What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Hero 359 with the nice blue-black cart it came with...and the Jinhao 599. An orange one. Loaded with Chesterfield Fire Opal that EXACTLY matches the barrel.

I love it when the ink matches the pen. It's convenient (and rather boring) that most of my pens are black, but I've found that PR Lake Placid Blue fits my blue Kaigelu 356 perfectly. I'm still trying to work up the courage to buy some reddish ink for my reddish pens.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love it when the ink matches the pen. It's convenient (and rather boring) that most of my pens are black, but I've found that PR Lake Placid Blue fits my blue Kaigelu 356 perfectly. I'm still trying to work up the courage to buy some reddish ink for my reddish pens.

Go on! You know you want to.

Samples. Just sayin'.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Go on! You know you want to.

Every time I get back into FPN, I mess up my budget in the most delightful way. At least this time, if I go into the red, I can do it literally.

I like Visconti Red, particularly in the transparent pens. When inside one of them, it looks like you're writing with a vial of blood. He He He.

I tend to get queasy at the sight of blood, so I'm not sure that would be such a good idea for me. I've been eyeing PR Vampire red, which (despite the name) looks like it might be dark enough for me. That or Diamine Red Dragon. Both look like they'd go really well with my red Jinhao X450 and my burgundy H616s. Come to think of it, a dark red might look nice through the ink window of my black Vis-Pen... I'm just going to keep talking myself into this.

Levenger Shiraz is a burgundy with pink undertones...Diamine Ruby seems a clear, deepish, red...De Atramentis Bordeaux is a soft deep wine color....and that's all the threadjacking I'm up to at the moment!

Levenger Shiraz is a burgundy with pink undertones...Diamine Ruby seems a clear, deepish, red...De Atramentis Bordeaux is a soft deep wine color....and that's all the threadjacking I'm up to at the moment!

Thanks for the suggestions, and sorry about the threadjack. That was totally my fault. :blush:

I can't wait to get my Jinhao 599c. Then I'll have something interesting to post about.

I'm the threadjacker, lol. But any chance to talk ink colors, hey, I'll take it. Because my barrel color and ink MUST at least harmonize!

• 2 weeks later...

This week I have been using my Baker 100 as my main writer. I love the looks of it!

I have been using everyday since I got it the Jinhao 601 "luxury exquisite pure silver" fountain pen. I like it. It has been a great beginner fountain pen for me to use. I'm learning through trial and error with it as well as the dos and don'ts of fountain pens, so it has been worth it's incredibly cheap price so far. It appears to write easily so far, it is just the right size for someone with smaller hands like me, was shipped for free, and it is pleasing to look at. Only drawbacks I can see is that the piston converter is so short and does not seem durable. Oh, and it would have been cheaper if I had gotten it on Ebay (for less than $9) than from Amazon ($11) at the time. Other than that, a lovely pen.

Glad you like the pen. It's on my list, for one of those days when I'm feeling wealthier than I do at the moment!

My pen today is a Jinhao too, but is the Century Mk2 in blue. Still like this pen even though the plating is showing signs of serious wear now.

Regards,

Richard.

All aboard the Jinhao train! I've decided to give my old X450 another chance. It's been in the cup for months because its huge nib is too broad and wet for my tiny handwriting and crappy paper. Today I will try to write big. Tomorrow I will order an EF Knox nib.

The tracking information tells me that my Jinhao 599C is waiting in my mailbox. I'm resisting the urge to skip my first class to run home and ink it up. Any guesses as to what Chinese pen I'll be using tomorrow? :D

Edited by rezwrrd

Today's pen is my first new pen of the year, an Amber & Grey K316. Immediately on receipt I swapped the nib for a medium italic #6 nib I'd ground some while back from an old kit pen nib. Got to change the finial, but it's not a bad pen at the moment.

Richard.

Hi. I intend on doing a writing sample and review but have only had the pen for less than a day. From my relatively brief exposure I would have to say that it is a Asia medium. Due to the nib design it hold little to no flex but is ever so smooth. I really am surprised this type of nib isn't more Utalised by pen manufactures but get the impression that it's not a cheap solution.

More to follow within the next 24 hours :-)

I bought one similar to that, a flighter, secondhand from a fellow FPN member. It says HERO on the cap band, and there are other small differences, but it looks a lot like yours in all respects. I'd like to know where to find another?

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi