What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Wing Sung 402 today; brushed steel is a good thing.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f221/825484d1348036626-review-wing-sung-402-rimg0152.jpg

Edited by Seele

No, I am not going to list my pens here.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry for the low quality of the photo.

It's been my first shot with a little new cam (Fuji JX 500).

Generally I use Nikon D90 but I've no macro lens :(

post-83284-0-42779000-1348267997.jpg

I just had to add a note about the pen I just cleaned out this morning: a Beijing Jinxing 28A. This was its first time in rotation, but it won't be the last. It's a very peculiar pen in some ways, but an unqualified success as a writer. Great size and weight for long periods of writing; big, beautiful, slightly soft nib; perfect feed; no drying out or blotting, and it wrote smoothly until the last drop of ink. It's one of the few modern pens I've cleaned out and had the rinse come out clean within a few cycles. This thing delivered the very last drop of ink. This one was pure joy to use.

ron

My Kaigelu 323 turned up this morning .....a quick flush......

Load her up with Diamine Sherwood Green....

Enjoying every minute :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Hi

I like the look of this pen.....

what make and model is it? I can read the rest of your post no problem...but I can't quite make out the name of the pen

Anyone else who can ....please feel free to join in :thumbup:

I just had to add a note about the pen I just cleaned out this morning: a Beijing Jinxing 28A. This was its first time in rotation, but it won't be the last. It's a very peculiar pen in some ways, but an unqualified success as a writer. Great size and weight for long periods of writing; big, beautiful, slightly soft nib; perfect feed; no drying out or blotting, and it wrote smoothly until the last drop of ink. It's one of the few modern pens I've cleaned out and had the rinse come out clean within a few cycles. This thing delivered the very last drop of ink. This one was pure joy to use.

ron

I like the look of this too....peculiar is right....what made you choose it? I want one too now..... :roflmho:

This thread is costing me a (small) fortune :rolleyes:

Hi

what make and model is it? I can read the rest of your post no problem...but I can't quite make out the name of the pen

If you in ebay search for >D40 Duke Bamboo Roller Ball Pen w/Nature Mother-Pearl you'll find the RB - don't know if links to ebay are allowed here?

Surely, the seller will offer the fountain pen soon again.

Hi

If you in ebay search for >D40 Duke Bamboo Roller Ball Pen w/Nature Mother-Pearl you'll find the RB - don't know if links to ebay are allowed here?

Surely, the seller will offer the fountain pen soon again.

Thank You :thumbup:

I thought it was Duke Bamboo...but couldn't find it on ebay...

Today - and for the next few days, it's my Dandong White Feather 306, a lightweight black plastics pen with gilt trim. When I got it, its nib was practically unusable, but now it's quite decent. Inked with Hero 202 blue-black.

It's name is better rendered as "White Quill" but the blockhead translated it to "White Feather" instead: they tried to sell them internationally and could not figure out why they did not sell at all. :roflmho:

Sorry to hear that, Zanshin!

I bought a lot of nine 616 jumbo doctor's fountain pens from yespen.com (that has an eabay store) for the ridiculous sum of GBP 15, P&P included, and gave away 6 of them at work, filled with diamine poppy red ink. They must have been the real deal as yespen has a section in their store where the differences are pointed out. They're amazing value for money and very useful, but nothing like the 51 they're aping.

The was done in an attempt to convert the younglings at work to good and proper penmanship. We'll see how that turns out :thumbup:

Best

Wetx3

Just checked the yespen website, unfortunately it looks like they have packed their tents and gone. Domain for sale. Shame, I was looking forward to seeing what they had.

I might be old, but at least I got to see all the best Bands.

1348399496[/url]' post='2468396']
1329253847[/url]' post='2249667']

Sorry to hear that, Zanshin!

I bought a lot of nine 616 jumbo doctor's fountain pens from yespen.com (that has an eabay store) for the ridiculous sum of GBP 15, P&P included, and gave away 6 of them at work, filled with diamine poppy red ink. They must have been the real deal as yespen has a section in their store where the differences are pointed out. They're amazing value for money and very useful, but nothing like the 51 they're aping.

The was done in an attempt to convert the younglings at work to good and proper penmanship. We'll see how that turns out :thumbup:

Best

Wetx3

Just checked the yespen website, unfortunately it looks like they have packed their tents and gone. Domain for sale. Shame, I was looking forward to seeing what they had.

They are still active on eBay. http://stores.ebay.com/YesPen

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

Guanleming Accountant (#978). Right now it's inked up with a fill of De Atramentis Tchaikowsky, which seems to be a very felicitous combination (silver grey ink in a silver grey pen). Still trying to decide what to put into the Wing Sung that I was gifted with last week.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

ron

I like the look of this too....peculiar is right....what made you choose it? I want one too now..... :roflmho:

This thread is costing me a (small) fortune :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I often buy pens out of sheer curiosity. That was the case here. But I also have a very uninformed interest in vintage (or at least pre-"it is glorious to get rich") Chinese pens. The few I've seen have been really nice, and not at all as mechanically uninteresting as the modern ones.

ron

Ruth,

I wonder where the post-Changsu period Guanleming pens are built and who officially builds them; I only have the 2001 demonstrator and it's very nice, but I might look into those from the Changsu period and perhaps even before. During the Changsu period, the manufacturing facilities was shared by the Guanleming and Jinrong brands. I am looking into the history of the marque and trust me, it went all over the place! I am also a bit curious about your Wing Sung, which model could that be, I wonder...

Ron,

The Jinxing (Golden Star) 28 is a bit of a big pen, and quite a number of manufacturers also made equivalences. A few weeks ago I was thinking of getting a somewhat less common one by Heilongjiang, whose signature was a small stone set into the clip, but knowing myself too well I am sure it'd fall off a bit too soon! So in its stead I got a Wing Sung 590, which proves to be quite good - and a fair bit cheaper too. It might be worth checking out Taobao, and audition a few Taobao agents too.

I just cleaned out my Kaigelu 'Diamonds' (hey, it's a name... Better than the # it came with!) and might try my Haoililai Gold Pen. Or might try selling that one.

In the meantime, a Wing Sung Gold and Silver Stars. Heah. Names are better than numbers. :P

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Ruth,

I wonder where the post-Changsu period Guanleming pens are built and who officially builds them; I only have the 2001 demonstrator and it's very nice, but I might look into those from the Changsu period and perhaps even before. During the Changsu period, the manufacturing facilities was shared by the Guanleming and Jinrong brands. I am looking into the history of the marque and trust me, it went all over the place! I am also a bit curious about your Wing Sung, which model could that be, I wonder...

Ron,

The Jinxing (Golden Star) 28 is a bit of a big pen, and quite a number of manufacturers also made equivalences. A few weeks ago I was thinking of getting a somewhat less common one by Heilongjiang, whose signature was a small stone set into the clip, but knowing myself too well I am sure it'd fall off a bit too soon! So in its stead I got a Wing Sung 590, which proves to be quite good - and a fair bit cheaper too. It might be worth checking out Taobao, and audition a few Taobao agents too.

Seele:

Thanks for the tip. I will look around for Taobao. I don't think I've heard of them.

I agree with you that Wind Sung pens--at least the ones I've tried--are delightful.

ron