In Praise Of Quinkflow

Batman

Parker finally got it right, I try to use a fountain pen whenever I can but sometimes it's just not practical, a rollerball always bleeds through paper and I'm just not a gel pen person. The new quinkflow refills write a lot smoother than the original ones, I assume they changed the ink formula? I think I heard someone say they use papermate lubriglide ink or something. But if you ever find these at your local stationary shop I would recommend them.

Thanks

Brad

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Batman

• Paul Raposo

• rminj

• ThirdeYe

Parker finally got it right, I try to use a fountain pen whenever I can but sometimes it's just not practical, a rollerball always bleeds through paper and I'm just not a gel pen person. The new quinkflow refills write a lot smoother than the original ones, I assume they changed the ink formula? I think I heard someone say they use papermate lubriglide ink or something. But if you ever find these at your local stationary shop I would recommend them.

Thanks

Brad

I've been waiting for these to appear locally since last year. Stylo in Montreal has them, but I'm not ready to pay for the shipping. I'm hoping Staples gets them soon.

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.

--William Makepeace Thackeray

Visit my blog to see the pens I have for sale

Paul's Pens

I bought one in fine on Saturday for my Jotter. It is THE BEST ballpoint refill I have ever used. (although I have not used Visconti refills yet)

Yes I confess, I am still using my Jotter

Thanks

Brad

I've been waiting for these to appear locally since last year. Stylo in Montreal has them, but I'm not ready to pay for the shipping. I'm hoping Staples gets them soon.

That's odd I live in Richmond Hill and my local Staples carries it. There's no point in ordering it unless you're buying in bulk.

That's odd I live in Richmond Hill and my local Staples carries it. There's no point in ordering it unless you're buying in bulk.

I'll have to stop by my local Staples on Monday and ask if they can get some in.

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.

Paul's Pens

Staples here has them as well. I might give one a try. I hope it doesn't glob like PaperMate InkJoy and Bic EasyGlide does.

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

Staples here has them as well. I might give one a try. I hope it doesn't glob like PaperMate InkJoy and Bic EasyGlide does.

It doesn't, the ink is less viscous so it takes less effort to put a nice line down and no glob thus far.

Brad

Stopped by the local Staples, and they did have these--lined up behind the regular Quink cartridges. What impresses me so far is a quick start, and no skipping. But the medium line seems finer than the regular cart medium.

Paul's Pens

It is THE BEST ballpoint refill I have ever used. (although I have not used Visconti refills yet)

+1. I prefer gel refills but these are the smoothest BP refills that I have tried. Montblanc B is also nice but not as much as Quinkflows.

Regards,

Verba volant, littera scripta manet.

• 7 months later...

Staples (Canada) has the Jotter on sale this week.

I picked up a couple of them with the intent of using the body of one with a Fisher refill in the car.

When I took the Parker refill out of the pen, I discovered that the Jotter is now shipping with the QuinkFlow refill installed.

I've been wanting to try one of these for quite some time, so I took the Gel refill out of my SS Jotter and put the QuinkFlow refill in it instead.

It's a very smooth writing pen now.

In Ottawa, Ontario? Check out The Ottawa Pen Posse

I bought a jotter in Office Max this week and it contains a M Quinkflow. Nice writer but it is not a M much more like a fine!

Yes, I'm finding the blue Quinkflow faint and very fine. Plus in the US they have stop marketing the Broad (regular nonflow

Quink) refills. Just about any other refill I have puts down a darker blue line.

I've been using a Parker Gel in my Pelikan 800 BP, now you've convinced me to try the Quinkflow. Off to Staples to see if they have them!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I bought two refills, one is a black fine and the other a blue medium. I haven't used the black fine much, but it worked good when I did use it. I've mainly been using the blue medium in my Jotter that I use at work, and it's been fantastic. I didn't notice it writing fine, as others have suggested. To me it seems like a medium ballpoint line width, but it's very smooth and consistent. I like it that it doesn't require all that much pressure. I have one nit-pick, and that is if you let it sit for a day or two without being used, some ink builds up on the tip and creates a small blob of ink when you first start writing. Once you get going though, I love it. One of the best ballpoints I've used.

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

Yep. I've been using the Quinkflow refills for a while now and they are, hands down, the best I've ever seen. I'm pleased to hear Parker is putting them into their mainstream refill supply.

Mike Kirk

(~==]=====]]

Penfindum Restorum

Memberhttp://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/mikelkirk99/Pen%20Misc/bps_pin_2013_zps75ed3895.png http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/mikelkirk99/Pen%20Misc/pca_logo100x100_zps688ac2a8.png

Bought the new quinkflow type lastbweekend in the uk for £3.95. Cant tell any difference from the old type. :crybaby:

Bought the new quinkflow type lastbweekend in the uk for £3.95. Cant tell any difference from the old type. :crybaby:

I've tried using the blue medium QuinkFlow and while it is smooth, the blue is just not as vivid as my

say the Bold Point regular Quink refill. I wish they may it put more ink on the paper. I believe I

need to switch to black ink and I may not have this problem.