• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• raging.dragon

• hari317

• FLJeepGuy

simply outstanding :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I am constantly amazed at the efforts people go to to invent new filler systems.

Amazed probably because I rarely have a "ran out of ink at the wrong time" issue or the "my FP doesn't hold enough ink" issue.

The standard pistol converter works just fine for me all the time.

Now you're scaring me, Glenn. Since when did they come out with pistol converters for pens?

:yikes:

(just messin' with you)

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Wow! Simply amazing. Amazing simple (once you know how it's done).

John

Francis, there must be a mistake in your original post - I didn't see the "ORDER NOW" button. Please edit to correct this glaring omission, so we may begin to order. :)

It is great to see what you've been talking around for so many months. It must have driven you half crazy to have known all these details but not been able to say anything. I am looking forward to the production models. :thumbup:

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Very cool, Francis.....

I didn't even know I needed one of these until seeing this....

Best of luck!

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

I personally don't care about capacity, but I do like built in fillers

Great design, hope to be able to afford a custom

Congratulations, Francis! Surely a great new kind of filling mechanism you've invented. Pen history has to be rewritten! :thumbup:

Klaus

I'm happy you can finally talk about the pen! it's quite an amazing leap forward, and all fountain pens should be filled this way. Out of all the many types I've tried, this is by far the best, cleanest, easiest and largest capacity.

The large capacity also makes cleaning/flushing very easy. You can really jet some water through the nib/feed with as much force as you want, unlike the usual limp levers or infinite twists of a 149.

Also it has been safe in all the environments I've subjected it to, in the mountains (winding roads going up more than 2km altitude) in a plane. It's a very safe and reliable pen.

Beautifully over-engineered, and solid. I also have the luxury of a flex nib on mine, which makes the best of the old world and the new one!

Huge applause for Francis and his very patient wife!

you can never get it wrong, because you can never get it done!

Francis,

The filling mechanism is so obviously simple it is elegant and beautiful. Thank you for coming up with this mechanism. It is people like you that advance knowledge in general. I cannot wait to get one (if SWMBO allows it notworthy1.gif).

I have already sent an email asking about details for reserving a pen with the plunger filler (the button filler looks really cool as well).

http://www.nerdtests.com/images/ft/nq/9df5e10593.gif

-- Avatar Courtesy of Brian Goulet of Goulet Pens (thank you for allowing people to use the logo Brian!) --

Francis,

The filling mechanism is so obviously simple it is elegant and beautiful. Thank you for coming up with this mechanism. It is people like you that advance knowledge in general. I cannot wait to get one (if SWMBO allows it notworthy1.gif).

I have already sent an email asking about details for reserving a pen with the plunger filler (the button filler looks really cool as well).

Thanks dgturner!

BTW, what does "SWMBO" means??

Francis

SWMBO - She Who Must Be Obeyed, aka SO significant other, aka GLW good lady wife, aka Ministry of War and Finance

Greetings,

Michael

SWMBO - She Who Must Be Obeyed, aka SO significant other, aka GLW good lady wife, aka Ministry of War and Finance

Ahhhhh....., now I understand, thanks or your clarification mirosc !

I always thought US men were still in charge, but it looks they are no better off as in Europe !

Francis

This is an interesting advancement of a piston filler. I had always wondered what to do with the piston shaft when it was drawn up with ink, and this solves it wonderfully.

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.

Blaise Pascal

fpn_1336709688__pen_01.jpg

Tell me about any of your new pens and help with fountain pen quality control research!