What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

I love my H103. This one has a medium nib but writes a finer than medium line. That, however, is what I like. It's a fairly substantial pen, weight-wise, but well-balanced.

Your life is the result of the choices you make. If you don’t like your life, it’s time to start making better choices.

- unknown -

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The J3000 is also on my watch list...

Sorry, don't have one.

The J5000 is heavy, but well balanced. I'm told the J3000 isn't too different in size from the J159, which is surprisingly well balanced too, but is generally too big a pen for me to enjoy much. Hope that helps a little, even though I've had no experience of the J3000.

Regards,

Richard.

No problem, but cheers. I must admit it does look as if it won't likely be an every day carry because of its size but I think it has a slight edge in attractiveness. I kinda like that shape

Today it's a black Jinhao 599 with Quink Royal Blue.

Have you found your Jinhao 599 to be a nice writer? After a bit of smoothing (TLC), I love this little inexpensive pen :wub:

It's very nice. I have two of them so far, and will probably get a couple more.

I do prefer a fine nib though, so my go to everyday pen is a Hero 007. That's inked up with PR Ebony/Green.

I love it :D

It's very nice. I have two of them so far, and will probably get a couple more.

I do prefer a fine nib though, so my go to everyday pen is a Hero 007. That's inked up with PR Ebony/Green.

I love it :D

Was not aware of the Hero 007. Had purchased (12) 616s about 5 yrs ago, however, I do not use them. I think I have about 6 of them left sitting in a box. The 007 reminds me of the 616 somewhat, though they appear a bit longer. I gather you know that the 599 comes in a fine hooded nib as well. I am a medium and 1.1 stub fan.

I have indeed seen them lately with a fine nib, and can't wait to order one.

I have been using graph paper for personal notes and a fine nib works better for me. For writing reports at work I use a medium.

At least they don't mind Ebony/Green ink B)

I'll post a shot of my Hero 007s in the morning.

Edited by Zookie

Was not aware of the Hero 007. Had purchased (12) 616s about 5 yrs ago, however, I do not use them. I think I have about 6 of them left sitting in a box. The 007 reminds me of the 616 somewhat, though they appear a bit longer. I gather you know that the 599 comes in a fine hooded nib as well. I am a medium and 1.1 stub fan.

The 007 has a slightly different barrel shape than the 616. A nice littoe writer.

Hey, Zookie, my 007 is black, too. I've been culling pens to sell and the 007 made my 'keeper' cut.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Very pretty!!

Found me a no-name filigree fountain pen. It is lovely. Has a screw on cap, and a art deco look. Thanks for the inspiration. Hope the snap shots are clear enough to see.

Snapshot_20141112_18.JPG

Snapshot_20141112_19.JPG

My daytime needs I will be using a Parker Parkette, however, later on today when I start my studies I will be using my trusty Jinhao 599s. The plastic & demonstrator are inked with Chesterfield Erinite, and the metal 599 is inked with Chesterfield Teal. I use the metal model for underlining because the nib writes more like a fine and I do not have bleeding through in my study materials.

Snapshot_20141114_13.JPG

Refreshing Green! :)

Looks nice!

Saw there are lot of variant of Jinhao 599.

For example Jinhao 599,599A,599M,599S etc.

Bur,what's the difference ?

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Refreshing Green! :)

Looks nice!

Saw there are lot of variant of Jinhao 599.

For example Jinhao 599,599A,599M,599S etc.

Bur,what's the difference ?

The plastic & demonstrator lays a nice wet, true medium line and they have the ink window. The metal version does not have an ink window. The nib on the metal version is different than the other two, and writes more like a fine nib, and looks similar to a Lamy nib. The Jinhao 599 comes in the three versions you see in the snapshot. I love the green color. The plastic comes in 7 colors (red/green/ blue/yellow/orange/black/white), and the demonstrator comes in 4 (green/blue/black/red). The metal version also comes in the same 7 colors as the plastic.

The plastic & demonstrator lays a nice wet, true medium line and they have the ink window. The metal version does not have an ink window. The nib on the metal version is different than the other two, and writes more like a fine nib, and looks similar to a Lamy nib. The Jinhao 599 comes in the three versions you see in the snapshot. I love the green color. The plastic comes in 7 colors (red/green/ blue/yellow/orange/black/white), and the demonstrator comes in 4 (green/blue/black/red). The metal version also comes in the same 7 colors as the plastic.

Thank!
Very informative!
U got all of them. :blush:
It would be great if the demonstrator were ED.
They I will chose that for sure.
From those three Metal Green option will suite me.
Have to save money to get that one..... :D

Thank!
Very informative!
U got all of them. :blush:
It would be great if the demonstrator were ED.
They I will chose that for sure.
From those three Metal Green option will suite me.
Have to save money to get that one..... :D

I got the 7 metal Jinhao 599 for $16.99 (works out to $2.45/pen). If I happen to lose one of these at class, it is not a big loss. I did do just a bit of smoothing of the nibs and they work well. You won't have to save for long. :)

Yea,cheaper compare to other.

I may get one for Rs.200/($3) here and I will be happy with one only.....:)

Yesterday I bought two pens for fun. Office Depot--A Yafa Icona M $14.95, and a Cross Aventura Starry Blue F $20.00 on sale, regular price there $35.00. Yafa came with 6 carts, Cross, one black. Icona made in Italy, Cross made in China.

The Icona did not do well with cart it came with, very dry. Changed to PR Supershow Electric Blue. It is a real winner! Very smooth, looks more like F than M which I really like. A decent size sweet spot to write on. I have written a few things with it and I really like it.

Cross, not a winner. Very wet, nib looks aligned but does not feel like it. A bit of a drag/scratch going a certain direction on paper. Very small sweet spot for smoothness. Writes like a M or wider. I may try a drier ink. I am going to play with it a bit more and if it does not show me more, going to storage, an experience I do not regret but expected more from a pen maker, regardless of tier I guess.

Grace and peace to you

:)