What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

playing with Jinhao 126 equipped with Pilot Blue-black

Crystal Clear Demonstrators are such marvels, each with their set of stories clearly written out for all to feast on.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/Pen%20and%20Writing%20Stuff/2016-04-08%2014.59.19.jpg

This beauty just arrived in the mail. I absolutely love it, the nib is so interesting.

Super late, off topic and I have no idea if you'll see this, but clear nail polish has a tendency to crack and discolor and it's relatively expensive in the grand scheme of things, so generally not the best choice.

I read an article about good sealants some time ago, but cannot seem to find it.

I've had some success with both clear and colored nail polish in sealing SOME leaky pens...and spectacular failures with others. Shellac, like Anderson and other dealers sell in a teeny bottle, may be next on my list.

Lots of Chinese pens in use and to test: Hero 616s with Sailor Do You, Iroshizuku Yama-Budo and Ajisai, a new-to-me 342 (at least I think that's the number, lol) with Iro Tsuyu-Kusa, and a gusher of a 329 I want to try with Pelikan BB. Because, y'know...dry ink.

And thinking of loading a 'Hero-Fari' with the wonderful blue-black carts it comes with.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

This thread is so long that I don't remember if I posted.

Baoer 388 flighter, with Noodlers Lexington Grey and Libety's Elysium.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Thought I would let folks know that went to the Daiso Japantown store in SF. Everything in the store is $1.50. Much different than the 99 cent stores or Dollar stores. I found a white metal fountain pen there for.....yup, $1.50. Probably Chinese made, no markings, a medium point, silver toned clip, and steel nib...what a steal. Writes like a medium and upside down a nice fine. I was expecting little and struck gold. Pretty buttery smooth and didn't have to zip it around my microgrit pad. I should have picked up a handful for gifts.....next time. :wub:

Check out this new flickr page for pen wraps

W He

Thought I would let folks know that went to the Daiso Japantown store in SF. Everything in the store is $1.50. Much different than the 99 cent stores or Dollar stores. I found a white metal fountain pen there for.....yup, $1.50. Probably Chinese made, no markings, a medium point, silver toned clip, and steel nib...what a steal. Writes like a medium and upside down a nice fine. I was expecting little and struck gold. Pretty buttery smooth and didn't have to zip it around my microgrit pad. I should have picked up a handful for gifts.....next time. :wub:

I would like to give you company the next time. Lol

Khan M. Ilyas

I found some assorted pens for between $.99-$3.99 on Aliexpress that have been arriving in a slow trickle. What was supposed to be a Hero 9296 ended up being a horrible plastic 3113... I was refunded of course, but decided to throw some Diamine Imperial Blue in it and see what it does. No worse than a Bic I guess! But I adore my x750 in Shimmering Sands inked in Diamine China Blue or my Fuquilong 895 with Diamine Eau de Nil

Been using that Wing Sung 233 for about two weeks now, and it has definitely earned itself a fairly permanent place in my pocket. I'm going to order a few more, I have some minor modifications I want to try. Fortunately, they're inexpensive enough that if I wreck one, it's easy to replace.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

Hero 901 - med. nib. Inked with Chesterfield Xircon

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/b6UAAOSwQjNW~R01/s-l500.jpg

I guess it's time to contribute to this thread. I just put the Goulet Pens 1.1 mm stub nib on my Jinhao x750 and it's a wonderful combination. It writes nice and wet but the feed keeps up without a problem.

http://s19.postimg.org/tzvcuk1wy/x750_Stub_Nib.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/Pen%20and%20Writing%20Stuff/2016-04-26%2020.39.32.jpg

It's a pretty good combination of ink and pen I've got here.

Today, Hero 616 (Noodler's Black) and a Jinhao X450 (Noodler's Liberty Elysium)

Edited by gryphon1911

A just arrived maroon Hero 007 and Visconti Burgundy, plus a lovely fat green Hero 565 and Diamine Eau de Nil. Both F nibs.

These are, without doubt, the best Hero pens I have bought to date. Not only did they work perfectly straight out of the packaging but also both write with an incredibly smooth F line with no drag or feedback from the page.

$9 for two 007's and the 565.

Stunning value for money. I'm enjoying my morning! :thumbup:

I might be old, but at least I got to see all the best Bands.

This Jinhao 189 arrived this afternoon. Flushed and did some nib tweaking! Actually is a nice looking pen.

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/sx4AAOSwPhdVEWXu/s-l225.jpg

fpn_1461791705__snapshot_20160427_5.jpg
Edited by Helen350

I like the way you can also get this pen with an "Authoritative Tripod",

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx301/epochmaking/epoch111111/DSC_0033.jpg

complete with four legs...

Pen without four legged tripod - $9

Pen with four legged tripod - $64

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

I like the way you can also get this pen with an "Authoritative Tripod",

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx301/epochmaking/epoch111111/DSC_0033.jpg

complete with four legs...

Pen without four legged tripod - $9

Pen with four legged tripod - $64

That tripod is unique!! Is it a ceramic/clay?

Edited by Helen350

That tripod is unique!! Is it a ceramic/clay?

Special faux-imitation cast bronze plastic, I would imagine.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching