• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a steel Muji pen, got it from Times Square Muji; also have a couple of Schneiders. I have a Mont Blanc as a gift but never used it.

When I was a kid, I used to love one type of Hero pen, had a vague impression it was 3-digit name starting with 6. Got it in a small town where my grandpa used to live. The pen was fairly easy to break after one year of intensive writing in the school, so I bought three in total, once every year when I visited my grandpa during spring festivals.

When my grandpa moved to the south I tried to find the pen where I lived. The pen under the exact same name was somehow different from what I used to get in the small town. The original ones are smaller with a plastic indigo color. The new one was brown and big. It was not as smooth as I remembered. Have been using Parkers since then.

Was considering some Lamy but figured my pens are okay since I don't write that much nowadays with all those smartphones and computers around me. I do have a somehow related interest in mechanical keyboards. I have a Das Keyboard and a HKKB Pro 2 blank, bought the latter one when I lived in Japan for a while.

Could it have been a Hero 616?

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Could it have been a Hero 616?

Wow, I think it actually is. I was probably confused when they have both Demi and Standard, and was looking for the Demi version, which is smaller. Deep green or some called it forest green.

I'll order a couple. Thanks a mill.

Wow, I think it actually is. I was probably confused when they have both Demi and Standard, and was looking for the Demi version, which is smaller. Deep green or some called it forest green.

I'll order a couple. Thanks a mill.

Most welcome.

Could the 'demi' have been the 366? It's TEENY. A bulb-filler. I have a few if those but I'm not sure if they are still in production. Those are great little pens, though!

Most welcome.

Could the 'demi' have been the 366? It's TEENY. A bulb-filler. I have a few if those but I'm not sure if they are still in production. Those are great little pens, though!

I think it's 616. 616's cap design and the depth of green looks more familiar to me. I've seen 366 before but never used it myself.

For me

1. Jinhao 159

2. Jinhau X750

3. Kailegu 316 white swirl with Italic cursive ground nib

After using my Pelikan 800 for a few weeks yesterday I returned to my Kaigelu 316. I'm using it again today. It never fails to surprise me just how good the 316 is.

I re-inked my Katelina 6618 last night with Noodler's Nikita, my favourite Red red; the Jinhao X450 is now sporting Diamine Imperial Purple. We are feeling Imperialistic. :)

This thread reminds me that I should go dig my Hero 200A out of the box and carry it again.

Not a bad Parker 75 Flighter clone, actually...and it was a lot cheaper than a real 75...plus I am not afraid to USE it. :)

This week I've been writing with a Baoer 388 in black lacquer with gold trim, a smooth writer with handsome good looks that I have filled with Waterman's Mysterious Blue.

I also have two Hero 616's as part of my EDC, one burgundy, one green, which are filled with Waterman's Audacious Red and Noodler's Green, respectively, that I use for note taking.

Well, my first pen, and only for the time being is a Jinhao 165 in the black lava finish.

I chose it based on price and the 126 was out of stock where I ordered it ... watched a review from srbebrown

Too many things to collect and play with ... pens, pocket watches, and knives! Oh my!!

Well, my first pen, and only for the time being is a Jinhao 165 in the black lava finish.

I chose it based on price and the 126 was out of stock where I ordered it ... watched a review from srbebrown

I hope you like it and welcome to FPN.

Jinhao 159

Received it yesterday and performed the pre-ink initial cleaning routine with a drop of detergent in the glass of water. Very impressed with the pen, and it is an impressive (size) pen! Can not completely reconcile my self to the level of quality for the price. Makes me wonder why I paid so much more for my other pens. Fit and finish are great. Nib is very good, they call it medium but writes bold. Writes smooth with a touch of tooth which I prefer. First ink in it is Hero (gasp) black, and seems fine. Will try others inks in it over the next few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Jinhao Pocket Missile for me today, and my trusty old Hero 616 for when the Jinhao is acting up. I can't tell if there's something wrong with the nib/feed alignment, or if it just gets weird when it's almost empty. But because of the teensy aerometric filler, it's almost always almost empty.

I seem to keep coming back to the H616. I used fine-grit sandpaper on the hood, barrel, and cap to give it more of a matte/brushed look and feel, and I switched out the clip with an earlier gold-colored one. I've used it almost daily for about a year now, and (aside from occasional ink in the cap, when I carry it improperly) it's my best-behaved pen.

[se if I can get a picture to work.... nope.]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sttvpdrsd1oz1wz/Photo%20Apr%2003%2C%209%2039%2043%20AM.jpg

Hero 359 with the nice blue-black cart it came with...and the Jinhao 599. An orange one. Loaded with Chesterfield Fire Opal that EXACTLY matches the barrel.

Both so far are excellent writers.