What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Thanks for the info Richard...I was kind of trying to avoid the US as a source due to postal/import charges :embarrassed_smile:

Did you incure any on your purchase....didn't really want to double...or treble the price ... :rolleyes:

I confess that maybe I'm lucky, but I have never had to pay tax on entry to the UK. I have bought a 316, 319 & 323 from pmstylus and not had problems with import duty - however as the packages all came in at under £18 (apart from the 319 which was £23 I think) it's not surprising.

The YCPens web site has got a pretty ropey payment method... The price is the same as on E-Bay but charges postage on the website.

Regards,

Richard.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is the same seller. I've bought from him on ebay a number of times.

Thanks for the info Richard...I was kind of trying to avoid the US as a source due to postal/import charges :embarrassed_smile:

Did you incure any on your purchase....didn't really want to double...or treble the price ... :rolleyes:

I confess that maybe I'm lucky, but I have never had to pay tax on entry to the UK. I have bought a 316, 319 & 323 from pmstylus and not had problems with import duty - however as the packages all came in at under £18 (apart from the 319 which was £23 I think) it's not surprising.

The YCPens web site has got a pretty ropey payment method... The price is the same as on E-Bay but charges postage on the website.

Regards,

Richard.

Many thanks gents for your replies :thumbup:

I did send YC Pens a message through ebay last night...as you rightly say Richard his payment methods through his site are a little 'messy'.

He replied to my message within 3 hours :thumbup: He does have them in stock, and he is quoting the same price as the Kaigelu 322 ...which is $4 cheaper than his own website at $20 inc P&P to the UK.

Now....do I go for the Kaigelu 323 which (apart from the flaking of the 'gold' barrel sounds superb......or the

Picasso 902 Gentlemans Platinum?? :unsure:

Anyone who says both....gets 'shot at dawn' :roflmho:

Edited by 51ISH

1) Guanleming 193 Calligraphy pen, with Iroshihzuku Kosumosu.

2) Guanleming 2001 Demonstrator (the "Bay State Blue" pen) with (what else!) Bay State Blue.

Used the first in my journal this morning. Wasn't sure how it would do since I write fairly small, but I do like my handwriting with that swoopy nib. And Kosumosu looks great coming out of it.... :hmm1: -- maybe I should get a few more and try some other inks that would look better in a broader nib! :eureka:

Been using the second for a couple of days to take random notes.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

1) Guanleming 193 Calligraphy pen, with Iroshihzuku Kosumosu.

2) Guanleming 2001 Demonstrator (the "Bay State Blue" pen) with (what else!) Bay State Blue.

Used the first in my journal this morning. Wasn't sure how it would do since I write fairly small, but I do like my handwriting with that swoopy nib. And Kosumosu looks great coming out of it.... :hmm1: -- maybe I should get a few more and try some other inks that would look better in a broader nib! :eureka:

Been using the second for a couple of days to take random notes.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Metal-clad Wing Sung 612A:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f221/767615d1342680062-review-wing-sung-612a-rimg0131.jpg

No, I am not going to list my pens here.

51ish go for the 323!

Im inking a baoer 8 running horses right now ;-)

51ish, I'd say go for the Kaigelu. I really like my one, even though I have it un-inked at the moment.

Regards,

Richard.

You guys are such enablers... :rolleyes:

3 Chinese pens ordered..... I was looking at the Kaigelu 316 previously, but too many people have said it is a heavy pen,

and 'back heavy' which is a real no no for me....so when you said the 323 was the same nib & feed Richard...

I was sold....also good review from yourself and Lovemy51 :headsmack:

Now the wait... :gaah:

Ahh.

I do like my K316's too.

I have a real liking for the Duofold shape, so possibly in favour of the 316 over the 323, but either way you'll have a good pen. However, I always worry when someone buys on the basis of one of my reviews. What if they don't like it too..?

I have a few more Chinese pens on order myself. A Huashilai 8, 3000 and one I think is also a Huashilai from greenish tint pearl & black type material ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251144355001?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 ) . The 3000 has the white with black stripe that I now see from a review is the one with greatest manufacturing variability :gaah: .

Regards,

Richard.

Ahh.

I do like my K316's too.

I have a real liking for the Duofold shape, so possibly in favour of the 316 over the 323, but either way you'll have a good pen. However, I always worry when someone buys on the basis of one of my reviews. What if they don't like it too..?

I have a few more Chinese pens on order myself. A Huashilai 8, 3000 and one I think is also a Huashilai from greenish tint pearl & black type material ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251144355001?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 ) . The 3000 has the white with black stripe that I now see from a review is the one with greatest manufacturing variability :gaah: .

Regards,

Richard.

Don't worry Richard.....I won't be after my money back :thumbup:

I think at around £12 even my bank balance can stand the loss :roflmho:

I started to look at the Kaigelu 316 when I saw they did the white/black veined colour....the Duofold in this colour I think looks a superb pen.....although Parkers' have seemed to take a bit a hammering here..... however in the Kaigelu version it's transluscence doesn't inspire me, so futher down the line, if I look at the 316 again I think I would plump for the Charcoal version, but as I said, for the moment at least I am 'off' heavy pens.

I agree about the weight. I'd have thought it cheaper for Kaigelu to mould a plastic finial than to turn a metal one and then paint it. Or even cast a plastic one.

I am not a Parker Duofold basher. I love the pearl & black, both in the International & Centennial sizes. The 316 is the Centennial size & I love it. The Charcoal is the most refined colour by far.

Regards,

Richard.

My Dolce Vita Naranja has arrived this morning from Japan ......

I ordered it on Wednesday September 5 at 6.00pm.....well less than a week...including a weekend, that's as good as if not better than a letter sent second class inside the UK :rolleyes:

I ignored all the good advice...as you do.....pushed home a cartridge that was sent with the pen...

Hey Presto! The nib is nice and smooth ....not too wet....not too dry ....say 5/6 or so.....

Feels a little unbalanced posted....but I usually write unposted anyway.....

Cost......$10...including the postage...

Queue the Dancing Bunnies :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Edit for spelling.

Edited by 51ISH

Baoer Calligraphy Pen. Wonderful varied line! BTW, I have two of these but only one Baoer converter. Anyone know where I can buy just the converter? Thx.

Baoer Calligraphy Pen. Wonderful varied line! BTW, I have two of these but only one Baoer converter. Anyone know where I can buy just the converter? Thx.

I'd guess all you need is a standard Schmidt K5 converter. I have three Baoer pens and all take that style.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell