What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

That is some gorgeous writing for sure.

The overall length of the 892 is the same as 45?

Apologies for the photo's quality.

http://i.imgur.com/ncHiAyw.jpg

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like it. Thanks.

And as for the photo, the shimmering Hero makes up for the darkness.

Edited by Kugelschreiber

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

Looks like it. Thanks.

And as for the photo, the shimmering Hero makes up for the darkness.

Tangent: I appreciate the Orwell quote.

Tangent: I appreciate the Orwell quote.

Thanks.

This morning I'm using the snazzy looking Hero 9300 inked with the De Atramentis PI Tchaikovsky (silver-gray).

post-19598-0-33180900-1376754798_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kugelschreiber

~ George Orwell

Good point and something I almost always prefer, too.

~ George Orwell

Today I received a Wing Sung 590 that I purchased through an Ebay auction on the 10th. I gave it a thorough cleaning and inked it up. It is quite a large pen as you can see in my admittedly poor quality photos. The nib is made of thin steel but writes quite nicely. Shipping was free and the cost of the pen was $9.00. I am very satisfied. The only nib available writes a fine line. This is what I use but as I know many of you prefer medium nibs, I tried to install an unmodified #6 size German nib. It did not fit. So the pen is as it is. If this appeals to you, these pens are still available on Ebay. Cheers.

post-71717-0-95300300-1376778441_thumb.jpg

Pens left to right Waterman Man 100, Wing Sung 590, TWSBI 580, and Edison Collier

post-71717-0-40135600-1376778443_thumb.jpg

A small writing sample and a math problem

This week, it's a Uranus 310, the pen dubbed "Harlequin" by His Nibs. It really reminds me more of a jester; the pattern around the middle reminds me of a jester's collar. I have the black/yellow one. It has a very fine point, yet writes smoothly.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

I completely ignored my usual rotation and returned to the Baoer 388 in stainless steel to test out my new bottle of Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher.

Second time using it...and my impression of it still favorable, though I thought it wrote a little smoother with Skrip Blue.

This morning I'm using the snazzy looking Hero 9300 inked with the De Atramentis PI Tchaikovsky (silver-gray).

It's a nice pen. Feels good in the hand. I swapped the nib for a Waterman 2A flex nib from a Waterman Stalwart.

I know my id is "mhosea", but you can call me Mike. It's an old Unix thing.

It's a nice pen. Feels good in the hand. I swapped the nib for a Waterman 2A flex nib from a Waterman Stalwart.

Ooh, that is very nice. Do you have a spare of those Waterman nibs? :D

I also saw a blue version of the 9300. For some inexplicable reason the clip is gold even though all the other trim is chrome. I would have bought it but for that.

There is a pink version, too.

~ George Orwell

I also saw a blue version of the 9300. For some inexplicable reason the clip is gold even though all the other trim is chrome. I would have bought it but for that.

There is a pink version, too.

Oh, wow, I wasn't aware of these other colors. Had to go look them up. I see what you mean about the gold clip. Weird, that. Both blue and pink have the gold clip. These clips are easy to swap. I wonder if there is a cheaper Hero pen that shares the same clip in the silver color.

I know my id is "mhosea", but you can call me Mike. It's an old Unix thing.

Oh, wow, I wasn't aware of these other colors. Had to go look them up. I see what you mean about the gold clip. Weird, that. Both blue and pink have the gold clip. These clips are easy to swap. I wonder if there is a cheaper Hero pen that shares the same clip in the silver color.

Or perhaps with some micromesh that gold would come right off.

~ George Orwell

Thanks.

¡interesante! me gusta... :thumbup:

For the last couple of weeks I've been using my Jinhao 159, inked with Waterman Brun Absolu, to sign cheques at work. I really enjoy the heft and girth, and it lays down a satisfying line. (Doesn't "heft and girth" have a nice ring to it?)

But, it regularly decides to stop flowing ink so that I have to remove the case and twist the valve to get the ink to flow again. This isn't a big deal when signing cheques but is a real nuisance when actually writing stuff - my brain to pen connection is easily fractured by these kinds of interruptions.

Any suggestions for a remedy?

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.png

"On such a full sea are we now afloat; and we must take the current as it serves". Julius Caesar, Act 4, scene 3.

For the last couple of weeks I've been using my Jinhao 159, inked with Waterman Brun Absolu, to sign cheques at work. I really enjoy the heft and girth, and it lays down a satisfying line. (Doesn't "heft and girth" have a nice ring to it?)

But, it regularly decides to stop flowing ink so that I have to remove the case and twist the valve to get the ink to flow again. This isn't a big deal when signing cheques but is a real nuisance when actually writing stuff - my brain to pen connection is easily fractured by these kinds of interruptions.

Any suggestions for a remedy?

You can try Hero 616.

Yank out the nib and feed. Clear all channels of the feed. Wash both in hot water to remove manufacturing oils.

Pop them back in. Make sure they are aligned.

You can try Hero 616.

I don't think that was quite what DJW1066 meant.

Yank out the nib and feed. Clear all channels of the feed. Wash both in hot water to remove manufacturing oils.

Pop them back in. Make sure they are aligned.

I don't think that was quite what DJW1066 meant.

To fix the Jinhao 159's problem, your suggestion is definitely worth to try. A fully inked Hero 616 can write much more than Jinhao 159. This is just another option to reduce the interruption.

Received my Jinhao 159 today that I ordered on 8/3. After a short flushing I alligned the nib a bit and inked it up, flow is good, although the Bold nib is more of a medium imo.

Visually it is quite striking at the price point.