What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

I'm using a newly acquired Jinhao X450. This thing is a lead pipe compared to most of my pens.

I'm also playing with a couple loaners - TWSBI 540 and Jinhao 599

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm using a newly acquired Jinhao X450. This thing is a lead pipe compared to most of my pens.

I'm also playing with a couple loaners - TWSBI 540 and Jinhao 599

With a bit of smoothing, I have found the Jinhao 599 to be a real treat. Use them for taking class notes, and have experienced good ink flow for speedy writing. What has been your experience with the 599?

Hero 901. Not happy with the nib. Considering purchasing a Knox K26. Pen has a classy gold/black look. Cost $2.80. Weight 50 grams. Do not have any Hero pens in my collection, so I thought I would experiment with the 901. Inked with a bit of Montblanc Blue/Black.

Hero 237 - I used Hero way back in primary school so using this pen brought back memories of the ones I had before. Inked with Aurora Blue the XF is about the same width as my Sailor F if not a touch wider. Now if only I can decide between the 100 and the 1000

Jinhao 599 with mix of Meadow and Avacado. Smoothed the nib and enjoying a whole lot.

I have other Jinhaos inked but using the 599 the most.

• 2 weeks later...

Kiagelu 368 in black with a fude nib.

Fabulous pen.....Heavy, wet, smooth, and looks great too.

With the fude nib it's like 3 pens in one.

I love using this pen and have given it a right hammering today, filled with diamine bilberry.

Ian

For months now I have been using my K316's on a daily basis. Today's one is the Charcoal one. I have had to take the ball out of the convertor. Diamine Bilberry had stripped the chrome plating off the metal ball, and the brass inside was reacting with the ink to form a sludge that solidified in the ink channels, making the pen a bit dry. Anyway, I have removed the ball and cleaned the pen so it's working very nicely again.

I think of all my Parker Duofold shape pens, I prefer the Parker Pearl & Black, but the Charcoal K316 is almost as good, and I'm far less worried about loosing the pen, so use it a great deal more than the Parker.

Regards,

Richard

For months now I have been using my K316's on a daily basis. Today's one is the Charcoal one.

Same here ... funny how I have all that $$$ sitting in various pens, yet more often than not I reach for that humble little $20 pen.

I had two Kaigelu converter agitator balls corrode. I assume they got a bad production lot. I replaced the agitator balls in all my Kaigelu converters with balls salvaged from cheap cartridges.

Jinhao x250 flighter GT , X450 flihhter GT , a lot of 5 x750 different finishes , a lot of 8 Jinhao 599 different fineshes , a Nemosine , a kaigelu 316 alongwith two Sheaffer Imperial 440 and 444.These are on way from US through magiclamp.pk.

Khan M. Ilyas