What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Lanbitou pocket pen with Diamine Quartz (my first Chinese pen besides TWSBI and it has definitely made confident about getting more).

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hero 385 with Diamine Grape. Purple ink always goes well in black w/ gold trim pens.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

This week, it's a Jinhao Dragon Pearl with Diamine Red Dragon. (To match the dragon's eyes!) Truly a winning combination.

I must say, I have never used a Jinhao pen that didn't write perfectly smooth, right out of the box.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

Starting my second pass through my fairly recent ten-pen haul, which I got just before the new year. Inked my Baoer 3018 "Sonnett" with Noodler's Black. I had some issues the first time I inked it with Noodler's Blue-Black. Seems to be behaving much better this time.

Managed to get some of my Chinese pens out of rotation.....so I get get some of my new Chinese pens into the rotation..... :D

Today it's my Bejing Jinxing A28 with Diamine Denim.....nice combo....

I have an odd problem and hope someone can help me. Bought an x530 Tageschlicht from...naturally...xfountainpens, used it once.

Now, I can't screw the cap back on! Magnifying glass with built-in light reveals nothing obvious. I liked this model and want to use it again.

Any ideas? Thanks.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

A hero 616 I bought a whole pack full a few years ago and they Just don't Quit

I have an odd problem and hope someone can help me. Bought an x530 Tageschlicht from...naturally...xfountainpens, used it once.

Now, I can't screw the cap back on! Magnifying glass with built-in light reveals nothing obvious. I liked this model and want to use it again.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Your problem may be simply orientation. The threads are relatively few so where they engage would seemingly be critical. Take it apart, re-screw, and try again. If no avail, send XPF a quick email, explaining the problem. They are quick to respond with a possible solution (they just recently promised to send me a replacement for an ill-fitting X450 cap).

Good luck!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Today's pen is my blue Jinhao Century Mk2.

I have just had an interesting accidental disassembly of the section. Instead of unscrewing the barrel from the section, the chrome plated connector unscrewed from the back of the section. This showed that the section outer is machined from brass & painted, and that Jinhao use a 5mm nib unit housing to separate the ink from the brass. So, it should be possible to swap the nib for a standard 5mm nib to get a size choice.

Regards,

Richard.

Your problem may be simply orientation. The threads are relatively few so where they engage would seemingly be critical. Take it apart, re-screw, and try again. If no avail, send XPF a quick email, explaining the problem. They are quick to respond with a possible solution (they just recently promised to send me a replacement for an ill-fitting X450 cap).

Good luck!

Thanks!

I examined the cap. It turns out the threaded part is not fixed, and had migrated down the cap to the point where the barrel threads were not engaging.

I managed to lift the threaded part back, and now both threads can meet and the pen can again be capped. I saw a similar post on another thread about the same problem.

If anyone has a similar problem with a 530, try this! (If it happens again to me, I'm contacting xfountainpens).

Today: Guanleming 193 fude, Noodler,s 41 Brown. Can't seem to keep that pen out of rotation.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

After three years of using fountain pens, broke my first pen last night. My Baoer 3018 "Sonnett" that I've only used a few times. Pulling the converter out, the part of the feed/section that you attach the converter to, broke off.

Is this systematic of Baoers? Of the 3018s? Or a fluke of rough handling on my part. It will determine if I get another one.

My recently purchased charcoal Kaigelu 316, inked with Waterman Florida Blue. The pen looks great and writes very well. However, it seems Kaigelu hasn't completely fixed the gold plating problems on their nibs. A 5 year old could have done a better job of coloring between the lines of the kangaroo on my nib.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

Hero 813 with Diamine Green Black. The pen has a strange bluish/violet "marble" pattern. Does anyone know if this pen comes in basic black?

Kaigelu 316 in Charcoal with Diamine Ancient Copper. Richard, I can see why you love this combo, it writes beautifully with a tiny bit of shading!

Maybe a new subtitle for the thread should be... It's all Richard's fault! ;-)