What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Sorry to hear your experience with Chinese pens was less than successful. I'm sure someone around here could help you, erm, get rid of some of those. :P

Got rid of them all.

Khan M. Ilyas

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One silver Baoer 388 with gold trim and a fine nib. In rotation until the white inner cap cracks (which should happen in the very near future). BTW, does anyone have any ideas on how to remove the cap lining? Contrary to the Jinhao 450 and 750, I can't just push it out once the top cap jewel and clip are removed.

Still the Jinhao 217 for me today, although I have changed the ink to diamine Florida blue, which really suits the pen.

I got me some Noodlers bay state blue today, and I put it into my J1200 dragon, but it's a disaster.

The ink feathers and bleeds on all of my papers except stiff card.

I love the colour but I think it needs a finer nib or a drier pen and the big dragon gushes forth like an elephant nosed spigot.

Ian

Using a hero 100 that I worked a bit on. Instead of being super stiff now, it is more like a semi flex. I made cut outs to the nib and made the slit longer. Using hero blue black

Hero 565. Great pen with a real smooth nib. I think this is an improved Hero 616 with a slighly fatter line width.

Jinhao 159. I'd like to explore other Chinese pens as well.

The 159 is far and away my smoothest writer.

My modest collection includes very nice pens; none of them high - end but the way the 159 writes leaves me wanting for very little.

Franklin-Christoph Stabilis 66 and Pocket 40: both with Matsuyama CI | Karas Kustoms Aluminum, Daniel Smith CI | Italix Parson's Essential and Freshman's Notator | Pilot Prera | Pilot Metropolitan | Lamy Safari, 1.1mm italic | Muji "Round Aluminum Pen" | Waterman Phileas | Noodler's Konrad | Nemosine Singularity 0.6mm stub | ASA Nauka, acrylic and ebonite | Gama Hawk | Wality Airmail | Noodlers Ahab | TWSBI GO | Noodlers Charlie | Pilot Plumix |

Jinhao 159. I'd like to explore other Chinese pens as well.

The 159 is far and away my smoothest writer.

My modest collection includes very nice pens; none of them high - end but the way the 159 writes leaves me wanting for very little.

I've just ordered one of these myself with a broad nib. From what I've seen, broad nibs seem to offer the widest range of colour in each ink, so I am looking forward to getting one, particularly so far capital letters when I stop failing at calligraphy!

It'll be my first screw-cap pen as well, so I am looking forward to that.

Edited by MikeGB

A NOS Hero that looks like. 616, but all plastic. I forget the number. It's a dusty teal color and a nice little nail of a writer filled with OS Walt Whitman.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

3 for me today.

A coffee swirl Jinhao 500 which arrived on Tuesday, and is a lovely pen, a nice, smooth, wet writer with which I am delighted (again).

A new brand for me..The Fuguilong 1009. Nice enough pen but doesn't have the same build quality as my Jinhaos, Bauors, etc. It does write smooth and wet with a fine line, and I can't really complain when it only cost £1.20

AND

Of course, my Jinhao 217. I just cannot put this pen down.

Ian

Jnhao X450.

The only thing they should improve upon is the cap. A lighter cap, a soupler clip, and a much easier click - and it would be flawless.

I finally put down the J217 and picked up another Chinese pen...The Bauor 3035 in black and chrome.

My first fountain pen (along with a 450 that came the same day) and I still love it.

It is never mentioned in any of the recommendations threads, and I have no idea why that's the case as it's a brilliant pen.

Sleek modern looks, well balanced, well made, and writes like a dream, even when left unused for weeks.

As one of Bauors' cheaper offerings it is an absolute gem for the money, in fact, it would still be a gem for a lot more money.

Why they aren't more popular, I have no idea.

Ian

My two Hero 338s arrived today and I like them so far.

They're better built than the Wing Sung I had and even the aerometric filler seems to work better. No smell, either.

Nibs are pretty nice. Rock hard, but fairly smooth and wet for how fine they are. No scratch, but plenty of feedback.

Still, probably the last Chinese pens I go for, with the probable exception of a Baoer 388.

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

I got one in the same delivery as my X450, too.

The only reason I didn't mension it, is because I bought it for my doughter. It is her schoolpen. All steel, therefore very durable. Hooded nib, and therefore hardly prone to drying issues. And the only chinese pen I have that has both some heft and a proper balance. No idea how they can sell these under $3,- incl. worldwide free shipping (some sellers at aliexpress.com).

http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Y92-New-BAOER-3035-High-Quality-Fountain-Pen-Nib-Medium/32295765491.html

By the way: it is Baoer, not Bauor.

I finally put down the J217 and picked up another Chinese pen...The Bauor 3035 in black and chrome.
My first fountain pen (along with a 450 that came the same day) and I still love it.
It is never mentioned in any of the recommendations threads, and I have no idea why that's the case as it's a brilliant pen.
Sleek modern looks, well balanced, well made, and writes like a dream, even when left unused for weeks.
As one of Bauors' cheaper offerings it is an absolute gem for the money, in fact, it would still be a gem for a lot more money.
Why they aren't more popular, I have no idea.

Ian

Edited by SmoutKa

My 3035 doesn't have a hooded nib.

I'm not a really a fan of hooded nibs and when I first saw this BAOER (apologies) I chose it for it's overall design which appealed to me right away, and it was a great choice.

The pictures on ebay did not do the pen justice at all, it's a great looking pen which is also lovely to write with.

Not so sure the silver version looks as good though.

Ian