What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

I don't really know how to improve the flow from a sticky c/c. My advice would be to change it for another & see if that works. I had the same problem with my Jinhao 1200, and never really cured it.

I also have the same problem with my Parker Duofold International which has a larger c/c spigot diameter. Consequently, I don't think it can be put down to the smaller ISO c/c spigot diameter causing a meniscus that won't allow ink into the feed.

Over the last two weeks I've been using a couple of pricy pens alongside my Kaigelu 316, 356 & Jinhao Century Mk2. All have worked equally well while camping, and showed no problems at all (not that I expected any problems from writing - I was expecting floods, though. Thankfully they didn't happen).

Regards,

Richard.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

today I re-ground my Kaigelu 316 to a stub -I can never get a crisp italic... woks wonderfully!

... woks wonderfully!

:lticaptd:

Mmm, tasty.

Sorry. My youngest daughter's favourite film is 'School of Rock', but she tries to be cool & trendy when she says it, and as a result it comes out as 'School of Wok', or 'Cooking School' as I now call the film to her great annoyance.

Regards,

Richard

:lticaptd:

Mmm, tasty.

Sorry. My youngest daughter's favourite film is 'School of Rock', but she tries to be cool & trendy when she says it, and as a result it comes out as 'School of Wok', or 'Cooking School' as I now call the film to her great annoyance.

Regards,

Richard

:doh: and it wasn't as late at night as im writing at this moment... :blush:

PS. that's a crazy funny movie... JB "woks"!!! :thumbup:

Dolce Vita Naranja. Damn!

I have never loved a cheap Chinese pen as much as this. It looks incredible and the nib sings on it. Very smooth but with just enough character to make me happy. I cannot believe I got this for like $12 or so shipped.

Still waiting for my Kaigelu 356s. They've been stuck in customs for like a week.

my Naranja came with a dud nib, so i swapped it with one of the generics i had laying about. it is a good looking pen for sure.

<<Have to look at that Dolce Vita Naranja.

Regards,

Richard>>

Me too--the knockoff, that is!

Edited by TSherbs

My Jinhao X450 who's nib is on the fine side of medium and drinks ink like a Foreign Legion camel arriving at Fort Zinderneuf. Wonderfully wet line.

Hopefully, the Jinhao X750 I ordered will arrive in tomorrow's post.

An enjoyable and safe Labour Day to all!

Leon

Luoshi 929 with Diamine Red Dragon. A very nice writer.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

A Hero 385.

Its a hit or miss, the ink flow seems to obey the law of gravity more than surface adhesion.

In a world where there are no eyes the sun would not be light, and in a world where there were no soft skins rocks would not be hard, nor in a world where there were no muscles would they be heavy. Existence is relationship and you're smack in the middle of it.

- Alan Watts

Just inked my brand new Picasso 608. Immediate reaction is that the medium nib is very smooth and performs much better than one would expect from such a modestly priced pen.