What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

thx, lalindsay225 and 51ISH!

i have that same one, but thought it was called "gold dust" or something like it??!! i bought it from isellpens many moons ago. one of the smoothest writers i own from ROC.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thx, lalindsay225 and 51ISH!

i have that same one, but thought it was called "gold dust" or something like it??!! i bought it from isellpens many moons ago. one of the smoothest writers i own from ROC.

I think the American sellers have been assigning their own names to this one, since no one seems to know of an associated model number. I am enjoying mine very much also. There don't seem to be as many Haolilais out there as Dukes, Jinhaos, Heros, etc., but I'd put the ones I have up against any pen.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

Three TWSBI Micartas (EF nibs) with different ink colours are on the menu today :D

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.
William Makepeace Thackeray

If you stick it in the freezer and let it get really cold, it might come out...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Ouch. Well, if it comes apart maybe the converter might be salvageable. I hate when that happens...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I've not used my K323 anywhere near enough recently. I have an excuse though: My K316 is so nice it's difficult not to use.

alc3261, It looks as if you'll have to contact the supplier. That's not going to be too productive, but it may be worth the effort to get a replacement. I had a bit of a fight with a pocket watch supplier to get a replacement after it arrived with a smashed glass, but I did get the replacement in the end.

I hope all goes well,

Richard.

I did change the nib in mine to a Broad JoWo #6 and also machined a new barrel finial. The net result is a pen that feels like a Duofold Centennial. The only small problem is the plating, but the Kaigelu plating is better than every other Chinese pen manufacturer that I have come across. Despite near daily use for nearly 2 years, there is still gold colouring visible on the cap rings, barrel ring and clip. The plating is not up to Parker's standard, but the 316 now feels as nice as my P&B Centennial, only for £420 less than a new one.

Regards,

Richard

Richard, I think I like the K323 more than the 316 -323 is a much better writer.

+1

I have a K323 (the same as the one in Richards review) It was out of production at the time, but YCPens 'found' one for me. :)

Unfortunately, the cap wasn't airtight, but I can live with that...although it is a little annoying.... :angry: But it is a lovely colour :)

The K323 just seems better balanced in my hand.......although the K316 in Charcoal....is a lovely colour :puddle:

Mine write just about the same....

I own around 100 chinese fountain pens/roller balls /ball pens

From the more affordable range my preference is the Kaigelu 316: Very beautiful, solid made and a nice medium NIB

Apart from that there are some Montblanc copies which are really good, especially the 144

Duke 209. Just received this, and I like it as much as my Kaigelus. If they made more in other color/styles, I would buy them. This writes as a true medium, and I love the black matte finish.

Apart from that there are some Montblanc copies which are really good, especially the 144

Care to provide a link to a supplier you would recommend?

Hero 7022. The flow isn't great, will probably try flossing the nib when I get home.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC