What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

A low-end Golden Star 535:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f221/1166312d1374648038-review-golden-star-535-02.jpg

Love that green!

Edited by TSherbs

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 892. Very good-looking.

http://i.imgur.com/stVRdli.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/H1ADx5g.jpg

Edited by whitedot

Just bowed to peer pressure and ordered a Kaigelu 316 (the white one with the dark veins) and the lovely Hero 892 shown above. Oh well, at these prices, they aren't exactly budget busters.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

Just bowed to peer pressure and ordered a Kaigelu 316 (the white one with the dark veins) and the lovely Hero 892 shown above. Oh well, at these prices, they aren't exactly budget busters.

Well done!

I am pleased with the balance of the Hero 892. It isn't spot on, but it is much more comfortable than the Jinhao x750. Fit is superb. Finish is superb if it lasts. The nib is underwhelming. Matter not. Plenty of Parker 45 nib and feed units out there.

Edited by whitedot

Well done!

I am pleased with the balance of the Hero 892. It isn't spot on, but it is much more comfortable than the Jinhao x750. Fit is superb. Finish is superb if it lasts. The nib is underwhelming. Matter not. Plenty of Parker 45 nib and feed units out there.

Edited by lalindsay225

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

Somehow what I tried to write below my quote of whitedot's last post isn't showing up, despite my attempt at an edit, so I'll try again.

I'm glad the Hero 892 is working well for you, though I hope I'll have better luck with the nib; I prefer fine ones, and lately the pens I buy, even the Chinese ones, seem to have more of a Western medium. Maybe the makers are trying to cater to what they think are Western tastes.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

Somehow what I tried to write below my quote of whitedot's last post isn't showing up, despite my attempt at an edit, so I'll try again.

I'm glad the Hero 892 is working well for you, though I hope I'll have better luck with the nib; I prefer fine ones, and lately the pens I buy, even the Chinese ones, seem to have more of a Western medium. Maybe the makers are trying to cater to what they think are Western tastes.

The nib was fine and dry. I prefer medium and wet.

Well done!

Is the Parker 45 nib unit a direct fit? I have a couple that are nice writers but do not get used as the 45 is too thin for me?

Yesterday I used my Wing Sung 234 and my Hero 3266. Tomorrow I may use both of those and my Baoer 517.

The first two are fine nibs and I like the fine nib better, bu the Baoer is just a nice pen. It makes me feel like Daddy Warbucks, which, considering that it was under ten dollars, is a good deal...

This week, it's a Hero 700 with Noodler's Zhivago. I call it my Screaming Eagle pen; there is an eagle on the midsection, and there is a pair of wings on the other side. It reminds me of my dad's service in Vietnam as a paratrooper in the 101st Airborne Division. He will be turning 65 this week.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

Here is my first contribution to this forum. I am using Wingsung 612A and Hero 616 loaded with Diamine twilight and Noodlers Ottoman Azure.

Welcome to FPN, Inkstone!

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

Ditto.

The great big tip goes very well with the bigger body. It looks right. A scribble:

http://i.imgur.com/yx3OAAO.jpg

Shading!

http://i.imgur.com/Z3cYneG.jpg

Edited by whitedot

I was just enjoying my Wing Sung 233 and I have decided to purchase another Chinese pen. I need your help to help steer me to a good writer. I have the following criteria:

1. No hooded nibs

2. No lacquer over brass bodies ala Jinhao 159, 450, etc

Get a Jinhao 159 and just remove the lacquer using paint stripper. Several FPNers have done so and seem to be pretty happy with the result.

Unless you have really large hands, consider buying a Duke 209. It's a very reliable and nice writer.

Welcome to FPN and the Far Eastern Madness.

Here is my first contribution to this forum. I am using Wingsung 612A and Hero 616 loaded with Diamine twilight and Noodlers Ottoman Azure.

Ditto.

The great big tip goes very well with the bigger body. It looks right. A scribble:

That is some gorgeous writing for sure.

The overall length of the 892 is the same as 45?

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell