Novel Positive Displacement Filling System

fountainbel

Just wondering whether anyone has received their pen yet. I would love to hear what they think of this beautiful pen. Thanks!

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• raging.dragon

• hari317

• FLJeepGuy

Just wondering whether anyone has received their pen yet. I would love to hear what they think of this beautiful pen. Thanks!

Hi fuchsiaprincess,

Unfortunately BOCK announced a delay in delivery of the nibs

Consequenltly delivery of the FPR series " demonstrator bulk fillers" is postponed till early June.

Sorry fo that,

Francis

Hopefully the FPNers that are lucky enough to get one will be doing comprehensive reviews for us all to read on here.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Hi fuchsiaprincess,

Consequenltly delivery of the FPR series " demonstrator bulk fillers" is postponed till early June.

Sorry fo that,

Francis

Thank you, Francis! I shall await the posting of reviews. Please let us know when broad/stub nibs are available.

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

Sorry fo that,

Francis

Francis, would it be a better strategy for small volume pen makers to order a BB nib from Bock in their minimum order quantity and then individually grind the nib finer as per customer requirement. This way you can satisfy all types of nib widths requirements. ?

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Just stumbled across this, it is awesome! Not something I can see myself affording in the near future but still really interesting. I have a bit of a fasination with unusual filling systems and would like to have a go at making some of my own designs in the near future.

James

Rotring core, Pelikan Pelikano School, Ohto tasche, Parker frontier, Duke carbon fibre, Hero 3266, Duke 962, Baoer 508, Parker 25, Parker Arrow

I love it! The one thing that I don't get is the ink capacity---when using dizzypen's method for filling Vac fillers (like the Pilot Custom 823), you can get the barrel every bit as full as with the bulk filler. IK that it is much better than a piston filling system, but I don't see the advantage when compared to a vac filler.

Marshall

I think one of the advantages is that you're sure to get a complete fill the first time, every time, without any fiddling around with the filler or fill methods. I would assume the actual time to fill would be very quick with minimal mess. I'm hoping one of these pens makes its way to my collection eventually!

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7

Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray

Wow...practically the FP equivalent of Omega's Co-Axial watch movement. Regrettably, I won't be in a position to procure one of these, but i see you having no problem in selling out the initial run...or a second or third, for that matter!

- Barrett

I love it! The one thing that I don't get is the ink capacity---when using dizzypen's method for filling Vac fillers (like the Pilot Custom 823), you can get the barrel every bit as full as with the bulk filler. IK that it is much better than a piston filling system, but I don't see the advantage when compared to a vac filler.

Marshall

Hi Marshall,

-Contrary to the rod seals on plunger fillers, the rod O rings are "static" during filling and emptying the pen.

Meaning there are no risks for "back-up" pressure build up behind the piston when pulling the plunger out.

Hence the risks for leakage over the rod seals over time are extremely low.

-A full fill occurs in one “positive displacement” pulling stroke, just like a syringe.

Francis