What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

I have to add:

Jinhao 950: very nice

Fuliwen Carbon fiber: excellent

and Duke 2009 Charlie Chaplin : excellent , but rather expensive for a chinese FP and very heavy: 75g(!), but I appreciate heavy fountain pens.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Share your views...

Kindly forgive me for my bad writing:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/661/n1PaKN.jpg

Following images of the above pen is from ebay:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA1MFgxMDUw/z/hd8AAOSwv0tVeC0H/$_58.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA1MFgxMDUw/z/HaUAAOSwstxVeC0E/$_58.JPG

Edited by amarjit

I purchased a Huahong pen about 2.5 weeks ago for $1.53 :yikes: after reading some of the positive reviews here. It is probably now the nicest pen in my small collection, and I couldn't be happier with it. :D

It is brown in color, made of what I believe to be acrylic and with a lovely "cracked ice" kind of iridescent look. I've been calling it the "cola acrylic" design, as it has the look of ice cubes in a glass of cola. The finial has a lovely floral design, but is not overdone or gaudy. The cap band is engraved around with "HUAHONG" in all caps. The clip is duotone, as is the nib. I don't have my scale handy, but it is a very lovely weighted pen and the balance is really perfect for my largish hands both posted and unposted. It came with a Huahong branded piston type converter, which seems to fit snugly and is of higher quality than the "freebie" Chinese converters I'm used to getting with Hero and Jinhao pens.

I inked it up with Private Reserve Sepia, which I thought a nice match for the pen. The nib is fantastic, what I'd call a fine/medium nib (on Rhodia it writes a nice fine line, on the copy paper pictured it writes more of a medium line). Sorry for my so-so pictures, but these are what I could take with my phone. I'm really glad I purchased one of these.

Best, Brandon

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb364/brg5658/Pens/huahong_brown_acrylic_pen_zpslkultbtf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Brandon, I have one of these Hua Hong brown resin pens in a slightly different type of resin that resembles brown and gray smoke. Same model, and your iced cola version looks better. Mine is inked with Akkerman no. 22 hopjesbruin, also a good match, and we agree on build and nib quality. I enjoy everything about them. Nice photo, especially the way the pen appears to emerge from the screen, shot on white unlined paper from above.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Hooded Wing Sung (forgot the model number) with a mix of dull inks looking like mud, Hero 240 with Diamine Vivaldi, Hero Youth with Diamine China Blue, and another WS with a conical nib. Forgetting what's in that, as the latter three had leak repairs being tested.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

In yesterday's mail I received a Jinhao 886 for which I paid $1.99 USD/free shipping. I was quite surprised with how pleasant it was to use. It seemed to fit my hand well and even, it seems, improved the appearance of my handwriting!

Baoer 801 with the extraordinary 'Shimmering Sands' or 'Aurora Borealis' or 'Shimmering Aurora' finish (depending on vendor). It has a really quite remarkable painted finish. Smooth US medium nib (bit on the fine side for a UK definition of Medium).

Works OK, will have to review it once I've used it a bit more- only got it yesterday evening.

Regards,

Richard.

In yesterday's mail I received a Jinhao 886 for which I paid $1.99 USD/free shipping. I was quite surprised with how pleasant it was to use. It seemed to fit my hand well and even, it seems, improved the appearance of my handwriting!

I too carry Jinhao 886 which I purchased from a local shop in New Delhi for Rupees 250 (nearly 4 dollars).

Most Chinese pens with a metallic body becomes loose at the junction of body and nibpiece. Jinhao 886 doesn't have that problem. Can anyone suggest good chinese pens where the body doesn't become loose at the junction?

I bought a three-pack of Hero Doctor/Jumbo, and they arrived yesterday.

The black one's nib had fallen out in transit, so I'm going to work on it at the weekend.

I inked up the green one, and it was just a little scratchy.

I worked on the nib a little with micromesh, and now it writes beautifully.

It puts down a nice wet line that is actually a little broader than I was expecting, which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

I mostly use evernote for my note-taking at work, but I've been finding excuses to use my pen :D

Is hero 616 different from Hero 616 Jumbo?

Is hero 616 different from Hero 616 Jumbo?

The Jumbo 616 is exactly the same size as the real Parker 51 (they will even swap caps) but somewhat lighter. The standard 616 is a bit smaller.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Today I carry a Crocodile 215 Cayman - black body, medium nib. Inked with Diamine Eau de Nil :)

Practice, patience, perseverance

Jinhao 450 inked with J.Herbin Orange Indien; I love this pen. I have been writing daily with it since I got it. Once I flushed it and scrubbed out the Thornton ink, it has written like a dream.

I am using a Jinhao X750 in matte black with a Nemosine 0.8 italic nib tuned, smoothed, and ground to 1.1 (the 0.8 was just too fine for italic cursive). I can't say enough good things about this pen, I love it.