• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I snapped the tipping off a decent but boring Jinhao nib a few days ago, as the pen wrote too wet for my tastes - too wet to make my favorite inks look good, in fact. It worked just fine, but longer passages of writing looked a bit like a drowned rat.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/Pen%20and%20Writing%20Stuff/DSC_0047_1.jpg

The result (after less than 5 minutes of micromesh) is exceptional - the pen in question is a green marble Jinhao x450 inked with Pelikan 4001 dark green, and it writes buttery smooth, despite very little polishing and a very crisp italic nib. The ink flow keeps up extremely well, too - it's still a very wet writer. I love it, and I've hardly touched another pen since ;)

(sorry for the lack of pen photos; the nib didn't photograph well - nor did the pen. Also, please excuse the shoddy handwriting; I didn't focus on what I was doing and couldn't be bothered to write that again.)

This evening's writing is being done with a Jinhao X750 - B. Nib. Private Reserve Avocado.fpn_1488343457__jinhaox750pink3.jpg

I'm using my newly arrived, Kaigelu 316 in Charcoal Grey with replacement finial.

20170301_152802.jpg

I received a unknown brand and model pen today but it is a very close clone to the Kailegu 316:

post-129310-0-90501300-1488448685_thumb.jpg

It was sold to me as a Shulong (aka bookworm) 675 and I posted a review of it.

To my surprise, I like to write with it.

Baoer 79 in basic black. (Not to be mistaken for the real Starwalker.) Love the old-fashioned grip; well balanced; nib smooth and wet; bubble on top silly, but what do you expect for a $2?

Hero 328 - Inked with Chesterfield Antique Oxford. Preparing teaching notes for class.fpn_1488306577__hero32822817.jpg

I snapped the tipping off a decent but boring Jinhao nib a few days ago, as the pen wrote too wet for my tastes - too wet to make my favorite inks look good, in fact. It worked just fine, but longer passages of writing looked a bit like a drowned rat.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/Pen%20and%20Writing%20Stuff/DSC_0047_1.jpg

The result (after less than 5 minutes of micromesh) is exceptional - the pen in question is a green marble Jinhao x450 inked with Pelikan 4001 dark green, and it writes buttery smooth, despite very little polishing and a very crisp italic nib. The ink flow keeps up extremely well, too - it's still a very wet writer. I love it, and I've hardly touched another pen since ;)

(sorry for the lack of pen photos; the nib didn't photograph well - nor did the pen. Also, please excuse the shoddy handwriting; I didn't focus on what I was doing and couldn't be bothered to write that again.)

Both look like lovely writers. Do you have more pics of the writing Helen350?

Here is a pic of a writing sample. Nib feels a bit smoother than my 616s, yet, the nib appears the same. After inking I must make sure there is no excess ink on this nib. Have owned this pen for many years, however, only recently thought I would try using it. For preparing class notes, it is useful. For the most part this pen reminds me of the 616.fpn_1488860357__hero328writingsample.jpg

fpn_1488860428__hero328cap.jpg

I got some new pens today; a Picasso 915 and two more Wing Sung 322. I mostly used the former today, as that one's something completely new, while I already had a WS 322.

The Picasso 915 is a pretty sweet pen - it writes well, and it's stunningly beautiful. There are so many design details I love, from the broad filigree cap band, the interesting clip design and the pretty neat cap finial, to the fascinating nib design. It almost reminds me of my Delta Dolcevita Federico, except way prettier, way thinner and - unfortunately - at least twice as heavy.

/EDIT: Picture time!

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/Pen%20and%20Writing%20Stuff/DSC_0065%202.png

The ink is Diamine Oxblood, but the color is a few shades off in this picture.

Edited by Guardy

Here is a pic of a writing sample. Nib feels a bit smoother than my 616s, yet, the nib appears the same. After inking I must make sure there is no excess ink on this nib. Have owned this pen for many years, however, only recently thought I would try using it. For preparing class notes, it is useful. For the most part this pen reminds me of the 616.fpn_1488860357__hero328writingsample.jpg

fpn_1488860428__hero328cap.jpg

That is not the original barrel for the Hero 328 .

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

That is what i use :

Hero 340 , Hero 329 (old) , Hero 332 , Hero 336 , Hero 330 , Hero 007 , Hero 338 , Hero 616 ( small ) , Hero 616 (Jumbo) , Hero 616 - 2 , Wing Sung 220 , Wing Sung 235 , Wing Sung 612A , Wing Sung 712 .

Edited by Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Ionut - Marius

After a good micromesh treatment these Jinhao 159's are a pleasure to use, filled mainly with Diamine and Iroshuzuku ink.

It's amazing that these cheap fountain pens are so good writers.

post-27427-0-78194300-1489236845_thumb.jpg

After a good micromesh treatment these Jinhao 159's are a pleasure to use, filled mainly with Diamine and Iroshuzuku ink.

It's amazing that these cheap fountain pens are so good writers.

attachicon.gif5 - 159.jpg

They're looking good!!!

That is not the original barrel for the Hero 328 .

Interesting it is not the original. Wish I knew that back then, however, it does the job.

I have a pair of 328 pens like yours, at some point they changed the design, but they're still very nice.

I've also taken to using gel highlighters, they work nicely, and are very friendly to the thin paper used in most Bibles (minimal show through).

Today I'm using a clear Jinhao 599. I like fine lines.

That is what i use :

Hero 340 , Hero 329 (old) , Hero 332 , Hero 336 , Hero 330 , Hero 007 , Hero 338 , Hero 616 ( small ) , Hero 616 (Jumbo) , Hero 616 - 2 , Wing Sung 220 , Wing Sung 235 , Wing Sung 612A , Wing Sung 712 .

post-134601-0-41710700-1489338529_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

I have a pair of 328 pens like yours, at some point they changed the design, but they're still very nice.

I've also taken to using gel highlighters, they work nicely, and are very friendly to the thin paper used in most Bibles (minimal show through).

Today I'm using a clear Jinhao 599. I like fine lines.

Nice to know that the gel highlighters work well with thin paper. Though my Bible does not have thin pages, you can still see shadowing of the regular pink & blue highlighters. Trusting the gel highlighters will help. Also thanks for the clarification of the Hero 328. I have had mine vegetating for many years :lol:

fpn_1489375764__biblepage2.jpg