• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ordered and received a new Hero 616, red with the chrome cap. Filled it with Noodler's Ottoman Azure. Not my first 616 but I am again impressed with the ease that this inexpensive pen lays down a smooth, steady line.

Going to gift someone with the black one that came with it.

fpn_1381967171__k316-trimmed-resized.jpg

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Not actually using them yet but just arrived. Namiki Falcon at the top for a size reference.

Chinese pens by IvanRomero, on Flickr

Wow, they are very pretty.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Wow, they are very pretty.

Thank you. :)

What's the porcelain one?

And is it really porcelain or is it printed & painted metal?

Today's pen is the Jinhao Century Mk2.

Regards,

Richard

The brand is escaping me right now but it is not one I have heard of before. It looks like they use something similar to the Kaigelu logo but it is not Kaigelu. I'll check when I get home. The barrel seems to be porcelain the cap seems like plastic.

Thank you. :)

The brand is escaping me right now but it is not one I have heard of before. It looks like they use something similar to the Kaigelu logo but it is not Kaigelu. I'll check when I get home. The barrel seems to be porcelain the cap seems like plastic.

What's the middle one?

A black Jinxing 28 F to M nib inked up with Sailor Sei-Boku. It's turned out to be a real gem of a find, so good I've bought another two, a 26a and 26b as supplies seem to be drying up.

Light, fits my hand, buttery smooth nib, and with Sei Boku I sometimes stop writing just to see how effective the combination is. Can anyone point me to a thread about adding photo's to a post? I'd love to leave an example of the pen and the way it writes, plus proper reviews of my other Chinese pens (well, the ones that haven't been disasters that is :unsure: .)

Here be the pen...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-BEIJING-JINXING-26-Fountain-Pens-China-famous-brand-America-meticulous-/121200418140?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item1c381b9d5c

Edited by notimetoulouse

I might be old, but at least I got to see all the best Bands.

Used to use Hero 100 for many years. Now use two TWSBI vac700 and one 580

http://josephchow42.smugmug.com/SmugPreview/FPN/i-RXgD3pQ/0/O/phpPA0FkQPM.jpg

Duke 209. Just received this, and I like it as much as my Kaigelus. If they made more in other color/styles, I would buy them. This writes as a true medium, and I love the black matte finish.

Is your 209 cap too easy to pop off?

A black Jinxing 28 F to M nib inked up with Sailor Sei-Boku. It's turned out to be a real gem of a find, so good I've bought another two, a 26a and 26b as supplies seem to be drying up.

Can anyone point me to a thread about adding photo's to a post?

There is a thread pinned at the beginning of the review section that discusses how to post photos. It might answer your questions. I also like the Jinxing 28. The nib in mine was very smooth but wrote too widely and had baby bottom. I traded it out for an Airmail nib and now use it frequently. I found the 26 to be a bit small for my hand. I like the simple but effective filling system and the pens are currently available at a good price. My only knock on them is that in the plastic used and the rather ragged finishing on the jewels, the pen feels a bit cheap. Since they are very inexpensive pens that is not a very big knock. I am glad to hear that the shape of the section works with your injury. I do not believe that i have seen another pen that has a section shaped like these. Cheers.

I inked up my Hero 1021 for the first time. The pen feels very heave at first but when it's not very long so the balance is ok. I'll have to get used to it but since there's no review on it, I guess that will have to become my first.

Now inked up with Sheaffer blue from inkwell bottle (maroon box/label) that I picked up in a stationer's (for new) today.