What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Recieved my new Jinhao Century in blue celluloid late yesterday. Really enjoying it today!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still on the Duke Chaplin and getting used to its weight slowly. It's a beautiful writer, this is my first Chinese pen and I'm very impressed with it.

Next pay day, I think I am going to order a Duke D2.

Unit them, I will be using the Jinhao Century.

Thanks, Richard, for the review, which encouraged me to buy it!

I have zero clue what this pen actually is, but I got it here: http://www.amazon.com/Screw-Filler-0-25mm-Student-Fountain/dp/B005GJ4NQW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

It has some chinese characters on it, but other than the one that means Moon or Month (the second character) I don't recognize them. So much for my single semester of Chinese like a decade ago! In between the characters it says 931A

Surprisingly nice little pen really, and it came with a coupon that let me order two more for only $3.99 shipped. Smallish but has nice weight, good smooth writer. Posts well if you need the extra length, but I don't usually bother. The only downsides I can see are:

1. The shiny grip tends to get ink all over it when you fill (because of the hooded shape), and if you don't have a paper towel or some blotting paper close at hand it'll be too messy to write after a refill.

2. The converter inside holds a lot less ink than, say, a Lamy converter, so I find myself having to refill often.

Next pay day, I think I am going to order a Duke D2.

Unit them, I will be using the Jinhao Century.

Thanks, Richard, for the review, which encouraged me to buy it!

ParkerNutter, glad you are enjoying it. I must admit that mine has seen a lot of use recently.

Regards,

Richard.

Another success from ebay seller share.enjoy. Cindy came through again, my Jinhao legend of the dragon arrived today resplendent in a lovely wooden box and bamboo roll. The pen is wonderful. very well made and not heavy at all considering it is largely metal. Though It is back heavy if posted. Nib is broad but more like my medium nibbled 149, smooth with wonderful feedback, just a perfect everyday writer.

I must say these Chinese pens really impress me, great value and I have not had a duff writer yet!

Here is a shot I grabbed off the web of the colour I have. Will post a review and more pictures this weekend!

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm225/ianmedium/jinhao-1200-04b.jpg

All the best.

Ian

Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock, Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia Limited editon 410/1000, Sheaffer imperial 777, Prker 51 special, Parker Duofold senior special, Stipula Tuscany dreams piston with 1.1 italic 036/351, incoming: Stipula Tuscany dreams T-flex. Parker 51 Vac, Pelikan 140. Aurora, Twsbi vac, Omas,dupont Waterman leMan 100 Opera

Thanks to you guys I've just ordered a Baoer 79 and Bookworm 675 from Cindy on eBay. Where's the best place for Kaigelu? And which Jinhao do I start with??

Which is best for Kaigelu?

Good question. If going for a 316 to start with, then probably 'PMStylus' on E-Bay. For some of the others 'YesPens' is good (with 'YC Gao' embroidered on the background fabric). For the lower end Kaigelus, then 'boli0001' is good, and the mid/top range ones then 'New Trust'. Changes almost weekly though.

Best Jinhao? Well personally I'd recommend a Jinhao Century Mk2, or the very very pretty Jinhao 5000 (I have reviewed both if you want to look for them in the review section). I hope to get a Jinhao 3000 sometime with a tiger filigree. For Jinhao's 'comeon1788' and his alter ego 'combinedshipping' seem good, though delivey is slow.

Regards,

Richard.

My limited experience on eBay seems to indicate "YCPens" was a little faster shipping than "combinedshipping".

But they are both "top rated", so I would order from either one again.

Now I've seen another pen that's caught my eye, the Crocodile CR28....

Hmmm, as I once read on FPN, some many pens, so little time....

i fitted my SS Jinhao x750 with a "M" Knox nib and now is working fine -it's the one i've been using today.

Today's pen is the TWSBI Diamond 540 clear demonstrator with EF nib, inked up with Iroshizuku Kiri-Same (autocorrect on the iPhone hated that!!!)

Anyone want to play with 2 inexpensive Chinese pens? Both write smooth fine lines, but dry out too quickly for my taste or patience. Best for someone who wants to tweak the nibs slightly.

Both are Free to one good home. Shipping within US only.

-baoer 523, medium nib (writes like f or almost xf)

-jinhao 602, fine nib (writes like xf)

See descriptions at http://www.stationeryart.com/writing-instruments-fountain-c-21_24.html

PM me (please do not reply to this thread) with your name and mailing address. And, for fun, let me know your favorite pen and ink.

Anyone want to play with 2 inexpensive Chinese pens? Both write smooth fine lines, but dry out too quickly for my taste or patience. Best for someone who wants to tweak the nibs slightly.

Both are Free to one good home. Shipping within US only.

-baoer 523, medium nib (writes like f or almost xf)

-jinhao 602, fine nib (writes like xf)

See descriptions at http://www.stationeryart.com/writing-instruments-fountain-c-21_24.html

PM me (please do not reply to this thread) with your name and mailing address. And, for fun, let me know your favorite pen and ink.

Awww, why do I have to live in the UK???! :unsure:

Today is the TWSBI 540 again

... Anyone for another trip report? Nothing much new except an interesting find at the Japanese Departmental Store in Shanghai and the Haolilai Wholesaler details.

I enjoyed your previous reports, so I vote " yes". Thanks!

Pulling all the details together. Back in Singapore and my schedule this week is crazy. Will be going to the LA/San Francisco next weekend. Still thinking which pen I should be using this week.

From The Sunny Island of Singapore

Straits Pen Distributors and Dealers of Craft Rinkul, JB Perfect Pen Flush, Ohto Japan, Parker, Pelikan, Pilot Pen, Private Reserve Inks, Schrade Tactical Pens, Smith & Wesson Pens, Noodler's Ink LLC Pens, TWSBI Inc and Waterman in Singapore

Disclosure: I do nib work for others and am affiliated with those which do. I also sell and represent certain brands of pens.