• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks so much again for your help folks, think I will go with Yespens!

All the best.

Ian

Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock, Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia Limited editon 410/1000, Sheaffer imperial 777, Prker 51 special, Parker Duofold senior special, Stipula Tuscany dreams piston with 1.1 italic 036/351, incoming: Stipula Tuscany dreams T-flex. Parker 51 Vac, Pelikan 140. Aurora, Twsbi vac, Omas,dupont Waterman leMan 100 Opera

I'm using the Jinhao Century Mk2 pen today.

Interestingly, looking on the YCPens E-Bay site, the Blue & Black versions are Mk2's and the White & Red are Mk1's. Both being sold through the same sale.

My wife has bought severeral Kaigelus from YCPens quite happily.

Regards,

Richard.

I am sporting a Wing Sung 322 ... Hope to get the good pics made today ...

I just made my first order with them so well see ....

Just need a bit of help fellow Chinese Pen users. Does anyone have experience of the ebay sellers YESPENS and YCPENS? They have 100% feedback just wanted to make sure their hero pens are the real deal, thanks in advance!

Just bought the Yiren 823 hope it is as good as they say ... I have to stop reading this thread I am spending too much money ...

Today it's a Hero 336 courtesy of speerbob. Similar to a Hero 100, with a hooded nib. But the nib is steel, and the hood has the Starfleet insignia on it aligned with the nib. This one is burgundy with a gold-colored cap.

The aerometric-style filler fills well with or without removing the metal guard tube, and the pen writes superbly: very smooth, very consistent feed, no need at all for pressure.

ron

Just need a bit of help fellow Chinese Pen users. Does anyone have experience of the ebay sellers YESPENS and YCPENS? They have 100% feedback just wanted to make sure their hero pens are the real deal, thanks in advance!

I've used YCPENS. His merchandise was exactly as advertised, shipped quickly (to me in the SE USA), well protected, and I received tracking info. I plan to order from him again.

My policy on eBay, when ordering direct from China, is to only order from the "top rated" sellers.

I think both the vendors that you mentioned fit that profile.

Edited by ParkerNutter

This is good stuff ... I just ordered from him ... Thanks for the info

Scott

I've used YCPENS. His merchandise was exactly as advertised, shipped quickly (to me in the SE USA), well protected, and I received tracking info. I plan to order from him again.

My policy on eBay, when ordering direct from China, is to only order from the "top rated" sellers.

I think both the vendors that you mentioned fit that profile.

Thanks Parkernutter. Still not made my order yet and it is good to hear of your experience, he happens to be a few dollars cheaper as well!

All the best.

Ian

Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock, Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia Limited editon 410/1000, Sheaffer imperial 777, Prker 51 special, Parker Duofold senior special, Stipula Tuscany dreams piston with 1.1 italic 036/351, incoming: Stipula Tuscany dreams T-flex. Parker 51 Vac, Pelikan 140. Aurora, Twsbi vac, Omas,dupont Waterman leMan 100 Opera

Just been looking at my recent pen usage.

I have actually been using my Chinese pens at least as often as my more expensive pens. I really seem to treat the Kaigelu 316 as a genuine alternative to the Centennial and the Jinhao Century Mk2 as an alternative to my International when I want to use a different colour. And I have to confess that I use my Kaigelu 319 & 323 in preference to the FPN Etruria, this despite the fact that I theoretically prefer the 1.1i nibs to mediums. I haven't yet found a hooded nib pen that I'll use along side the P51/61, just wish could get medium/broad nibbed Chinese hooded nib pens.

Anyway, today I have a K323 and Jinhao Century Mk2 with me.

Regards,

Richard.

Just got my Kaigelu 356 rollerball (Parker Sonnet clone but nicer, if you can believe it).

I think this is the smoothest pen I'v ever used, even smoother than the Jetstream, and smoother than any fp. As a plus, it can even accept Jetstream refills.

That's interesting Bicfan, I've not touched the 356, but would like to compare it with my Sonnet. I have a Hero 5020 which is the Hero 'homage' to the Sonnet, but it really isn't a very good pen. The Kaigelu pens I've got mostly seem to be the best quality I've seen from the Chinese makers (not tried a Duke, though), so it'd be interesting to see the 356.

Regards,

Richard.

That's interesting Bicfan, I've not touched the 356, but would like to compare it with my Sonnet. I have a Hero 5020 which is the Hero 'homage' to the Sonnet, but it really isn't a very good pen. The Kaigelu pens I've got mostly seem to be the best quality I've seen from the Chinese makers (not tried a Duke, though), so it'd be interesting to see the 356.

Regards,

Richard.

I am still in China and would be picking up a few things (As in a rather large number of pens) before I fly back to Singapore. I am willing to send you a Kaigelu 356 just to have a go at one and do a proper review by snail mail. I barely get time to rest and I will be off again to the USA in 1 1/2 weeks. Anyone for another trip report? Nothing much new except an interesting find at the Japanese Departmental Store in Shanghai and the Haolilai Wholesaler details.

From The Sunny Island of Singapore

Straits Pen Distributors and Dealers of Craft Rinkul, JB Perfect Pen Flush, Ohto Japan, Parker, Pelikan, Pilot Pen, Private Reserve Inks, Schrade Tactical Pens, Smith & Wesson Pens, Noodler's Ink LLC Pens, TWSBI Inc and Waterman in Singapore

Disclosure: I do nib work for others and am affiliated with those which do. I also sell and represent certain brands of pens.

I am still in China and would be picking up a few things (As in a rather large number of pens) before I fly back to Singapore. I am willing to send you a Kaigelu 356 just to have a go at one and do a proper review by snail mail. I barely get time to rest and I will be off again to the USA in 1 1/2 weeks. Anyone for another trip report? Nothing much new except an interesting find at the Japanese Departmental Store in Shanghai and the Haolilai Wholesaler details.

PM sent

Richard.

Hero 9063: A nice looking and good writer. Purchased from Guangzhou, few weeks back.

Abhik

Just inked up my new Duke Chaplin with BSB, seems to write nicely!!

Being a fan of the world's most wanted pen: a Hero 329 and a Hero 336. Lovely writers and the right size and weight for me. I do hope Hero will go on making these - when nobody else will....

... Anyone for another trip report? Nothing much new except an interesting find at the Japanese Departmental Store in Shanghai and the Haolilai Wholesaler details.

I enjoyed your previous reports, so I vote " yes". Thanks!