What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

The first Chinese fountain pen I bought: a stainless steel Hero 100.

I still like this pen very much, although I am not a fan of aero-metric filling systems.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Luoshi 937#. Arrived yesterday from HK (I got two of them for like $2.99 shipped). Weird aero-metric fill system isn't as nice as the piston in the Luoshi 931A, but its bigger and more comfortable to hold (the 931A is a "student" pen), and seems to play very nicely with Noodler's Rome Burning (compared to my Lamy Pur medium nib, which was just way too wet).

I have a WingSung #323 pen that I use every day for years and they are only $2.88. I use it to total the numbers on packing slips with old Sheaffer grey ink.

I also use our new Guanleming 2001 on the Specials page and each one is dedicated to Baystate Blue, Nikita and HOD.

Todd

www.isellpens.com

I heart the Guanleming Demonstrator, even loaded with mere Skrip Blue (my pen of today).

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Hero 330 in green and gold with PR DC Supershow Green. It displaced the Parker 45 in the rotation today since the Parker 45 got balky about starting.

Hero 240

IMG_0006_.jpg

i wanted one of these when Todd had them at isellpens, but never did get it... now i think i'll have to hunt it down from china -via ebay!

I have received a new pen, a Huashilai Orange Marbled Pen (as shown here: http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649 ).

What does eveyone call it? I'm sure I've seen it called the 'Dolce Vita Naranja' but can't find a review of it either as a 'Huashilai' or under the 'Dolce Vita' tag.

One thing that causes me further confusion is that the only writing on it is 'Yiren 601' on the threaded part of the section, 'Yiren' on the c/c and 'Book Worm' (2 words) on the nib. Nowhere on the pen is 'Huashilai' or 'Naranja'.

:blink:

Confuzzled,

Richard.

Edited by richardandtracy

I have received a new pen, a Huashilai Orange Marbled Pen (as shown here: http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649 ).

What does eveyone call it? I'm sure I've seen it called the 'Dolce Vita Naranja' but can't find a review of it either as a 'Huashilai' or under the 'Dolce Vita' tag.

One thing that causes me further confusion is that the only writing on it is 'Yiren 601' on the threaded part of the section, 'Yiren' on the c/c and 'Book Worm' (2 words) on the nib. Nowhere on the pen is 'Huashilai' or 'Naranja'.

Confuzzled,

Richard.

Sounds like the typical multiple brand name by a single company. What you have there is a Shanghai Shulong Stationery Gifts product which has two branding, Yiren and Bookworm. Found this website http://www.bookworm.net.cn which has the pen in question. His Nibs has it listed under http://hisnibs.com/yellow_filigree.htm so I think that solves who made the pen. They have a website at http://www.bookworm.net.cn

From The Sunny Island of Singapore

Straits Pen Distributors and Dealers of Craft Rinkul, JB Perfect Pen Flush, Ohto Japan, Parker, Pelikan, Pilot Pen, Private Reserve Inks, Schrade Tactical Pens, Smith & Wesson Pens, Noodler's Ink LLC Pens, TWSBI Inc and Waterman in Singapore

Disclosure: I do nib work for others and am affiliated with those which do. I also sell and represent certain brands of pens.

This weekend I'm primarily using a Crocodile Outré, which is an homage to the Montblanc Bohème.

That pen has caught my attention...very attractive pen.

I don't own the MB version, so it's got me a bit more intrigued.

Will have to put it on my Chinese pen " wish list".

Confuzzled,

Richard.

That eBay listing you linked to says it's a JInhao, if you scroll down to look at the pictures in the body of the ad.

That eBay listing you linked to says it's a JInhao, if you scroll down to look at the pictures in the body of the ad.

It doesn't have a Jinhao logo or any Jinhao marks.

One thing I have noticed today (day 3 of use) is that a fair bit of the black paint is coming off. Not good for durability.

Richard.

It doesn't have a Jinhao logo or any Jinhao marks.

One thing I have noticed today (day 3 of use) is that a fair bit of the black paint is coming off. Not good for durability.

Richard.

Although my supplier can get Yiren pens but after hearing this, I think I will not get any. I am waiting for the review of the K356. cool.gif

From The Sunny Island of Singapore

Straits Pen Distributors and Dealers of Craft Rinkul, JB Perfect Pen Flush, Ohto Japan, Parker, Pelikan, Pilot Pen, Private Reserve Inks, Schrade Tactical Pens, Smith & Wesson Pens, Noodler's Ink LLC Pens, TWSBI Inc and Waterman in Singapore

Disclosure: I do nib work for others and am affiliated with those which do. I also sell and represent certain brands of pens.

I seem to be a bit overwhelmed with Sonnet clones today..

I've got the Sonnet, a Baoer 388, a Duke 209, a Hero 5020 and a Kaigelu 356 with me today. I have a review of them all going together at the moment, just want the photos. Now, I've been using a Parker from my first real pen at the age of 8, so I'm finding it hard to recommend a Kaigelu 356 in preference to the bottom of the range Parker Sonnet, but I have to.

Regards,

Richard

I got a Jinhao 500 in the mail the other day - I think it's probably one of the less garish and flashy Chinese pens around. I think the barrel shape and blind cap are meant to be something of a nod to Pelikan. At least that's what it reminds me of.

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/Share.Enjoy/jinhao-500-02b.jpg

Ink flow was good out of the box - a bit on the dry side, but constant. It was really scratchy on the side stroke due to a misaligned nib tine (I guess you can't expect quality control from a $2 pen), but is quite smooth after a bit of gentle persuasion with a thumbnail. :thumbup:

Not a bad 'throwaway' pen to take with me to work.