What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Just came in from india post office. Straight from China.

Excellent smooth writing experience.

Only problem I encountered was the tight slip on cap, a bit tight for the plastic section, easily gets scratched.

But overall, a pleasant OTB experience post-132614-0-02873100-1502176000_thumb.jpg

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On rotation today is my GLM ( Guanleming ) 905 , a pen just a teeny bit larger than the Jinhao X750 but with sturdy plastic construction , screw on cap and a no.6 nib , there is originally black silk screen printed legend on the cap band but some wore off over time so I eventually just took them all off and its actually looking even better. There is a plain black version of this.

36336825141_d29cbffada_k.jpgGLM 905 by Mech for i, on Flickr

Edited by Mech-for-i

Among others, today I am using a Hero 68.

I haven't used it for a while and again, you tend to forget how good pens are when you don't use them for a period.

It's a really nice pen and has excellent balance.

inked with diamine midnight.

Ian

Mech-for-i, Anuvra, Helen, Stefan, sweet photographs.

Bluey, "wetter than an otter's pocket". Hilarious. New turns of phrase are one of the great unsung benefits of FPN.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

1) Wing Sung , 220 ,F - Nib ;

2) Wing Sung , 235 ,M - Nib.

post-134601-0-84271700-1502749399_thumb.jpg

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

From bottom to top:

Baoer 517 black inked with D. Midnight

Cocodile 806 Amber inked with D. Pumpkin with a touch of Ancient Copper

Hero 901 inked with D. Blood Orange -totally love this ink!

Picasso 917 inked with D. Sherwood Green

36632334705_427bb54a7d.jpgToday's purse pens by Richila, on Flickr

Edited by richila

Hero 193# , a rather hefty one this is, all metal construction ; to be honest I didn't even know I had one of these when I chance upon it this morning in my cache when doing routine cleaning / maintenance on some others ; I do not even have any recollection when and how I got this one ... lol ... I figure I would have it inked for current rotation

36267412650_b4aa772416_o.jpgHero 193# by Mech for i, on Flickr

Just picked up another Wing Sung 698 from the post office, this time an extra fine demonstrator with ivory accents.

I really enjoyed my first 698, fine nib, but this one I love. Silky smooth nib with just a hint of feedback. Just cannot recommend it highly enough.

Made the decision to swap out the nib on my Kiagelu 316 for an extra fine from Beaufort's, if it is half as good as the Wing Sung I am going to be a happy chappy.

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures

A Jinhao X450 in black, with Parker Black.

I cannot understand how they can make such a good quality durable item for so little money.

Received my first Wing Sung 698 M nib...this nib on this pen is awesome!

Immediately ordered a demonstrator....

Hero 616 (Jumbo) Golden Cap

Hero 616 (Jumbo) Golden Cap- It is a Fountain Pen with a hooded nib .

Length 14,5 cm ,

Filling System - It is aerometric ,

Color - Plastic barrel in burgundy red and metal cap , with a burgundy red plastic section, with a ink widow .

Nib - A fine hooded nib .

Ink - Pelikan 4001, Royal Blue .

post-134601-0-05650600-1503686681_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

Hero 616 - 2 (Red)

Hero 616 - 2 - It is a Fountain Pen with a hooded nib .

Length 13,5 cm ,

Color - Plastic barrel in red and metal cap , with a red plastic section and a with a ink widow .

post-134601-0-09526100-1503741879_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

Weekend and I am having all day inside cause we have a hurricane passing by ; spend the time finishing up my restoration of some old pens and here's the Wing Sung 2100 in camel finish inked up for current rotation

36002111474_8de6c5d7ab_h.jpgWing Sung ( Lucky ) 2100 by Mech for i, on Flickr

Hero 329 - Golden Cap

Hero 329 - Golden Cap- It is a Fountain Pen with a hooded nib .

Length 14 cm ,

Color - Plastic barrel in burgundy red , with a metal cap , and a burgundy red plastic section .

post-134601-0-58393200-1503831176_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

Weekend and I am having all day inside cause we have a hurricane passing by ; spend the time finishing up my restoration of some old pens and here's the Wing Sung 2100 in camel finish inked up for current rotation

36002111474_8de6c5d7ab_h.jpgWing Sung ( Lucky ) 2100 by Mech for i, on Flickr

That's another fine looking pen Mech-for-i.

Is it a currently available pen, or is it a long gone oldie?

Ian

Ionut - Marius

Ian, the Wing Sung 2100 is an old late 90's original Wing Sung, while its not current, its not really hard to find NOS stock, the burgundy is certainly plenty around, the other 3 color less so, ( camel is a bit scarce but if you look around they are there, black is hard to find, and teal is nowhere to be found ), got the old Wing Sung c/c fill aerometric converter but since its old Wing Sung one can substitute a modern day intl' converter. There is version with inscription on the cap with either Wing Sung or Lucky, the nib AFAIK always come embossed Lucky. it will sometime be listed just as Lucky 2100

Mind that, this pen, for its age almost always will require a total redo of the section nib end trim ring since the resin holding are likely to had dry put and crack and ink will start to leak around that trim ring. This is a design that place the lip of the trim ring further ahead of the actual section ( what you see on the outside is the exterior sleeve, and both trim rings, the real section is behind all of this ) if you decide to get one, the first thing first is to get the end trim ring off ( hot water bath ) and re assemble with generous amount of silicone grease ). Ah ... the trim ring is a screw on, not a push on.

Edited by Mech-for-i