What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Switching gears....I'm using a Duke 209 with the Crown 22K plated nib. I really like this one! Simple and nice.

(yeah, I know...not my own pic, but I thought I should include one)

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1328548540/-font-b-Duke-b-font-font-b-duke-b-font-of-209-scrub-black-font.jpg

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use plenty. Hero, Jinhao, Cheung Kong, Golden Star. Never get tired of exploring Chinese pens :)

Same Here!

I ordered some Diamine saddle brown for my J500 but the colour wasn't quite right for it, only to discover that it ls a far better match with this fella.

post-117767-0-39397600-1432133843_thumb.jpg

So, this has been my prime pen today.

It's similar, design wise to the J500, and is a lovely smooth writer.

The saddle brown matches the barrel perfectly, and the combo has a nice "earthy" feel to it.

Still need a "reddier" brown ink for my 500 though. :lol:

Ian

Back to my good ol' Hero 616. :) Every time I pick one up, I get giddy. :P And then remembering the price I paid for it back in the day... I end up hunting the 'Bay for more Hero and Jinhao pens!

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

I'm stuck on the Jinhao x750 for chinese pens, but I do have a 189 on order.

Now you mention it: we always come up with affordable Chinese pens, here. Anyone in for a premium Chinese?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151696677464?item=151696677464&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true

If a $2,- pen is good, what can we expect from a $800,- pen?!

Edited by SmoutKa

Today, I am using a Baoer 79 (black squared). Incredibly smooth!

You wont regret it that pen is made by Jinhao

Road-testing a Baoer 519 today, actually!

Hi You wont regret it either, a fabulous pen made by the Jinhao company

Got a jinhao x750 couple day ago but it skip and dry out often. I like the size and weight of the pen and it's quite nice in flat black.

Tried combination of removing breather tube, removing spring, moving the feed, deep cleaning of everything and it still skip and dry out. At least now it's more juicy than it was.

The nib is scratchy (left or right not down or up) too.

The worst part of these pen is the stupidly small converter in a quite large size pen but it seems to be common practice of many manufacturer not just chinese.

I have another x750 coming from xfountainpen with a set of nibs, will try to build one good x750 out of two.

I always suggest a thorough FLUSH out of the Convertor with a tiny drop of dishwashing liquid and a TD of Amonia, If the pen is scratchy try writing figure eights ever so lightly on FINE emery paper

Edited by oneill

Todays' "Prime" pen

post-117767-0-01692700-1433598539_thumb.jpg

post-117767-0-02885100-1433598579_thumb.jpg

Ian,

Did you ever get that Hero 7022?

I'd be interested in your input on that one..

It never appeared.

I contacted the seller and heard nothing for a week or so, then a refund appeared in my paypal account.

I re-purchased one from Yespens last week, so I should have it soon, and I'll let you know what I think.

Ian

I got mine from yespens and they turned up in around 9 days.

If it doesn't show mate, I'll send you one.. ;)

I'm sure the yespens one will arrive, but thanks though.

I bought the first one from a seller I'd never used before, and I probably should have got it from yespens in the first place.

Cheers

Ian

I'm looking to buy my first Jinhao pen; looking for recommendations; I like a smooth writing pen with a unique styling (not into the clear ones).

Suggestions anyone?

Hi rafizip

There is a vast range of Jinhao pens and I couldn't possibly comment on them all, however, my own favourite is the Jinhao 217, a gorgeous looking pen which writes lovely and smooth, a nice wet line which is in common with all of my Jinhaos.

I put the pic below of my collection on the main fountain pen thread, but I'll also stick it on here as it has quite a few Jinhaos in it.

If you see anything you fancy, the folks on here will be more than happy to tell you all about any particular pen.

fpn_1434029782__collection.jpg

TOP ROW L TO R.

jinhao x450, pierre farber, jinhao 1200 silver dragon, jinhao 599, jinhao 500, picasso swedish flower king,wing sung 590, baoer 701, jinhao x450, huahong ss-34, huahong ?, baoer 3035, reynolds accent

MIDDLE ROW L TO R

fine calligraphy pen, manuscript master, baoer 388, jinhao x750, dollar 717i demonstrator, parker 15/mixy, unknown handmade acrylic, kaigelu 368, shuli 1028. shuli 1028, shuli 1028, fountain pen revolution dilli, jinhao 8812.

BOTTOM ROW L TO R

b&m calligraphy pens, unknown acrylic, noodlers ahab, fuguilong 1009, waterman laureat, waterman super master, jinhao 217, huahong ss-20, delta vintage, arbutus apollo, jinhao 9009, kaigelu 335, jinhao x250.

I reckon I must be a fan of Chinese pens then :lol: This has only been since November.

Ian

Edited by Ian the Jock

Retro Me, Satanas. I am trying to concentrate on inks at the moment. I can't afford to spend any more time on new pens. And anyway, the new kitten would fight the snake pen to the death, and win.

I have also been teaching myself the gentle art of nib-tip carving. I have turned a couple of Jinhao nibs into acceptable Fines and one into quite a nice Sutab, modelled after the Pilot one. One of the Fines is in one X-750 and the Sutab in another 750.

I can try and do some piccies if people are interested?

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching