What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

How well does the Ahab nib work in your x750?

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well I finally received my jinhao T1 shooter series and it is a nice writer im happy to report . for some reason I cannot add pictures to this area ...ugh,

Cathy :bunny01:

:happyberet:

Been using this after it arrived this morning

http://imgur.com/YgelDGM.jpg

Ooooh, what IS that???? Papa li-I-ike!

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

Ooooh, what IS that???? Papa li-I-ike!

Hey Dave. It's a Hero 767 Art Deco. May do a very brief review of it in the next couple of days so stay tuned

How well does the Ahab nib work in your x750?

Not too bad. I do no flex writing. This flex had originally been in my Ahab, and after replacing the flex in the Ahab with a Goulet #6, I placed the flex in my X750 as an experiment. I am anticipating putting a 1.1 stub in my X750 next month.

What's the signature nib like?

When I say signature pen I am referring to the weight of the pen. I do not use this pen for long term writing, for it is too heavy for my small hands. I use this pen for signature or a short note.

That's a nice lineup. I've been tempted to try a broad nib in one of my Jinhao pens. Did you install the nibs yourself?

Yes I did. Learned from watching sbrebrown on YT. Of late I have been interested in 1.1 stub nibs. Just placed a Goulet stub in my Konrad Ebonite. I ordered a Jinhao Century Blue Celluloid, thinking I was going to place a 1.1 stub in it, however, this pen needs a #5 nib, so I will order a Knox K26 for it.

Today's pen, just like yesterday, is my white with black line K316 fitted with a JoWo Broad + my own italic grind. The pen also is painted down the middle and has an acrylic finial. At LWES 2014 it was mistaken for a 'Norman Rockwell' Duofold LE, which was rather amusing!

Regards,

Richard.

Got my Hero 100 and was going to use it, but it'll need work before it's really usable and I don't like the prospect of having to disassemble it.

Looks like another shelf pen. Too bad because I was so optimistic.

Robert.

Yes I did. Learned from watching sbrebrown on YT. Of late I have been interested in 1.1 stub nibs. Just placed a Goulet stub in my Konrad Ebonite. I ordered a Jinhao Century Blue Celluloid, thinking I was going to place a 1.1 stub in it, however, this pen needs a #5 nib, so I will order a Knox K26 for it.

Good info. Thanks. I've taken a look at the YT video on the Jinhao159 and think it's something I can handle. I think I'll get on Goulet next week and order a few nibs and then go for it. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Jinhao X750 :)

http://i62.tinypic.com/2u6goxc.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

My Jinhao x750 is still working great after more than month of constant use.

Though I probably should give it a cleaning soon.

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

White marbled K316 at work with Rohrer und Klinger Magenta

At work I rotate pens a lot, but at home I pretty much have three pens permanently on my desk : K356, Baoer 801 (that skinny little thing is starting to grow on me) and a Baoer 388 (which while very similar to the K356 in appearence feels lower quality).

-k