What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

To fix the Jinhao 159's problem, your suggestion is definitely worth to try. A fully inked Hero 616 can write much more than Jinhao 159. This is just another option to reduce the interruption.

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n419/peterpaul_rguez/scratch-head03-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000416-large.gif

I dunno, a can never fill a H616 completely...

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yesterday (forgot to post) I used the Kaigelu 316 -Amber- with home made green ink (mixed food coloring: red, blue and yellow).

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n419/peterpaul_rguez/scratch-head03-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000416-large.gif

I've had good luck getting them about 75% or so full. It can help to remove the metal squeeze sleeve.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

I've had good luck getting them about 75% or so full. It can help to remove the metal squeeze sleeve.

I was able to fully fill the pen by removing the metal squeeze sleeve and squeezing on top part of the sac several times.

I was able to fully fill the pen by removing the metal squeeze sleeve and squeezing on top part of the sac several times.

Right, that is what I do. Now that I think about it, 75% was a bit too conservative an estimate. Perhaps I was thinking of the Parker 21; I was never able to get them more than three quarters full.

~ George Orwell

Slide off the metal tube to expose the sac. You can get a good fill that way, but be sure to let a couple drops run back into the bottle or it 'backs up' and will seem as though you have a leak.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

So I am not the only one who has trouble with the metal sleeves? Well, that's a relief!

I have been writing with my Wing-Sung 234 and my Wing-Sung - nonumberbutcalledaschoolpen by vendor. I actually have five of those last, two with medium nibs, three with fine. They are marbelled plastic with black tips on each end and gold colored trim including a little gold ring between the black and the color on the pen body.

The 234 gets dry a tiny bit easier, but starts right up again if you wet it. I have managed so far to AVOID trying to do this by licking the nib. That, it seems, would be a great habit never to start...

T

Right, that is what I do. Now that I think about it, 75% was a bit too conservative an estimate. Perhaps I was thinking of the Parker 21; I was never able to get them more than three quarters full.

:huh:

:huh:

?

You had better luck with the Parker 21s?

~ George Orwell

?

You had better luck with the Parker 21s?

no, I didn't understand your comment -I thought you were contradicting yourself, later I realized when you mentioned the 3/4 full you were referring to the P21... yeah, I know, my comment here is also confusing :unsure:

regards,

I think it is the length of breather tube decides how much ink can fill in the sac when the metal sleeve is on. The longer the breather tube the more ink can fill in the sac. You need to find a longer breather tube.

Marbled Jinhao X450 loaded with J Herbin's Lierre Sauvage. It is a beautiful pen, the nib is large and on the thick side of a medium and it is a thirsty pen - so best used with bottled ink as it devours cartridges. Writes well enough.

It's my only Chinese pen, but I certainly would buy another one with a fine nib (if there is one).

Marbled Jinhao X450 loaded with J Herbin's Lierre Sauvage. It is a beautiful pen, the nib is large and on the thick side of a medium and it is a thirsty pen - so best used with bottled ink as it devours cartridges. Writes well enough.

It's my only Chinese pen, but I certainly would buy another one with a fine nib (if there is one).

It shouldn't be hard to find a F #6 (the size of the nib) to use in another x450. If you were in the US, I'd recommend one of the Goulet JoWo-made nibs or the nibs and re-branded Jinhaos at xfountainpens. But there are probably easier/cheaper options for you in the UK.

~ George Orwell

I think it is the length of breather tube decides how much ink can fill in the sac when the metal sleeve is on. The longer the breather tube the more ink can fill in the sac. You need to find a longer breather tube.

No, I corrected myself; I am able usually to get more into 616s than I first thought and wrote.

~ George Orwell

no, I didn't understand your comment -I thought you were contradicting yourself, later I realized when you mentioned the 3/4 full you were referring to the P21... yeah, I know, my comment here is also confusing :unsure:

regards,

No, I'm sorry for confusing how I've done with the 616s in comparison to the P21s.

Too much ink sniffing? :huh:

~ George Orwell

No, I'm sorry for confusing how I've done with the 616s in comparison to the P21s.

Too much ink sniffing? :huh:

I guess so! celluloid pen body sniffing is good too... :blush:

Jinhao 159 with Diamine Ancient Copper. The ink fits the pen's broad and wet nib very well, I think.