What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

TWSBI 580AL

My second day with my first FP and enjoying my time with it immensely.

post-115790-0-12404400-1408847321_thumb.jpg

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” - Winston Churchill

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Golly I guess I like Jinhao pens. :)

Me too. I only have 8 of them... so far. I've been using my Jinhao 5000 with Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses (the original version) for the last couple of days.

Your life is the result of the choices you make. If you don’t like your life, it’s time to start making better choices.

- unknown -

That J5000 is a lovely pen. I want to get another so I have a nice one and a 'user'. Even though it's heavy, the balance is perfect.

Richard

I'm considering either that or the J3000 but I'm stuck in indecision mode. I don't have a preference for broad or medium in this case nor for the difference in weight, so they're much of a muchness. But both wonderful

Then I've got to decide on the colour. Sigh....

Edited by WateryFlow

I have the J5000 in cream and gold and I love it. As Richard said, it's a heavier pen (which I don't mind at all... I like a bit of heft) but it's very well balanced. I love it.

Your life is the result of the choices you make. If you don’t like your life, it’s time to start making better choices.

- unknown -

• 2 weeks later...

I just received a Jinhao X750, my first Chinese pen other than 2 TWSBIs.

It is matte black, and I am debating what ink to put into it. I use black inks, but usually only keep one pen in my rotation so filled, and I just filled one a few days ago. So, no black. I have several grey inks, and I am thinking about one of them.

I'm using today a Hero 369. The fountain pen runs smoothly from the first fill. The finished product is not good but it has a certain appeal.

http://i61.tinypic.com/bja1ee.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

A Boaer 388, S.S. "Flighter" with GT, filled with Noodler's 5 O'Clock Shadow. Also, just ordered a Boaer Skywalker.

I'm using a Baoer 517 that arrived in the mail yesterday. I must say I like it very much. It's got a nice feel, good weight, and writes smoothly. It's also a nice deep blue color.

I'm using a Baoer 517 that arrived in the mail yesterday. I must say I like it very much. It's got a nice feel, good weight, and writes smoothly. It's also a nice deep blue color.

Pics or it didn't happen B) . Deep blue is my fave colour

• 2 weeks later...

I received my Jinhao X-750 in the mail today and it's the best of the Chinese pens I've tried so far.

It's a big, hefty pen with a big, hefty nib that's smooth and even a bit springy.

Not bad for $3.25 shipped.

Edited by tendollarword

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

Hero 369. However, the barrel was too slim so I fitted it along with the squeeze converter into the barrel of a Walker Davison eyedropper probably made around 1910 which I couldn't stop it blobbing ink no matter how I tried!

Surprisingly the thread on the section matched the one in the barrel. The 369 has an unusual nib with a slight spring to it. A nice smooth flowing writer. I slipped an 0 ring on the section, which makes a good seal for the cap, and comfortable when writing..

Apologies to purists, I guess this is now known as a Frankenpen?

post-42070-0-18379000-1411294520_thumb.jpg

post-42070-0-48865500-1411294560_thumb.jpg

post-42070-0-37062600-1411294732_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pickwick

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

I'm using my gold Jinhao 606 today to write a couple of letters. I have it filled with Diamine Chocolate Brown.

- unknown -

• 4 weeks later...

It is so hard for me to limit my daily use to just one pen. These are the four that find their way into my purse to pull out at anytime during the day. From left to right:

Jinhao 599 - for class notes & studies (nib tweaked & with good ink flow)

Crocodile - gold mesh (when I feel like some bling)

Kaigelu 328

Jinhao X750 with Ahab flex nib

Jinhao 159 with Knox nib (signature)

Snapshot_20141016_2.JPG

It is so hard for me to limit my daily use to just one pen. These are the four that find their way into my purse to pull out at anytime during the day. From left to right:

Jinhao 599 - for class notes & studies (nib tweaked & with good ink flow)

Crocodile - gold mesh (when I feel like some bling)

Kaigelu 328

Jinhao X750 with Ahab flex nib

Jinhao 159 with Knox nib (signature)

That's a nice lineup. I've been tempted to try a broad nib in one of my Jinhao pens. Did you install the nibs yourself?