What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

whoelse - Your Hero 892 is really beautifyl. I've looked at them myself. So envious!

I'd be writing with my new Hero 612 if it ever gets delivered. Oh, and the converter to go with...

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today the Hero 612s arrived and the burgundy barreled one was quickly filled with Noodler's Army Green. It is well made, looks good and writes very smoothly. It seems a little dry but I am used to a pretty wet-writing Dilli from FPR with a flexi nib so I may just be getting used to a fine nib. Love that hooded nib look. Happy, Happy, Happy with new toys!

Rob

Jinhao 15 wine red with a hooded fine nib. A consistently good writer with a nice ink flow. Working well on Hammermill 20lb paper.

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

Yes, it's very nice and well made. Not much left in the wild, get it while you can and it's very affordable. The seashell reminds me about this video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FObwhrUzILo

whoelse - Your Hero 892 is really beautifyl. I've looked at them myself. So envious!

I'd be writing with my new Hero 612 if it ever gets delivered. Oh, and the converter to go with...

As with everyday... TWSBIs.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inklings/slides/2013-Ink_756.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Today the Hero 612s arrived and the burgundy barreled one was quickly filled with Noodler's Army Green. It is well made, looks good and writes very smoothly. It seems a little dry but I am used to a pretty wet-writing Dilli from FPR with a flexi nib so I may just be getting used to a fine nib. Love that hooded nib look. Happy, Happy, Happy with new toys!

Rob

Glad you like the Hero 612; even a lot of people in China do not know of it, as the 612 appellation is better known as a Wing Sung model. The Hero 612 seems to be very smooth but flossing the nib might make it scratchier, so a bit of care and perhaps a bit of work would make it works superbly. The jewel at the end of the barrel is a bit of a let down though. :(

I also find it best to squeeze the pressbar four or six times to get a good load, but importantly, give it a few seconds' rest between squeezes, allowing ink to rise into the sac; this way you can get a decent load inside. Enjoy!

No, I am not going to list my pens here.

I have this pen :)

just got it myself (posted also on your other thread).

Richard, i'll let u know how it goes after a few days...

Kaigelu 316 with Diamine Oxblood.

I have too many pens inked again....especially as this one seems to be getting lots of my attention lately.

My scribbles have been leaning towards finer and finer nibs....but there is something quite lovely about big fat lines of Diamine Oxblood at Christmas time.... :wub:

Using my Baoer 100 inked with Diamine Oxblood. It's been a while since this pen has made the rotation. I forgot what a nice writer it can be!

• 2 weeks later...

A newly delivered all metal, gold faceted GuiGuan 20 ($5) with....believe it or not...a medium nib. I took a risk with it as my other F nib GuiGuans have been as dry as a bone, but this, inked up with Klingners Alt Bordeaux is a real find.

And it's the first pen to make Alt Bordeaux usable for me, it shades beautifully through this nib.

Happy New Year to everyone!

I might be old, but at least I got to see all the best Bands.

Jinhao 159 inked with Private Reserve Invincible Blue. I've had problems with the Jinhao being slow to start after sitting for a couple days. Appears to be an ink problem, as that issue seems to have gone away with PR Invincible Blue.

The Hero Summer Colors. After using a half-tank of BlakWa, it's been loaded with the carts that came with the pen. Very wet medium nib, nice blue ink on the blue-black side of the spectrum!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Hero 892, a very reliable consistent writer. This pen was made in the 1990s and the nib and feed are compatible with a Parker 45.

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick