What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

A brand spanking new Kaigelu 316 with Noodler Dr. Zhivago. Perhaps the only bold nib Chinese pen I have ever come across. Bold wet and comfortable.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ordered mine 2 days ago .. good to hear I didn't throw my money away. Thanks for the info. Now waiting for it to arrive in who knows how many weeks.

Got a recent release from Jinhao in the mail today; the Jinhao 159. This thing is bloody enormous. Virtually the same size and weight as the MB 149. Looks like a 149, also. All for $11.00 USD. Comes with a converter and a larger stainless steel nib. Smooth writer.

post-34566-0-41395600-1328220318.jpg

--

cuza

I don't think it's a coincidence that Jinhao (SHANGHAI QIANGU STATIONERY CO., LTD) named this pen the model 159. . .

I have both a Jinhao Century Mk1 & Mk2. The Mk2 is quite a bit nicer.

Regards,

Richard.

Still waiting for my new Jinhao Mk 2 Century to arrive. According to the tracking info, it's in the US now, but still a week away from delivery.

Guess I'll just have to be patient! ( grrrrr)

My ivory white Jinhao x750. A pleasant surprise, I like its looks and the way it writes.

I decided to order another one (in a different color).

A Baoer 517 blue with a 18K gold plated medium

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane.”

Graham Greene

Everyday I carry a Guanleming Jinrong 610 in black plastic. I have it loaded with Diamine Sepia.

Do not let old pens lay around in a drawer, get them working and give them to a new fountain pen user.

Jinhao 159. I love the size and the timeless cigar shape :)

+1

This pen has blown me away. It is a large pen that feels great in the hand. I have it loaded with Lamy Blue and it writes better than most of my other pens (including many that cost much, much more).

It is a wet, broad nib that reminds me of a Lamy 2000; it is just too smooth. For the price you can not go wrong.

This makes up for all of the others that were very disappointing.

Do or do not, there is no try. . .

I also got the 159 a while ago, and find it a smooth and pleasnt writer, a bit on the wet side. Large, nice finish, and the only complaint I have is that the threadings are a bit schratchy. I currently run it on a cartridge (some Diamine, not quite sure about the color as it is one of a box of test cartridges). Overall I am surprisingly well satisfied, given the cost of the pen.

The same goes for another Jinhao, the X750, which I keep at home. Looks very well in some sort of bone white/off white (not sure what its called).

Regards,

LBj

Got a recent release from Jinhao in the mail today; the Jinhao 159. This thing is bloody enormous. Virtually the same size and weight as the MB 149. Looks like a 149, also. All for $11.00 USD. Comes with a converter and a larger stainless steel nib. Smooth writer.

post-34566-0-41395600-1328220318.jpg

--

cuza

I don't think it's a coincidence that Jinhao (SHANGHAI QIANGU STATIONERY CO., LTD) named this pen the model 159. . .

Favorite of the day: Nakaya Naka-ai Heki tame.

Still waiting for my new Jinhao Mk 2 Century to arrive. According to the tracking info, it's in the US now, but still a week away from delivery.

Guess I'll just have to be patient! ( grrrrr)

Aye, mine took well nigh a month to arrive. I've just ordered a Halushali Dolce Vita (or however you spell the name), for a grand price of £3.51 ($5.60) inc post to the UK, hope it doesn't take quite that long.

Todays pen is a Kaigelu 323. Still need to review it. Love the blue in the cap and loose a fair bit of thinking time just gazing at it. Sad really.

Regards,

Richard.

Hero 1000 Parker 51 lookalike. Very smooth, well made pen; good flow and starts every time.

John

Favourite pens in my collection (in alpha order): Caran d'Ache Ecridor Chevron F and Leman Black/Silver F; Parker 51 Aerometric M and F; Parker 61 Insignia M, Parker Duofold Senior F; Platinum #3776 Century M; Sailor 1911 Black/Gold 21 Kt M; Sheaffer Crest Palladium M/F; Sheaffer Prelude Silver/Palladium Snakeskin Pattern F; Waterman Carene Deluxe Silver F

Today i've scribbled a bit with a lacquered black Jinhao X450 with Medium nib. It also looks like MontBlanc 149 and the nib very smooth. Btw today i weighed it, 45 grams (a bit heavy)

Verba volant, scripta manet...

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

I got my Jinhao 159 yesterday. Flushed it out really well and then filled it with Noodlers Texas Blue Bonnet. It was a good day using it all day. It's oversize so it feels good in my hand. I am glad I found it on the hisnibs web site.

Just need a bit of help fellow Chinese Pen users. Does anyone have experience of the ebay sellers YESPENS and YCPENS? They have 100% feedback just wanted to make sure their hero pens are the real deal, thanks in advance!

Edited by ianmedium

All the best.

Ian

Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock, Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia Limited editon 410/1000, Sheaffer imperial 777, Prker 51 special, Parker Duofold senior special, Stipula Tuscany dreams piston with 1.1 italic 036/351, incoming: Stipula Tuscany dreams T-flex. Parker 51 Vac, Pelikan 140. Aurora, Twsbi vac, Omas,dupont Waterman leMan 100 Opera

80's vintage Youth Parker 51 clone with current production Parker Quink blue.

Just need a bit of help fellow Chinese Pen users. Does anyone have experience of the ebay sellers YESPENS and YCPENS? They have 100% feedback just wanted to make sure their hero pens are the real deal, thanks in advance!

hi, Ian.

i have bought from both problem free.

my only issue with YCPENS is that he sent the items registered mail and i had to drive to the post ofice to pick it up, cos' i missed the mailman when he delivered :embarrassed_smile: . the postman never rings twice :blink: .... well, they just don't ring. they just drop the pick up slip in the mail box. lazy bums! :lol:

edited: never ordered a Hero from them, though.

Edited by lovemy51

Hero 2019 brown tortoise, fine nib with Noodler #41 old style ink. #41 may be a bit too wet for the pen as it is writing very juicy at the moment, but I just filled it so I hope it will dry out a little.

hi, Ian.

i have bought from both problem free.

my only issue with YCPENS is that he sent the items registered mail and i had to drive to the post ofice to pick it up, cos' i missed the mailman when he delivered :embarrassed_smile: . the postman never rings twice :blink: .... well, they just don't ring. they just drop the pick up slip in the mail box. lazy bums! :lol:

edited: never ordered a Hero from them, though.

Thanks so much for the advice, I think you and I have the same postmanheadsmack.gif I might pay the extra $4 and go with yes pens then just so i don't have the hassle. Got my eye on the Hero 1000

All the best.

Ian

Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock, Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia Limited editon 410/1000, Sheaffer imperial 777, Prker 51 special, Parker Duofold senior special, Stipula Tuscany dreams piston with 1.1 italic 036/351, incoming: Stipula Tuscany dreams T-flex. Parker 51 Vac, Pelikan 140. Aurora, Twsbi vac, Omas,dupont Waterman leMan 100 Opera

I've had great service with YesPens, including great comms. I accidentally ordered normal 616s when I wanted jumbos, and he cancelled the transaction so I could change it.

YesPens is the seller with the nice pictorial guide on how to spot real and fake 616s.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

Haven't reported in a while, been sick, been busy, been using a Baoer 388 for the past two weeks. Love the styling, shape, color, nib, everything about this pen. Aside from my TWSBI's this has become my favorite pen.

I have also used my Jinhao X750 for a few signatures.