What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

That Hero 850 is a cool looking pen.

This whole week I've been using the Baoer 79 "starwalker clone". For a cheap every day pen, it's actually very decent.Found out it doesn't accept long international carts for some reason, only standard length ones.

After giving it a good flush, which I should have done initially, and loading it with Waterman's black, it's behaved quite nicely for several days.

If your a Montblanc fan who doesn't want to risk carrying your real Starwalker everyday, might be with considering.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I should issue a general warning for Kaigelu users:

If you have a Kaigelu with a c/c with a black plastic central ring and white printed lettering (some are clear on the cheapest, on the more expensive ones they are gold or silver coloured), then check that the ball inside the c/c, it may be corroding and discolouring your ink.

I have seen this on a K356, and my wife's K362 and K363's. From current E-Bay photos, the current K300, K353, K360, K362 and K363's may be affected.

The following models seem unaffected: K319, K316, K322, K323, and older models of the K300.

Hope this is of use,

Richard.

Edited by richardandtracy

Oh. Forgot to say what to do about it if you have the problem. :embarrassed_smile:

Assuming you don't want to send the pen back under guarantee... :thumbup:

Either replace the c/c or split the c/c by pulling the black connector upwards until it pops off. Then carefully separate the two halves of the c/c, roll the ball out. Clean the inside of the c/c with water & a tussue. Then drop a 'glass' ball in from an old international cartridge and re-assemble the c/c by pressing the two bits together. The white lettering will probably rub off as you do this.

Regards,

Richard.

I'm using the Baoer Starwalker clone too - it writes nicely although I've got it inked with J Herbin Perle Noir and that seems a bit too wet for it - any ideas?

My Jinhao 159 stood out nicely in this morning's staff meeting amongst the BICs and promotional ballpens!

The K356, with its c/c ball changed for one from a cartridge, is my pen for today, and seems to be working rather better than my FPN Etruria which is its companion the day.

Regards,

Richard

I'm using the Baoer Starwalker clone too - it writes nicely although I've got it inked with J Herbin Perle Noir and that seems a bit too wet for it - any ideas?

I am using Waterman black in mine and it's flowing just about right for me. Not too dry or too wet.

Today I'm using a Dikawen 830. I bought one of these in March, and last week dropped it on a marble floor and cracked the inner plastic cap. :headsmack:

I managed to find another on ebay for £3.18 & free p&p and it arrived this morning. It has a weighty, solid feel and a good smooth nib. I like it a lot. :happyberet:

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

Maybe you could put a snowflake on the end of the cap with liquid paper and a stencil?

:P

Good idea!

today i got this in the mail:

it's a Sheaffer Targa clone made in china (pix from the vendor).

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n419/peterpaul_rguez/KGrHqVHJDkE8f5k6mjBPPI0L9fw60_3.jpg

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n419/peterpaul_rguez/KGrHqNHJBEE8ewrvJEBPPInYRg60_3.jpg

here's the vendor's ebay store -i believe he still has more of these:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/blessingsn/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

the nib was wet, but scratchy. with a little TLC, its now working nicely.

Edited by lovemy51

Never seen one before. My wife is a Targa nut & it would be nice to give her one of those too. Just seen the e-bay listing...

The Chinese Pens I have with me today are a Duke 209 and a TWSBI 530.

Regards,

Richard.

I'll wait for isellpens to get 'em.

Still using the Hero 007, which I reviewed briefly in a shootout with the GLM Accountant.

The 007 doesn't feel like a cheap pen; I like the smoothish, wettish nib, the touch of silvertone in the endcap, and the cap is a decisive pressure fit.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Bookworm 675.

I have failed to re-paint the filigree properly. I'm going to have to get some 'Liver of Sulphur' to blacken the brass instead, but that's going to have to wait a bit.

Regards,

Richard.

Apart from one of my beloved Jinhao 159s (filled with Diamine Meadow), a new pen: a Crocodile 168

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDUwWDYwMA==/$(KGrHqJHJB!E8e782CmdBPNjt15VYw~~60_3.JPG

For Father's day gift my son gave me a Jinhao 450, black with GT, and a very big nib, possibly the same nib as in this thread.

Edited by jslallar

Enjoy your pens

Have a nice day

Junaid

Both my Jinhao Century pens.

The comparison is constantly interesting. I prefer the material used for the Mk1, but the durability, weight & balance of the Mk2 is so much better.

The two inks are Diamine Saddle Brown & Woodland Green, both of which are nice choices for these pens.

Regards,

Richard.

Is this the first inlaid nib from China?

ron

don't know about first... possibly the only one :unsure:...??

edited: Sailor K, were you refering to the pen with the inlaid nib when you said "you'll wait for isellpens to get it"? for everyone's info, if YOU are interested, these are not in production anymore. but can be bought at the ebay store mentioned in my previous post.

ciao,

Edited by lovemy51