What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Jinhao 159. I love the size and the timeless cigar shape :)

Edited by keepitfresh

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind -Romans 12:2

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today:

Wing Sung 234, Wing Sung 233, Guanleming 2001 demonstrator, Hero 616.

A stainless steel/gold trim no-name (or at least I haven't found out who made it) that had a rusted-out nib :yikes: - until my Waterman Maestro turned out to have a fracture somewhere inside the section, making it leak like a sieve. That nib's now in the Chinese pen. It writes beautifully!

Luckily I've found a matching replacement Maestro too. A lovely pen, and I was a bit sad over finding the first one to be dead...

Derk

"The scientific name of an animal that does not either fight or flee from it's enemies is 'Lunch'"

i could not post here yesterday, so: yesterday i was using the Lily BP/FP combo. the cap came off in my suit jacket inner pocket and guess what happened............ big-o DCSSB ink spot on the inside liner. thank goodness it didn't bleed thru!!! :headsmack:

Edited by lovemy51

Still occasionally using a Haolilai 601F, fantastic pen. Really like the way it writes I just wish the section was a bit longer or the nib a bit bigger, I feel like my hand is too close to the page.

How was the nib on yours? Mine was a bit skippy. Wondering if I should take another chance, or maybe even go for some aftermarket nibs.

Will empty the Dolce Vita Naranja today. Except for one incident of ink starvation due to ink getting trapped in the top of the converter (maybe because of the plastic sphere they put in to prevent that from happening, ironically enough--don't make the sphere out of hydrophobic plastic!)the pen has written beautifully from first stroke to last drop. And given that it is a fairly wet M nib, it has gotten quite a few pages out of one converter.

I'm pleased.

ron

How was the nib on yours? Mine was a bit skippy. Wondering if I should take another chance, or maybe even go for some aftermarket nibs.

I have two 159 and both have been perfect writers! One of my favourite pens.

A stainless steel/gold trim no-name (or at least I haven't found out who made it) that had a rusted-out nib :yikes: - until my Waterman Maestro turned out to have a fracture somewhere inside the section, making it leak like a sieve. That nib's now in the Chinese pen. It writes beautifully!

Luckily I've found a matching replacement Maestro too. A lovely pen, and I was a bit sad over finding the first one to be dead...

Derk

The Maestro is COOL. And what a nib.

Today, rinsed and refilled My Official Noodler's Bad Green Gator pen, the green Hero 329. Love that ink/pen combo.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Baoer "Skywalker" with smooth and juicy M-F nib, filled with Diamine Green-Black :)

Got a recent release from Jinhao in the mail today; the Jinhao 159. This thing is bloody enormous. Virtually the same size and weight as the MB 149. Looks like a 149, also. All for $11.00 USD. Comes with a converter and a larger stainless steel nib. Smooth writer.

post-34566-0-41395600-1328220318.jpg

--

cuza

I don't think it's a coincidence that Jinhao (SHANGHAI QIANGU STATIONERY CO., LTD) named this pen the model 159. . .

I am eagerly waitning on one of these as well. I can't wait.

Edited by JohnEbach

I have a couple of spares now :embarrassed_smile: , in addition to my first, and they all write perfectly, too. Somewhere near the top of the league, IMO, in terms of value for money.

I have a couple of spares now :embarrassed_smile: , in addition to my first, and they all write perfectly, too. Somewhere near the top of the league, IMO, in terms of value for money.

They are great value for money! I may have to get a couple of spares, as the cap on one of mine is loose. I wish they had more colours!