• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jinhao 159 with Knox K35 Extra Fine nib. Knox nib is super smooth and writes great. I also have one with the Goulet Extra Fine nib installed, but just don't like it as well.

I was also recently surprised by the Yongsheng 052 and the Fuliwen F39. Both are excellent pens.

Jinhao 606 and Jinhao X750 custom grinded nib

Waiting for Jinhao 599A and Kaigelu 356

• 2 weeks later...

been using TWSBI 580 for last week or so. just got TWSBI Micarta v. 2 in. will need to flush it, adjust the nib, and will have to get some blunt syringes before filling it with some ink to do test drive. both are in M. looking into Lamy Safari in F for EDC.

I did not like the holes at Jinhao 599C cos without this holes 599C could be a nice ED.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Kaigelu 316 White with black stripe.

Have to confess I almost regret buying this pen. I do not like the transparency of the material.

Nope. 'Do not like' is a pathetically inadequate expression. 'Loathe' is much better.

So, what am I going to do about it?

Probably paint the inside of the barrel & cap with white paint. Car undercoat will probably do it. While I'm at it, I'm going to have a go at making a flex nib and replacing the finial.

Once the material is no-longer transparent, it should look like the Parker 'Norman Rockwell' Duofold LE. Then it will look nice.

Regards,

Richard

Bülow X30 with Noodlers Upper Ganges Blue. I have had this pen inked up twice before, with less than satisfactory results. This pairing with UGB is making it much more enjoyable to use.

Amber/Grey & Charcoal K316's today.

I swapped the finial last night on the Amber/grey for an acrylic one, and while trying to get it off, all the paint came off in one piece, leaving a beautiful gold finial. I was half tempted to leave it like that as the effect was very attractive. However, the balance was off, regardless of how it looked. The new finial makes it just glorious.

This evening I'm going to do the same to a Charcoal K316 that's a gift for my eldest daughter. I have ground a medium italic nib for her, and she seems to love it in my Charcoal K316 which I use as a test vehicle for all these experiments.

Regards,

Richard

Im using the Jinhao Century Blue Marble Celluloid

I know it looks purple but that's just my cam phone. It really is blue

http://i.imgur.com/jieNBQ0.jpg

Ahh, the Mk1. A reasonable pen. They seem to be still available in red and white with black stripe.

I do prefer the Mk2 in blue, despite the fact the colour isn't as rich or glorious as the Mk1. The barrel material is threaded, and the cap lip is the same material as the cap body on the Mk2. It ends up as being a really nice pen, but sadly somewhat unbalanced.

Today I have my white with black stripe K316, but not the innards. The paint on the inside of the barrel & cap is taking some time to dry off, and I'm hoping body heat will speed the cure. The pen looks much better, but I'm not convinced of durability.

Regards,

Richard.

^

I prefer it in blue too. It's a gorgeous pen. definitely one of my favourites

---------------------------

Picasso 917 Black Barrel Emotion Of Roman

I've got a new pen that's arrived today so I've taken a few pics for you guys, and may do a review in the next week or so when it's been flushed and inked.

Really unique nib on this thing.

http://i.imgur.com/un7Xo8h.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TcOgAjK.jpg

Edited by WateryFlow

Picasso 917 Black Barrel Emotion Of Roman

Really unique nib on this thing.

Indeed, an interesting looking nib. That clip is a little much though.

Does a made in china sheaffer count? haven't bought one from a chinese brand yet tho, i already have 4 FP (2 safaris, 1 preppy that i got with noodlers ink and the prelude) and i don't write much (if at all) in the day so more pens would be crazy, but that kaigelu 316 white veined is soo nice :puddle:

hello mam,

i think you did not touch one wingsung 612A, its my favorite. it comes with all steel barrel and a steel cap. hooded nib shows a shy smile, when we open the cap, and just writes as smooth as butter. if you have little more dollars, u can buy one wingsung 101. very good pen. recently i bought hero 100, all steel body, with 14k gold nib. its also good. has very good balance.

sriram

first, i started writing with Chinese fountain pens. the cheapest and the best are hero's. they do the job perfectly for the price we pay. no compromise. next, i bought wingsung 612a. again a great pen. its delightful to write. all steel body and reasonable priced. just 5 day back, i got my hero-100. i think they are the best pens ever hero has made with 0.5mm nib, 14k gold and all steel body. but, still i like wingsung 101, i had to buy at-lest two pens.

sriram

Hero Liseur 925, bought a week ago. solid pen, resin body, and proving to be a reliable nicely balanced writer. Fine nib and lays a nice wet line. I bought it from Isellpens after watching a review by Sales Engineer on Youtube.

post-42070-0-01677300-1402917764_thumb.jpg

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick