What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

I'm using a 'Youth' pen, division of Hero. Got a cool ink window and a very nice fine semi-hooded nib, a little like the vintage MB student line of pens. Chesterfield Erinite perfectly matches its barrel color.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ever try a Hero 86 , Nice Chinese Caligraphy nib, Well made pen. Black & Chrome , Very Unique Design.

I confess I don't have any Chinese pens as yet, but I've just bought one at the exorbitant price of 99p!!And gosh doesn't postage make it expensive?!! A Hero 209 with EF nib. Looking forward to it arriving - as long as its not on the proverbial slow boat FROM China! :D

Ever try a Hero 86 , Nice Chinese Caligraphy nib, Well made pen. Black & Chrome , Very Unique Design.

That was my first fude nibbed pen. I now own about ten.

I've got one more fude on the way from China, a hooded design, and a vintage Hero 240.

My new TWSBI's!

Diamond 580RB with Noodler's Tchaikovsky

Diamond Mini Classic with Noodler's Dragon's Napalm

post-111131-0-07304200-1403260370_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone ,

where can I get the Hero 9296 in India ?

Can I get it shipped from China ? What would be the cost ( I am a student ) ?

Also , I would like to try ink's of green and red shades of china.

Hope to meet interesting people here !!

Oh , just forgot , I do own a Jinhao T1 , metal body - copy of the lamy safari , without the ink window ... writes great ... bought from Asapens.in .

Have a nice day / evening !!

Edited by RAJIB

A flighter with a crazy zig-zag clip that has a nib labeled Lucky Iridium Point. The brand name is in Chinese, so I have no idea who makes it.

Hi ,

would like to know if the Hero 9296/Hero 9628/Hero FD123

is available in India ?

Thanks !!

I got a Jinhao x 750 and as others have said the flow is rather dry and the capacity is low.

It seems I have to bear down more than I like. I will try some of the above discussed repairs to the nib and do some more flushing. I’ve found that after filling if I reverse the converter control a turn or so I can just add a bit of positive pressure on the ink and that helps to begin a wet line.

It’s solidly built alright and in the door for about $5. Astonishing really.

I just got it as a test. I have other good quality and vintage pens for reliable writing.

http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/postcard-mini.png http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

A month ago, I submitted a bid of $2.01 on Ebay, for a Jinhao 599. My bid fell $2 short. I followed with the same bid on nearly

forty pens of the same model, figuring you guys would miss one of them. Turns out I won three. @ $1.89 / $1.68 / $2.01 from

different sellers. Free shipping from PRC took 13 to 16 days.. Each has a converter that mimics the LAMY Z26 converter.

After a thorough flushing, I filled red one with Noodler's Eel Blue ink. As an everyday carry pen, it writes without interruption until

the converter is empty. Although the Jinhao 599 is a copy of the LAMY Safari, I think it competes with the Pilot Varsity. For the past four weeks, it has been in my pocket, next to the ever-present P45. Yes, at the first sign of trouble, I will throw it away.

Edited by Sasha Royale

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Wonder if the 599 takes Lamy carts? So far, I just used the converter.

Today I will be using that Hero 616 I turned into a fude.

• 2 weeks later...

Guanleming 978, stainless steel Flighter-esque model, gold trim. Inked with Waterman Serenity Blue. Funky little pen. Writes amazingly well, though not as fine-nibbed as I recall.

Today I am using a Regal Andrew, which I think is Taiwanese. It's top heavy when posted but a dream to use. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone!

I will be spending at least part of this morning writing letters. My implement of choice today is this Jinhao 699, one of the five Jinhao pens I received last week, after 9 days. That blew me away; the estimated date of arrival was anywhere between August 1 and August 20; I ordered on July 9, the pens arrived on July 18.

I love this pen (and the other 7 Jinhao pens I now own). It's smooth, fine (which I like for letter writing), feels great in the hand, and it's classy.

14705571341_3ce8c0b46b.jpg

14522306337_e9c55dbe34.jpg

14708744195_ddbbe7bfd9.jpg

Your life is the result of the choices you make. If you don’t like your life, it’s time to start making better choices.

- unknown -

Nice-looking pen!

Today, as usual, Hero 616, one with De Atramentis Bordeaux, another with Levenger Shiraz. Both good matches for the barrel colors!

The J699 does look good. Those hooded nibs look very fine, which is what puts me off, though.

My implement of choice is a White & black stripe K316, paired with my P&B Parker Duofold Centennial. They both feel as good as each other.

Regards,

Richard

The J699 does look good. Those hooded nibs look very fine, which is what puts me off, though.

It is very fine. That's one of the reasons I love it. When I'm writing letters, I write much smaller than I normally do so a fine nib works well for me, especially when it's as smooth as this one.

Your life is the result of the choices you make. If you don’t like your life, it’s time to start making better choices.

- unknown -