What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

How do you like the ink drop?

I'm only on my second month. February was rather, hmmm, girly for me. March is themed off of royal purples. I've only used the Diamine Regency Blue and the Noodler's Kung Te-Cheng so far and I like them. The latter ink is really unusual stuff. In the moments that it takes to dry, it lightens to a shade of blue-indigo that I think resembles denim jeans pretty well.

When I saw the list of inks for this month, I was disappointed at first. But the first two inks that I've tried have been pretty cool so far! That Regency Blue that I'd mentioned is in my NOS Wahl-Eversharp Skyline (fine flex) and complements the pen well. The Kung Te-Cheng is in a stainless steel X750. Both have been getting a lot of use since the ink drop came in yesterday afternoon.

Magnus | Raleigh, NC [uSA] | @Magnus919 | TerraMagnus

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Magnus!

Inked for use today 1st Orange tiger stripe Baoer 517 in Yu-Yake, 2nd Orange tiger stripe Baoer 517 in Ancient Copper, green marble X450 in Lierre Sauvage, orange 159 in Ancient Copper. I have a lot of writing to do today.

Yesterday:

Jinhao X450 with J. Herbin Ambre de Broumaine?

Baoer 517 with Chesterfield Garnet

Jinhao x450 with Lie de The

Baoer 517 with Ancient Copper

Jinhao 886 inked with Diamine Syrah

Hero 5028 with 1.1 stub. Inked with Diamine Syrah (just arrived today and the 1.1 stub nib is surprisingly smooth)

Jinhao X450 with a Noodlers nib and Higgens Eternal black ink.

I thought Eternal black is made for calligraphy, not fountain pens. Is it clogging your X450?

I thought Eternal black is made for calligraphy, not fountain pens. Is it clogging your X450?

It is made for calligraphy and will clog the pen and possibly even coat the feed in a permanent stain. Higgins Eternal should never ever be used in a fountain pen.

Jinhao x750 in gold inked with J Herbin Ambre de Birmaine

Baoer 517 in orange inked with Yu-Yake

Burgundy Hero 616 with Sailor Oku-Yama (so concentrated by now that it looks like a Shimmertastic ink)

Second Burgundy Hero 616 with newly-acquired Iroshizuku Yama-Budo

Green Hero 616 with Iroshizuku Ajisai

'Limited Edition' satin silver Hero 616 (and newly-acquired satin silver blue extra cap, thus making it a two-tone pen) with Everflo Indian Green

There may be a theme or two developing here...

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

• 3 weeks later...

I will so do! I think it'll look interesting. I'd like to find a good sealant -- maybe a clear nail polish? Or is there a chemical reason not to use one of those?

Super late, off topic and I have no idea if you'll see this, but clear nail polish has a tendency to crack and discolor and it's relatively expensive in the grand scheme of things, so generally not the best choice.

I read an article about good sealants some time ago, but cannot seem to find it.

Orange Jinhao 159 w/Ancient Copper

Orange Baoer 517 w/Yu-Yake

Orange Baoer 517 w/Ancient Copper

black and silver Baoer 79 w/Lierre Sauvage and a touch of Vert Empire

Red Baoer 517 w/Chesterfield Garnet

Just got a Wing Sung 233 yesterday, and loaded it with Lamy Turquoise. Ooo, that's a nice combination. Good length, good weight, Triumph-style nib that does what a real Triumph does: writes fine upside down and medium right side up. Too early to tell if I have a new favorite, but it's bidding fair.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested