definitely for the best.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fabrimedeiros

• radellaf

• imahawki

• Jimmy James

As this pen is not meant to be user serviceable, they really have to fix this in this manner. I am really bummed to have to wait longer, but I support TWSBI and do have to comment that they have been quite transparent about all of this. It's not every day you get this level of detail about a problem that causes a delay.

I really do want my Vac like yesterday though. :(

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

Oh darn. :crybaby:

I guess although I'm a little sad at the news, it has also made my wallet happier :roflmho:

[url="http://i-think-ink.tumblr.com/"]thINK[/url]: my pen & paper blog :)

As stated above, this pen, at least from all info I have gathered is not meant to be user serviceable. With that being said, given TWSBIs known issues in the past with cracking sections, caps, etc. this pen will not be on my list of pens to purchase.

Still on my list, sorry to hear of the delay but

at least I know. Just got in a new 823 too that is fulfilling my plunger filler fun quota.

Great update, and good for them again trying to maintain quality up front. We can use other pens while we wait. :thumbup:

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

I... I need to not cheat on her... If I have to wait two more months for you, Vac baby dear, how can I keep myself true? Would you think me a lush if I dipped others in new inks? Would you think me a player if I picked up another, even if she was a Waterman? I just don't think I can wait another two months without a... a new beauty. Forgive me now, Vac, but I'll be there for you in May!

Oh no! :(

:eureka: no problem for me if twsbi send me the current Vac 700 until the final version will be released.

I am not in a hurry. Let Twsbi sort out its production line. It's normal to see such a glitch in manufacturing a new model. I would rather have a delayed introduction than an inferior defective product for the sake of making it for a launch date.

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

Can we also thank TWSBI for a degree of honesty in their reporting that shames many modern manufacturers?

+1

I am not in a hurry. Let Twsbi sort out its production line. It's normal to see such a glitch in manufacturing a new model. I would rather have a delayed introduction than an inferior defective product for the sake of making it for a launch date.

:thumbup: Agree!

Still on my list, sorry to hear of the delay but

at least I know. Just got in a new 823 too that is fulfilling my plunger filler fun quota.

+1 The 823 is amazing. I am glad that TWSBI is into QC and informing us all of why there is a delay. I look forward to the release when it comes.

Can we also thank TWSBI for a degree of honesty in their reporting that shames many modern manufacturers?

+1

+2. I've got two of the 540's and have been waiting for the Vac but I'm happy to wait for the best possible product and appreciate the level of customer service/communication TWSBI gives to their customers.

Jackie

I'm starting to wonder... lots of people reporting 540's cracking at various bits. mine has cracks in the cap. my 1st 540 was fantastic, my second, not so.. now problems with the vac700 plastics..

I think there is a bigger issue here which they don't seem to be fixing the underlying problems.

-- Stu -- Life in the Blue Ridge of VA is awesome! --

So sad. I was hoping this would be here in time for my birthday at the end of next month. I guess I can wait until later once the production problems get fixed.