Jinhao X750 Nib Replacement?

CountryDoc

I just bought a Jinhao X750 off of ebay. It was only available in medium and broad, so I went with medium. Thanks to another poster, I removed the breather tube that was blocking good ink flow. The medium nib lays down too wide a line for my needs. Are there any domestic nibs you can recommend that will fit this pen that are available in fine or extra-fine? It's a large nib, but I don't know a lot about standardized nib sizes, or if the Chinese follow those standards.

Thanks!

Tim

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KBeezie

• Lamyrada

• Oldtimer

• kharrisma

The knox nibs from xfountainpen fit this pen. There's a thread about it somewhere.

I bought an X750 from them with a med. Knox installed, It's nice, and on the finer (.5 mm)

end of medium. I think you will need tools to get the old nib out, mine won't budge.

The Knox K35 nibs fit perfectly. You pull straight out the X750 nib/feed. I didn't need any tool to remove them.

If it's too tight, just lightly twist it a little then pull it out. I got a pack of 3 Knox K35 nibs (EF, F and M) from xfountainpens.com. I haven't tried the 'M', but the 'F' is finer than X750's 'M'.

I used a bit of bicycle tire inner tube to grip the nib on my X750 and it pulled right out. I'm very happy to see that the nibs can be changed on these pens. I have a dozen Jinhao's and they're all fine nibbed. In fact, I bought this x750 off eBay because the description said it was broad. I guess it referred to the body rather than the nib. I hope I can find a really broad nib for it.

Don't you wish we could use our pens to write on the Fountain Pen Network Fora?

See this thread

I am trying to convince the moderators to create a sticky with a list of possible nib substitutions.

Edited by VillersCotterets

• 1 year later...

Hope this thread isn't too dead to revive....

I'm using a Goulet 1.1mm nib on mine, and it (mostly) works fine. It has occasional no-start episodes; I'm trying to find out what the feed is made of (thermoplastic, ebonite, whatever) to see if I can heat-seat the nib into better contact with it. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the answer!

• 7 months later...

See this thread

I am trying to convince the moderators to create a sticky with a list of possible nib substitutions.

I don't know har far this went, but boy, do I need that information!!!!

Did they?

• 1 month later...

i fit a No. 6 Stiff nib from Goulet ($2) but had to file it a little on the sides at the top for it to go IN properly. t' writes a VF line that is perfect for me; I also wanted a fine nib. i sometimes fit a Goulet's 1.1mm stub to it.

Edited by Oldtimer

i fit a No. 6 Stiff nib from Goulet ($2) but had to file it a little on the sides at the top for it to go IN properly. t' writes a VF line that is perfect for me; I also wanted a fine nib. i sometimes fit a Goulet's 1.1mm stub to it.

The $2 nib is Noodler's and they're only designed to go in the Ahab/Konrad pens which is why you have some difficulties getting it in.

The knox will be. I eventually removed it because the nib was too long and touched the cap. One of them was bent by the cap, the other was almost there after filing but was not a very safe distance.

The Goulet #6 nibs work perfectly. I have swapped out the nibs on both my Jinhao x450 and Junhao x750 for the Goulet fines.

The $2 nib is Noodler's and they're only designed to go in the Ahab/Konrad pens which is why you have some difficulties getting it in.

I knew that, but... By the time they arrived i had destroyed the Ahab consumed by frustration and anger at the pen, so i looked for a way to use them. Now i have the Knox F installed but like the Nemosine better. The Nemosine sent by mistake was in a bix that said M, but on magnification, it said F on the nib. So, for me, Nemosine is better than Knox! Surprisingly. Edited by Lamyrada

• 2 months later...

How about the 605? Which replacement nib is this pen able to take?

If it's like the multitude of Baoer pens out there, it's most likely going to be a Jowo-shape #5. Not too many of those are around retail, but you can get them at places like fountain pen revolution (India), or Franklin-Christoph (which includes #5s customized by Masuyama).

• 2 years later...

I've tried a Bock #6 nib in both an X450 and an X750. For no reason I could work out it didn't like being in the 450 so much but does a fine (as opposed to bad) job in the 750. This particular one is a Medium LH design as I'm a leftie - but I can't see or feel any significant difference between it and ordinary Medium nibs. Like any other nib, if the buds are well shaped and spaced, you get a decent line. And without - you don't.

The Bock nibs are supplied with a sub assembly of screw-in mount and a feeder to fit it. I've only used the nib itself in my pens - with the original Jinhao feeds. Using Diamine inks - most of these are fine, but their Bilberry (DeepDeepVioletBlue) and Onyx Black (very black indeed) are both truly excellent inks - flow well and don't dry the nib any worse than other inks do.

So I've got another three Bock nibs on the way from Spean Bridge - a #5 and two @ size #6; the latter - one medium and one broad. I can't find any Jinghao sellers who include a Broad nib as an option as original equipment, nor as standard fitment to their stock pens. The 159 sometimes comes with a Broad nib - but not, it seems from any UK sellers - only Chinese/HongKong sources. And waiting for things to arrive from mainland china - I'm too old to wait!

Anyone in the UK curious to try different nibs might do well to take a look at Beaufort Inks' website. A useful site, with interesting stuff on sale - including for their primary market, bespoke pen makers. The nibs I've ordered cost an average of roughly £9.50 each.