What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Using two pens today - one from India (Gama ED) and the Jinhao X450 with B. Nib. Using Sheaffer Skrip Red in my Jinhao. I want to thank Richila, Guardy and InkVisible for your kind remarks. fpn_1490978159__jinhaox450redblackperfec

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WingSung 590, a big oversize pen yet pretty lightweight. The Jinhao 159 is small in comparison.

fpn_1490986700__img_2581.jpg

This is the first pen I do not want to post, I do post my Jinhao 159 pens, but on the 590 it really feels like complete overkill.

Unfortunately it needs a little bit of TLC having been stored in warehouses in China for 20+ years but others reports it is a very good writer once the feed has been cleaned properly.

I gave my WS 590 a clean then a good spray with Glen 20. After a week or so the smell had pretty well disappeared.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

I wrote several pages with my Wing Sung 590 today. It's not a beauty, but it's a good writer with a massive ink capacity. I have smoothed it very slightly with mylar and filled it with Lamy Blue. The smell seemed to be in the sac. After a few fillings, it dissipates.

Helen, I wish I could thank you for your photos, but they're getting expensive. 😊

Did that broad nib come with the Jinhao X450, or did you change it?

I wrote several pages with my Wing Sung 590 today. It's not a beauty, but it's a good writer with a massive ink capacity. I have smoothed it very slightly with mylar and filled it with Lamy Blue. The smell seemed to be in the sac. After a few fillings, it dissipates.

Helen, I wish I could thank you for your photos, but they're getting expensive.

Did that broad nib come with the Jinhao X450, or did you change it?

Yes, it came with a broad nib. Thank goodness they are not MB Meisterstucks at $900+

JINHAO X450 CORAL RED AND GOLDEN FOUNTAIN PEN BROAD NIB WITH BLACK STRIPE

Thank you for the link, and the beautiful picture. I am going to sleep on it.

Who am I kidding here? Sold!

Hero 616 (small version)

Hero 616 (small) - It is a Fountain Pen with a hooded nib .

Length 12,5 cm ,

Filling System - It is aerometric ,

Color - Plastic barrel in black and metal cap , with a black plastic section, with a ink widow .

Nib - A fine to medium hooded nib .

Ink - Pelikan 4001, Royal Blue .

post-134601-0-12060400-1491054531_thumb.jpg

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

Jinhao 159, medium nib, with Diamine Shimmertastc Lilac Satin. This model does well with glittery inks. I do roll the pen to distribute the sparkle,although it does not show up in the picture. Paper is a Jot composition book from Dollar Tree, made in India.

post-135679-0-88854100-1491092832_thumb.jpg

Jinhao 159, medium nib, with Diamine Shimmertastc Lilac Satin. This model does well with glittery inks. I do roll the pen to distribute the sparkle,although it does not show up in the picture. Paper is a Jot composition book from Dollar Tree, made in India.

I love the purple Jinhao 159, and with Shimmertastic ink. :wub: Nice combo. I know you flush your pen thoroughly after working with the Shimmertastic inks.

Hero 616 (Jumbo) Doctor

Hero 616 (Jumbo) - It is a Fountain Pen with a hooded nib .

Length 14,5 cm ,

Filling System - It is aerometric ,

Color - Plastic barrel in burgundy red and metal cap , with a burgundy red plastic section, with a ink widow .

Nib - A fine to medium hooded nib .

Ink - Pelikan 4001, Royal Blue .

post-134601-0-08712900-1491127247_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Ionut - Marius

Helen, I find the Shimmertastics rinse out of the 159 pretty easily with just water. I just refilled this one with Lilac Satin and didn't bother with the flush. The world still seems to be turning, and the ink is still coming out of the pen. I am lazy. I have more trouble with not having sparkles when I want them than having sparkles where I don't want them. This leads to lots of shaking and rolling of the pen between sentences. My two year old granddaughter now does this with her crayons. 😂

Stefan, I love my Chinese pens, but hooded nibs do nothing for me. Am I missing a great writing experience?

Inkvisibly yours,

Margaret

Helen, I find the Shimmertastics rinse out of the 159 pretty easily with just water. I just refilled this one with Lilac Satin and didn't bother with the flush. The world still seems to be turning, and the ink is still coming out of the pen. I am lazy. I have more trouble with not having sparkles when I want them than having sparkles where I don't want them. This leads to lots of shaking and rolling of the pen between sentences. My two year old granddaughter now does this with her crayons.

Stefan, I love my Chinese pens, but hooded nibs do nothing for me. Am I missing a great writing experience?

Inkvisibly yours,

Margaret

Each person may have different preferences, regarding the type of pen he or she used , if you have used hooded nib type pen's before and you not liked the experience, i guess you do not miss anything. If you have not used this type of pen's before you could try one and see if you like this type of pen or not . I used this type of pen all my life and compared with classical fountain pens the hooded nib pen type works better for me , but for signatures the classic type fountain pen's are better for my, that is what I learn, from recent experiences .

Edited by Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Ionut - Marius

Helen, I find the Shimmertastics rinse out of the 159 pretty easily with just water. I just refilled this one with Lilac Satin and didn't bother with the flush. The world still seems to be turning, and the ink is still coming out of the pen. I am lazy. I have more trouble with not having sparkles when I want them than having sparkles where I don't want them. This leads to lots of shaking and rolling of the pen between sentences. My two year old granddaughter now does this with her crayons.

Inkvisibly yours,

Margaret

Margaret,

I gave away my first hooded nib, but fell in love with the Baoer 701. The Baoer is so smooth that I had to buy a second one so that my husband wouldn't steal mine.

Today, I am using 3 Baoer 517s, Baoer701, Crocodile 806, and Delike Alpha.

Stefan and Richila, maybe I should give hooded nibs another try. I was living in New Mexico last time I tried one, and it just wasn't a reliable starter. It might have been the dry desert climate. I will look around. And check out that Baoer 701.

Today I have used a tiger eye Kaigelu 316 with Diamine Majestic Blue.

Helen, beautiful body and ink color for that Jinhao x750! What is the ink?

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Helen, beautiful body and ink color for that Jinhao x750! What is the ink?

Diamine Burnt Sienna. I felt the copper color of the Jinhao would make a good match for this ink.

Another seller calls this rose golden.

I just gave one of my Jinhao x450's a new nib:

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/Pen%20and%20Writing%20Stuff/img009.jpg

I love how cheap and easily available the x450 nibs are - perfect for messing around with.

No picture of the pen, though, because my camera charger went MIA. Again.

This evening using the Hero 9096 - M. Nib. Blackstone Barrier Reef Blue. Very nice writer, with minimal feedback. Good ink flow.fpn_1491442683__hero9096penb4517.jpg

fpn_1491443014__hero90964517.jpg