What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Jinhao 3000

I had never come across a 3000 during my "raking around" sessions, so I typed it into the bay to see what it looked like.

The first one up on the screen was a red one............and that was that. :lol:

I need to get one, yes "need" to get one.

I had a look at the listing and the pen comes in at 58 grammes, whoo hoo, it gets better by the minute.

Its a gorgeous looking pen, it's mostly red, it weighs more than a small animal, comes with cartridges and a converter and it only costs around a tenner (£10 or $15.80).

SHOUTS:- "Laura, what's the paypal password, Laura....LAURA"

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh!

and today I'm using, a Kaigelu 338 slim, black/red with diamine sargasso sea. One of my favourites.

It has a small nib (m) which is super smooth, and the pen itself is red and black so win/win.

and

A Jinhao 9009 red lava with diamine Syrah, which matches the pen just lovely. Another super smooth writer with a medium-ish nib. Lovely :thumbup:

Ian

Hi Richard

What does a K365 look like, if you don't mind me asking. :blush:

Ian

Hi Richard

What does a K365 look like, if you don't mind me asking. :blush:

Ian

It's basically a copy of the Parker IM.

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

It's basically a copy of the Parker IM.

Who make it? Is it a Kaigelu?

Who make it? Is it a Kaigelu?

Yes, it's a Kaigelu.

They should still be available fairly cheaply on eBay.

Edited by tendollarword

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

Ill need to check them out methinks.

Both the Kaigelus I have are excellent, and if these are cheap...why not.

Cheers

Ian

Jinhao X450 in the marble green finish {but it's so dark that it really just looks black in most light).

I hate the Jinhao X450. It's such a great pen that it keeps me from playing with my other pens.

tardigrade.JPG

I had never come across a 3000 during my "raking around" sessions, so I typed it into the bay to see what it looked like.

The first one up on the screen was a red one............and that was that. :lol:

I need to get one, yes "need" to get one.

I had a look at the listing and the pen comes in at 58 grammes, whoo hoo, it gets better by the minute.

Its a gorgeous looking pen, it's mostly red, it weighs more than a small animal, comes with cartridges and a converter and it only costs around a tenner (£10 or $15.80).

SHOUTS:- "Laura, what's the paypal password, Laura....LAURA"

I do enjoy using my Jinhao 3000. Mine is black and I keep it, together with at least 7 other of my most used daily pens, in my hand knit pen cubby (cubby has 7 compartments big enough to hold 2 pens per compartment),

I just finished replacing the guts on my Hero 616 jumbo, which has been going strong for two years of fairly heavy use. The sac adhesive was starting to fail and the feed tube was bent up, so I stuck the shell and nib on the innards of another H616 that I bought around the same time. Good as new!

I just had two Parker 21S hoods crack on me (one with reason and one without) so it looks like I'll be carrying "the Hero that wouldn't die" until I learn to handle my fragile pens more carefully. :unsure:

I'm also trying to run out the ink on my blue H616-2 so I can refill it in blue, like I should have the first time.

Guanleming 2001 demonstrator arrived yesterday, so I'll be putting it through its paces this week. I've inked it up with PR Lake Placid Blue, one of my favorite shades, and I'm excited to see the sun shine through the blue. I guess I'm just really into blue ink for some reason.

A very fine Bauor 701 dropped onto the mat today.
Its quite a hefty pen (which I like) and after a flush and a filling with diamine Teal it was off and running.
As expected, it lays down a nice wet line and is a lovely smooth writer with a medium-ish nib.
Another "cheap" Chinese pen that gets a big thumbs up from me.

I now have 2 Jinhaos ( another 2 due any day) 2 Bauors, 2 Kaigelus and a Picasso, all of which have been brilliant from day one, and I'm a looooooong way from done.

Jinhao 3000, Kaigelu 316, and a Jinhao 500 next on the list.

Ian

Edited by Ian the Jock

Jinhao x450, now with Noodler's untipped flex nib. I have never cared for this pen because of the fat, wet Jinhao nib that came with it. Yesterday I picked up a couple of #6 Noodler's nibs to play with, and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

I've had some vintage flex nibs and dip pens, but I have yet to get used to this modern flex. The important thing is that my x450 writes a fine line now. Finally!

I have 8 jihao 599 , 5 Jinhao x750 , 1 each Jinhao x250 and x450 , a Jinhao 159 , a Kaigelu 316 , a Lambitao 280 , a Dikawen 867 and a BAOKE flighter. Of all these I only liked the last one. The rest I didn't like at all. And have no intention to ink any of these - at least for now. The converters on the Jinhao really look like trash. The only exception is Jinhao 159. I wouldn't be buying any Chines pens in future. I am not into the Heros and Wingsungs either.

Khan M. Ilyas

I have 8 jihao 599 , 5 Jinhao x750 , 1 each Jinhao x250 and x450 , a Jinhao 159 , a Kaigelu 316 , a Lambitao 280 , a Dikawen 867 and a BAOKE flighter. Of all these I only liked the last one. The rest I didn't like at all. And have no intention to ink any of these - at least for now. The converters on the Jinhao really look like trash. The only exception is Jinhao 159. I wouldn't be buying any Chines pens in future. I am not into the Heros and Wingsungs either.

After buying 20 Chinese pens, at which point did it dawn on you that you didn't like them? Seriously? :P