• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to hear about your experiences there. I don't think it's a problem with ebay, but more to do with the Indian postal service.

I've bought many pens from China and HK and never once had one go missing.

Great reviews btw! I'm considering the ivory coloured x450 too - sounds like it's it's extremely good value for money

Not only Indian Postal Service but other private logiest are not much better here.

More or less all are same here in India.

​And that's why online shopping is not so popular here for common ppl.....

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Some low priced Indian pens- I hope there would be a separate subsection for Indian pens in future.

Do you use all of these pens in one day?

College street shops and some shops in MG road where greeting/invitation cards are sold. Also some neighbourhood shop stock them sometimes.

Hu...

Very big place and full of too many shops.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Jinhao Confucius - Inked with Chesterfield Antique Crimson. The barrel has 28 Chinese characters on it, as well as the image of Confucius with his hand lifted up to a quarter moon (gold tone). The top of the cap has the ying/yang emblem on it. M-nib & two tone.

Snapshot_20141117_10.JPG

That is quite an impressive group of pens! The one that sticks in my mind is the Hero 88. LOVE the pipe!!

Chinese pens are fun to collect and use, my last was a Wing Sung 590.

I'm using a pen that I've had for several years, and I don't know that I've used it in the past. I even tuned up the nib a bit.

No pic, but I am playing with my Duke Copper Temple pen today.

Getting ready for a day of intense note taking, and have the following inked and ready:

- Jinhao x750 --my first one ever, which I find to be very well-made with a smooth, wet nib-- breaking it in with Waterman's Serenity Blue;

- Hero 616 Jumbo in burgundy, filled with Waterman's Audacious Red;

- Hero 616 Jumbo in green, inked with Noodler's Green.

i can't help feeling this thread has gone off-topic a little :P

I am using my Jinhao x750 today, alongside my Duofold demi F. Both fantastic pens that are sat constantly on my desk. The Jinhao inked with waterman south sea blue, and the duo fold with quink black.

My two pens today are my Charcoal K316 and my White with black stripe K316.

I have been put off the charcoal K316 recently, it has been skipping etc. I think I've found the cause - the ink (Diamine Bilberry) has been acting funny inside it and had laid a brittle black deposit (like limescale) in the feed channels and over the inside of the bottom of the c/c. Once I chipped that out, I have my lovely K316 back.

Regards,

Richard.

• 2 weeks later...

Now use a Hero 332. Regular use keeps it working well. In school we used to carry a couple Hero's during exams, as the ink capacity was low.

I believe these were copied from Parker's of that era?

Jinhao X750s with Goulet 1.1 stubs - Recently began writing a commentary on the biblical book Romans, and will be busy with this for several months (currently on Chap. 2). My X750s shall definitely get a good workout. Of my ink colors, I have decided to use Chesterfield's Xircon in writing this commentary.

My new Luoshi 806 with fine hooded nib (more like fine-med). Do not usually like fine nibs, however, thought I would give it a try. Partial to med & 1.1 stubs. Nib is surprisingly smooth, and wrote right out of the packaging. No scratching nor heavy feedback. Inked with Montblanc Blue/Black and doing a bit of writing. Paid $1.29 with free shipping on Ebay. Seller: hrongfdsb_5689. Cap is black with deep purple sparkle effect halfway down the cap/barrel is black with goldtone giant panda image around the pen at barrel tip. Clip has a rhinestone in it. Rotary ink cartridge. Not as heavy as the Jinhao X750. Nice feel--not bulky like the #159. Would make a nice pen for the office. At the price, if it proves to be a disappointment, I definitely will not be upset. Thinking of using it for underlining in my textbooks.

Edited by Helen350