• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm seriously looking to buy a Jinhao and add it to my collection but not sure what to get. Basically looking for something that is medium to slightly large, a smooth writer preferably a slightly wet writer, black would be nice if not something with a bit of art work.

For something of 12mm diameter, possibly the black Jinhao Century Mk2. My blue one is one of the best Jinhaos I have, though the plating is a bit thin. I did a review of it here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/220345-jinhao-century-mk-2/

If you prefer a larger diameter pen than 12mm (and the Century Mk2 is a bit slender), then consider an X450 or X750.

The Jinhao 1008's look like kit pens, but come in gorgeous finishes. Shame the chrome plating doesn't last...

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx356/richardandtracy/Jinhao%20Pens/Jinhao1008Picture1_zps3f336faf.jpg

Regards,

Richard.

today, I am using the Hero 336 for quick notes on the move and the TWSBI 540 when I am sitting at a desk or table

Two arrived in the post today

Duke 960 Fountain Pen - Crane Design

AND

Crocodile 2010 Sapphire

Filled both with ink and they worked perfectly, cannot say which I prefer.

My wife has her eye on the Crocodile - NO CHANCE

paul

Used a Hero 68 today. So dry. Put Tanzanite in. Still dry. Pressed on paper with it like a retarded monkey trying to kill something and bent the nibs back enough that it actually writes okay.

Yay.

Edited by Funkmon

Used my Jinhao 950 Porcelain "Running Horse". A fantastic M steel nib ! The blue cobalt drawing (after a work of the great Chinese painter Xu Beihong) is very beatiful and elegant.

Used my Jinhao 950 Porcelain "Running Horse". A fantastic M steel nib ! The blue cobalt drawing (after a work of the great Chinese painter Xu Beihong) is very beatiful and elegant.

Do you have any real life pictures of the pen you can post?

• 3 weeks later...

Two pens came in the mail today, both Wing Sungs - a 322 and a 220. I put a little Rotring brilliant ultramarine into each and used them both for note taking while doing some research. Very light in the hand and good writers. The F nibs feel a little scratchy, particularly the 220, but that could just be because they are Fs. Changing my angle of writing slightly helped.

WingSung 333 for me today... ink is Diamine Eau de Nil (hence the crocodile) :P Lots of feedback and zero flex in this pen. The cap is very dodgy too... but can't complain since I paid less than $2USD with shipping in a box of 10.

DSC_0006.jpg

Pen + siblings as I bought them:

%24%28KGrHqR%2C%21qwFJS%2BbVcIWBSc0DT1wL

I bought these. Thanks!

So far, so good. Excellent ink testers that I've been using with all sorts of colors for InCoWriMo, and only one scratchy nib so far.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I have a steel Muji pen, got it from Times Square Muji; also have a couple of Schneiders. I have a Mont Blanc as a gift but never used it.

When I was a kid, I used to love one type of Hero pen, had a vague impression it was 3-digit name starting with 6. Got it in a small town where my grandpa used to live. The pen was fairly easy to break after one year of intensive writing in the school, so I bought three in total, once every year when I visited my grandpa during spring festivals.

When my grandpa moved to the south I tried to find the pen where I lived. The pen under the exact same name was somehow different from what I used to get in the small town. The original ones are smaller with a plastic indigo color. The new one was brown and big. It was not as smooth as I remembered. Have been using Parkers since then.

Was considering some Lamy but figured my pens are okay since I don't write that much nowadays with all those smartphones and computers around me. I do have a somehow related interest in mechanical keyboards. I have a Das Keyboard and a HKKB Pro 2 blank, bought the latter one when I lived in Japan for a while.

I have a steel Muji pen, got it from Times Square Muji; also have a couple of Schneiders. I have a Mont Blanc as a gift but never used it.

When I was a kid, I used to love one type of Hero pen, had a vague impression it was 3-digit name starting with 6. Got it in a small town where my grandpa used to live. The pen was fairly easy to break after one year of intensive writing in the school, so I bought three in total, once every year when I visited my grandpa during spring festivals.

When my grandpa moved to the south I tried to find the pen where I lived. The pen under the exact same name was somehow different from what I used to get in the small town. The original ones are smaller with a plastic indigo color. The new one was brown and big. It was not as smooth as I remembered. Have been using Parkers since then.

Was considering some Lamy but figured my pens are okay since I don't write that much nowadays with all those smartphones and computers around me. I do have a somehow related interest in mechanical keyboards. I have a Das Keyboard and a HKKB Pro 2 blank, bought the latter one when I lived in Japan for a while.

WELCOME to FPN. :W2FPN:

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY